Lessons you've learned the hard way?

Let's try to keep a running tally, with each new addition being numbered.

1.) Never collect Beefalo manure with a something equipped.

2.) Never walk through Beefalo while a pack of hounds is chasing you.

3.) When kiting hounds in your base at night, immediately pick up any meat they drop or the others will wake to eat it and try to murder you.

4.) Krampus plays hard to get.

5.) Always equip a spear when harvesting berry farms.

Feel free to add.

About the beefalo manure, you can press spacebar to collect automatically items on the ground or chop down trees if you have the Axe equipped and etc. Holding down spacebar will NOT attack automatically neutral mobs (Beefalos, bees, tallbirs, etc).

1) Never get complacent when hunting large Spider Nests or Tentacles. Even when you think you've "mastered" fighting these things, it only takes a few slip-ups or losing track of what % your armor is at and suddenly BAM! you're in a world of hurt... or dead.

2) Never leave your Fire Pit without either a Miner's Helmet OR the materials to make 2 Torches or a Campfire. I lost a character on Day 50 when I emptied my inventory in order to wear a Log Suit AND be able to pick up more monster loot. Stayed out too long and didn't make it back into my base until after dark... I couldn't see the Fire Pit or any of the fuel I had on the ground or any of my chests, and got eaten by the grue despite having tons of fuel laying all over the place.

3) Never traverse an un-cleared swamp, or a Pig Village at dusk, or any place where Tallbirds live without having a Log Suit or Football Helmet equipped. It can be the difference between an ambush hitting you for 50+ damage, and the same ambush dealing you only 15 damage.

4) Suck it up, and use up an inventory slot to carry some Honey if you think you might be going anywhere dangerous. Having to retreat all the way "back home" because you took some unexpected damage - and can't heal it afterwards - is not fun.

2. Don't try to kill a Tallbird without armor

Lol I know what you mean. I have died twice from forgetting to equip my armor while trying to steal eggs.

1. You can't outrun tentacles forever

2. Don't steal honey at night from your bees with your smallbirds around

3. If you want an army of smallbirds, don't put spider nests anywhere near your base

4. Use rocks and tentacle spikes sparingly

5. Don't starve . . . :p

Amulets only work if you equip them.

Replace your divots (replant pine cones if the tree monster is on you)

Dragonpie is awesome

Make sure you're not holding a hammer when clicking on your storage chests

Let the spiders fight the tentacles

Amulets only work if you equip them.

Replace your divots (replant pine cones if the tree monster is on you)

Dragonpie is awesome

Make sure you're not holding a hammer when clicking on your storage chests

Let the spiders fight the tentacles

That. I really wish I knew about that before I scattered all my stuff on the ground.

1.Do not try to clear out a swamp without some honey.Even if you can kite tentacles perfeclty,you will end up running into two and then a werepig will kill you .

2.Pigs are tasty but evil..They will swarm you quickly

3.Do not use a straw roll next to a spider nest ( I accidentaly did that because it was dark )

4.Have a meat effigy.

5.When you have six bee boxes dont hit a bee near them..Especialy when all bees are out.

6.Dont give all your meat to Piggy King

7.Gobblers are evil to mandrakes

8.Dont let a pig in your base.Especialy dont let a krampus.

9.Hit a beefalo when trying to shear it

10.Your food stocks are finite.

1) Don't worry too much about death, the game is boring if you don't try new things.

2) You can survive long term with just the starter items, anything more you build is one of those fun risks.

3) Wilson gives you extra lives if you need them, once you know how to play try the other characters without amulets or effigies. It's more fun.

4) Willow lets you conserve resources, Wolfgang is a better monster hunter. Be careful playing Wendy her ghost companion will hurt you if your not careful.

5) Often your great ideas don't work as well in game as on paper, that's part of the fun. Farming gobblers with berry bushes in the swamp, for example, works but isn't worth the risk. lol

1.) If you hear a noise you aren't familiar with, stop what you are doing and equip you armor and spear immediately.

2.) Never walk into a swamp (no matter how small!) without at least a spear.

3.) Pay really close attention to your tool/weapon percentages and always carry spare materials for making them.

4.) Just because it doesn't attack you out right doesn't mean it is easy to kill.

5.) He who runs away doesn't star in a hentai scene that day.

• Like 1

1.) If you hear a noise you aren't familiar with, stop what you are doing and equip you armor and spear immediately.

Can't agree with this more. Strange noises are always, without fail, incoming trouble for you.

2.) Never walk into a swamp (no matter how small!) without at least a spear.

Again, super solid advice. Even if you think you can outrun every Tentacle, it's super easy to run away from one and directly into the swing of another nearby tentacle. Also, it's easy to outrun a Tentacle only to have a Frog ambush you, and while they may not hurt much, you need a weapon to get rid of it before all your stuff winds up on the ground.

3.) Pay really close attention to your tool/weapon percentages and always carry spare materials for making them.

Conversely, just make a spare before you leave on an excursion and put the materials back in storage.

4.) Just because it doesn't attack you out right doesn't mean it is easy to kill.

And even if it isn't super difficult to kill, that doesn't mean that all his buddies won't swarm you as Soon as you land that first blow.

5.) He who runs away doesn't star in a hentai scene that day.

Shouldn't that be "She who runs away..."? ;)