Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

I feel like fear factors in to the equation quite significantly, it's a little hard to concentrate on landing revolver shots or getting high damage shotgun shots when you're being set on fire or you have something spewing flames charging towards you.

To be fair, what IS good at countering Pyros?

Beggar Bazooka soldiers. You could probably counter one to two rockets with an airblast, but I severely doubt you could counter a barrage of three. It's even better if there's Crits. A truly magnificent blood shower, I must say.

So sorry if i'm a bit ignorant here, but do we know when the next event is?

I've heard from Stranger that it's around 6AM EST which should be around 11AM for me (atleast from the converter on the first page).

Also I tended to main soldier when i used to play alot (so don't be surprised if i'm him alot), i don't mind playing other classes though :p (i'm assuming this is a sortof non-serious thing :p)

Pretty much the same thing Pyros do over and over aswell, and not really much you can do about airblast spamming either (and imo it's waaay more irritating than stickyspam, which can be countered better aswell). Of course, m1+m2+flare/RS or m1+m2+axetinguisher are not a rare sight either, again not much you can do about it :razz:.

Sure, you can keep your distance to nullify this problem but in most cases you're being treated on a Pyro that is in close viccinity of you...

I personally find pyros easier to counter since i usually play heavy (I essentially deny them access to me, unless they get sneaky.).

I personally find pyros easier to counter since i usually play heavy (I essentially deny them access to me, unless they get sneaky.).

Well, when you're playing Heavy there's not much you can do about stickyspam (and I can see where you're coming from with your earlier statement about it) but you're a good counter to Pyro provided you got some distance.. Heck, playing Heavy effectively is harder than most people think. Imo it's one of the more difficult classes to play properly (so not the spam minigun from afar deal), along with Spy and Engineer. 

Imo it's one of the more difficult classes to play properly (so not the spam minigun from afar deal), along with Spy and Engineer. 

Ironically, position and sudden movement is the key to playing as the heavy. I used to mow down players with 35 killstreaks, but now I just sweep the streets I used to know.

Well, when you're playing Heavy there's not much you can do about stickyspam (and I can see where you're coming from with your earlier statement about it) but you're a good counter to Pyro provided you got some distance.. Heck, playing Heavy effectively is harder than most people think. Imo it's one of the more difficult classes to play properly (so not the spam minigun from afar deal), along with Spy and Engineer. 

yeah, most people think its easy but that's only in just messing around play. If there are competent snipers and spies around heavy gets 10x harder as situational awareness is really important for a slow moving class.

It is a good pyro counter with just the right distance, too far and they can escape too close and I'm toast, sometimes its better just to pepper them from afar to scare them off though

Have generally found that with huntsman Pyro's are most annoying. The best luck I've had with killing them is if they en't so grand at airblasting. Either mistiming it or letting me get my feet on the ground for the split second it takes to shoot (I do believe you can draw your bow midair, just not shoot. So if you keep your cursor tracked onto their head if they let you touch the ground for even a second they are in quite a deep frying pan there)

But then again, if you don't get your feet on the ground well, uhhh, GG!

Once again I have come up with an idea. If everyone can give me their crates, then I can sell them. If I can sell crates, then I can get .01 cent for that crate. If I get .01 cents per crate, I can eventually get enough money to buy a cheap unusual. When I have enough money to buy a cheap unusual, the raffle prize is really good.

Switch to direct TV today!

Let’s try to get unusual in a raffle!

Once again I have come up with an idea. If everyone can give me their crates, then I can sell them. If I can sell crates, then I can get .01 cent for that crate. If I get .01 cents per crate, I can eventually get enough money to buy a cheap unusual. When I have enough money to buy a cheap unusual, the raffle prize is really good.

but, no one buys crates.

So when do you want my literally 100 crates?

Archived