If the Don't Starve characters had voices...

Who do you think would voice them?

I'm not saying they should have speaking voices. I really like what Klei did using instrument sounds. It's different and quirky.

But if they did have speaking voices, what do you think they would sound like? My 'headcannon voice' for Wilson is CreepsMcPasta, who reads creepypastas and plays spooky games over on youtube.

You can check him out here and here.

For me,

Wilson: Somewhat like Matt Smith

Willow: Just sort of a snotty teenage girl's voice

Wolfgang: Generic Soviet Russian

Wendy: A creepy little girl's voice

WX-78: An RTD era cyberman

Wickerbottom: A snobby posh woman's voice

Woodie: Kind of a slow, relaxed redneck voice but with a Canadian accent

Wes: The most beautiful voice one can imagine

Maxwell: Definitely Alan Rickman

Wigfrid: A bit of a cross between Stacy from Octodad and female goblins from WoW with a northern accent

Webber: An annoying, high-pitched little boy's voice

Also, everyone except for Wolfgang, Woodie, Wigfrid, and (hypothetically) Wes have British accents to me. Headcannon-wise, I imagine Wigfrid is British (specifically Cockney), but she uses a northern accent in character. There are a few times when she breaks character and switches to her Cockney accent.

I play as Willow a lot, and I always find myself thinking of this question. Personally, I think Willow sounds a lot like Raven from Teen Titans, except a lot older. I mean, isn't she canonically in her 20's?

I have to admit, I sometimes imagine Willow with Raven's voice. But sometimes it doesn't quite fit like when she gets over-excited about something burning. Raven doesn't usually get excited about anything.

I imagine Wigfrid sounds like Rolf from Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Webber as Double D from the same series, except very raspy since he's part spider. Also always imagined Wilson sounding like Johny Depp, especially in his role of Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. They even kinda look alike, don't they? Don't Starve really has that Burton-ish look to it. I love it.

I don't really give them actual, human voices, per se, but I tend to imagine the characters with instrument/human hybrid voices. For example, "No" would be a low flat note followed by a low natural note, slurred together, while "I don't want to..." Would be a high flat followed by a normal sharp note that slurs into a natural one followed by a low sharp note followed by a low flat, all staccato minus the last note, which is drawn out. "Simple"!

(Webber is the exception of course, I just give him the same raspy whispering voice that all spiders have.)

Also, everyone except for Wolfgang, Woodie, Wigfrid, and (hypothetically) Wes have British accents to me. Headcannon-wise, I imagine Wigfrid is British (specifically Cockney), but she uses a northern accent in character. There are a few times when she breaks character and switches to her Cockney accent.

According to lore, William (Maxwell) is indeed British, and so are Wendy and Abigail (by birth) but raised in America (North) so presumably did not adopt British accents.

Wilson is also American

Webber is of Scottish decent... presumably the son of immigrants at the time (Don't Starve timeline around early 1800's/1900's was it? I forgot); could be born American

Wes is French (*gasp* a mime!!)

Wolfgang... Russian accent; but lived in France(?)

Willow, American sensibilities...

Wickerbottom... unknown/unconfirmed connection to anyone...

Wigfrid, plays the role of a Nordic warrior... Viking/Valkyrie (the umlauts)... is an actress...

According to lore, William (Maxwell) is indeed British, and so are Wendy and Abigail (by birth) but raised in America (North) so presumably did not adopt British accents.

I think, it is possible for Wendy and Abigail to have a British accent, even if they were born and raised in the US. If they really are Maxwell's nieces, and if Jack Carter's wife was also British, and if the girls didn't contact with other people much, they could've adopted the accent from their parents.

You forgot Woodie

He's Japanese. O__O

I think, it is possible for Wendy and Abigail to have a British accent, even if they were born and raised in the US. If they really are Maxwell's nieces, and if Jack Carter's wife was also British, and if the girls didn't contact with other people much, they could've adopted the accent from their parents.

Point taken.

Mila Kunis for Willow? O__O 

Archived