Do you play with a keyboard, mouse or controller?

Hex

I guess there's not much to write here? What is your preferred method to play Don't Starve?

It's no secret that the game can be played almost entirely with a mouse, but are there people that have found unique and enjoyable ways to play with a keyboard or controller?

Personally I play with an Xbox 360 controller, remapping buttons with Xpadder.

What do you use to play?

The game is built for a mouse and keyboard, so that's what i use. I use mostly the mouse, but every once in a while i will use WASD to move directions, especially during combat. I do wish that they would release the full build of this to XBLA with some kind of controller support, though, as i'd like to see Klei make more money, and perhaps hit a larger audience.

Keyboard as much as I can. The shortcuts to swap items are especially nice when gathering ressources / fighting. Mouse only when I have to manage inventory / chests or drag an item into something (cooking, sustaining fire, etc).

I use my keyboard to move around (sometimes mouse if I'm lazy), but I like to spam click my mouse to cut down trees/mine rocks faster, and to click everything on the ground to pick it up (much faster than holding the space bar, I'm impatient :p) and yeah mostly mouse for reorganizing everything in my inventory to soothe my OCD, that's really interesting you play with an xbox 360 controller, i didn't even really think that was possible in this game but i suppose it is long as you don't mine taking your time salvaging and picking up things lol.

My question to you is how do you select something to craft without a mouse to click the crafting table on the left?

At the start, I played with only the mouse. Feels very good to me. Possibly because the rapid clicking reminds me of old D2.

After I found out that keyboard works, I've started using WASD a lot. It helps smooths out combat (hit and evade, repeat). Lesser misclicks.

I guess there's not much to write here? What is your preferred method to play Don't Starve?

It's no secret that the game can be played almost entirely with a mouse, but are there people that have found unique and enjoyable ways to play with a keyboard or controller?

Personally I play with an Xbox 360 controller, remapping buttons with Xpadder.

What do you use to play?

I started using my 360 controller when I was getting 100% on Binding of Isaac and it made it much more comfortable and enjoyable. You should post your setup with Xpadder!

I use a lot of WSAD for movement an spacebar for held events like wood chopping and picking stuff up. I always eat and swap out items with mouse though.

Fighting I mostly switch over to mouse for all actions.

wasd movement drives me crazy if I want to move in any non-cardinal direction. So I mostly use mouse, even for combat because it just feels more 'accurate' somehow. Maybe since when left clicking something you'll attack as Soon as you move in range of it instead of using keyboard to: move in -> stop moving -> attack.