Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

It shouldn't have to be competitive TF2. And yet it felt like Spazmatic was turning this into a competitive game.

I really enjoied the fact that Spaz was (is) a pro spy. It gave me a feeling of challenge! And who cares if you die? As you said, it's not a competitive game, so there's nothing bad in dieing.

It shouldn't have to be competitive TF2. And yet it felt like Spazmatic was turning this into a competitive game.

Actually, the way you've been complaining, if this "shouldn't have to be competitive TF2", then surely you don't mind dying. If anything, it sounds more like you'd only enjoy this event if everyone was at your skill level or below.

Look, this event is meant to be fun. Players play how they want, use whatever strategies they want and can, if they want completely destroy the other team. Also, his skill level is high. Some of the HS he got were very, very impressive. If you genuinely hated the way he played, tell him during the event, or use something to combat him playing Spy. Go Pyro, maybe? Go Scout to make HS harder. Get the team to obliterate him. Do whatever. Just don't come on here, AFTERWARDS, and tell someone they ruined the event. You had your chance to do something about it, at the time.

@Spazmatic, as far as I, and most people here are concerned, you are fine to continue as you were. If you want to continue, fine, if you want to tone it down, also fine.

And if someone was making the event NOT fun? Also, I did try that. Died anyways.

And if someone was making the event NOT fun? Also, I did try that. Died anyways.

In your opinion it made it not fun. It was a challenge, just like Jim was in the last one. I personally thought it made it more enjoyable. I'm sorry you disagree, but this is intended to be a FUN event for everyone, and forcing someone to play a class or play below their skill level is unfair to them. Now if you don't enjoy being killed by someone, that's your problem, and not theirs.

Please don't pressure other members into playing below what they can, or playing a class they don't want to.

You could also have switched teams. But y'know.

You know that's almost NEVER the case, right, Arcticfox?

If you were that bothered, but there is no room, ask someone on the other team to join Spectator, you join RED/BLU, and then they rejoin on the other team. If there was room, you switch. Not an issue either way.

Look, this event is meant to be fun. Players play how they want, use whatever strategies they want and can, if they want completely destroy the other team. Also, his skill level is high. Some of the HS he got were very, very impressive. If you genuinely hated the way he played, tell him during the event, or use something to combat him playing Spy. Go Pyro, maybe? Go Scout to make HS harder. Get the team to obliterate him. Do whatever. Just don't come on here, AFTERWARDS, and tell someone they ruined the event. You had your chance to do something about it, at the time.

Alright, you clearly don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Forget it.

In this case, it wouldn't have changed much, because bloody auto-balance. Arcticfox, I understand you and Spazmatic get along well, and you want to stand up for him. That's fine and dandy. Really.

But I know i'm not the only person who got more than a bit peeved at Spazmatic basically making himself the MVP of the entire event. I don't want to have the leave the event expressly because one person is on...

It's not just me, dude. Getting killed by the same person over, and over, and over, no matter what, at the absolute least, doesn't make you feel like you accomplished anything. Even if you can laugh it off. Spazmatic made things rather hellish for those who wanted to get some kills with him being Sny, basically. At one point, the upper right of the screen was jammed full of his kill messages.

This is now at a crossroad, way I see it. How do we play, ingame? Do we keep it all serious, and just endlessly butt heads? Or do we act friendly, maybe play around a bit instead of constantly gung-hoing each other?

In this case, it wouldn't have changed much, because bloody auto-balance. Arcticfox, I understand you and Spazmatic get along well, and you want to stand up for him. That's fine and dandy. Really.

But I know i'm not the only person who got more than a bit peeved at Spazmatic basically making himself the MVP of the entire event. I don't want to have the leave the event expressly because one person is on...

It's not just me, dude. Getting killed by the same person over, and over, and over, no matter what, at the absolute least, doesn't make you feel like you accomplished anything. Even if you can laugh it off. Spazmatic made things rather hellish for those who wanted to get some kills with him being Sny, basically. At one point, the upper right of the screen was jammed full of his kill messages.

This is now at a crossroad, way I see it. How do we play, ingame? Do we keep it all serious, and just endlessly butt heads? Or do we act friendly, maybe play around a bit instead of constantly gung-hoing each other?

Fair enough, I accept the Auto-balance point, but you could still have worked around it, I mean, I know it's difficult, but if it bothered you this much, worth a try?

It may not be just you, but as far as I can see, it's you and Sporb here, and so far, I haven't heard anything from anyone else.

I get along relatively well with Spaz, yes, but probably not as well as you'd think, we're not best buds or anything, I know him pretty well,a and (in internet terms), I'd consider him a friend, but if I thought he was being unfair during the event, I wouldn't stand up for him. I'd politely ask him to tone it down. What I saw was a good player, doing what he does best. And it didn't bother.

From my end, it didn't feel serious. I genuinely couldn't care less when I died, even when Spaz killed me a good 11 times out of 13. Even when Spaz ended my 7 KS. I honestly didn't care. I was enjoying myself. But I would like to see some play where we messed around. We could do some stupid things like all going Shotgun Heavies, Ubersaw-only Medics, I don't know. Perhaps a bit more 'fun' mixed in with the 'serious'? 

Fair enough, I accept the Auto-balance point, but you could still have worked around it, I mean, I know it's difficult, but if it bothered you this much, worth a try?

It may not be just you, but as far as I can see, it's you and Sporb here, and so far, I haven't heard anything from anyone else.

I get along relatively well with Spaz, yes, but probably not as well as you'd think, we're not best buds or anything, I know him pretty well,a and (in internet terms), I'd consider him a friend, but if I thought he was being unfair during the event, I wouldn't stand up for him. I'd politely ask him to tone it down. What I saw was a good player, doing what he does best. And it didn't bother.

From my end, it didn't feel serious. I genuinely couldn't care less when I died, even when Spaz killed me a good 11 times out of 13. Even when Spaz ended my 7 KS. I honestly didn't care. I was enjoying myself. But I would like to see some play where we messed around. We could do some stupid things like all going Shotgun Heavies, Ubersaw-only Medics, I don't know. Perhaps a bit more 'fun' mixed in with the 'serious'? 

Alex and Hugo M, to name two more.

We could try some more fun-ish things. Like Heavy Picnics. I can see now that if we JUST take it all serious, it's only going to lead to situations like this one. Where hurt feelings occur because one player is better than all the other players combined.

But I would like to see some play where we messed around. We could do some stupid things like all going Shotgun Heavies, Ubersaw-only Medics, I don't know. Perhaps a bit more 'fun' mixed in with the 'serious'? 

Well for this event, a little later on we had all went into ham mode, so there's that.

We need to have a talk here, regarding how we play in the events. All of us.

I'm not so sure we do. The majority of the feedback is positive. I'm sorry you feel this way, but changing something that seems to be working (for the most part) doesn't seem right to me.

Well, you wanted us to work something out. I'm afraid that working something out is going to entail some sort of notable change.

Perhaps try and set up a MVM match on the side for those who want?

I need more than 4 out of 34 to enforce changes. If you want MvM, just post in chat and invite those interested. I can barely keep up with remembering to set the events themselves up in the first place, let alone organising more. :/

I need more than 4 out of 34 to enforce changes. If you want MvM, just post in chat and invite those interested. I can barely keep up with remembering to set the events themselves up in the first place, let alone organising more. :/

Well, it might be a bit trickier than that, thanks to the utter failure that is Valve MvM matchmaking.

Alex and Hugo M, to name two more.

Being fair, the thing that killed me the most and almost caused me to rage quit wasn't Spaz, no it was something far more evil, which I've always trying to defeat, not only a single one but two were the big enemies when i was playing in the server, they are the DAMN LAG AND MY HUGE PING.

(really, those are the things that forced me to go as medic and/or engi, but any other classes would just die to anything far too easily however as far as i know there is no way for me to defeat those so... yeah)

Also im all up for those silly things you guys talked about, the last moments( The FULL HAM ones) were pretty fun.

I'll do my very best. But yeah, Arcticfox, you can only invite people on your FRIENDS LIST to a party. Not random duffers/forum members.

Well you could just add the people you want to play with to your friend's list and then make a party...

Archived