Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

Oh, I forgot to ask. @Spazmatic, do you play TF2 competitively? I think you're quite the experienced player.

No, I don't play competitive TF2. I have done so in the past though, where I was the Demoman in a Highlander team (only one of each class in a team of 9). It was like the lowest division(or maybe not even a true division, can't remember) ,Div 6. Never played any tournaments. I dislike the fact that you can only use certain loadouts and some weapons/items are downright banned from competitive, like the Enforcer. Plus training schedules/scrims that were far from ideal etc. A lot of things that made me dislike competitive TF2...

Edit: Oh and in the past, my "main" class changed after a few weeks of playing them, lol. Spy so far seems to be the main man for about a month or so now.

How do you play competitively? Are there some ufficial tournaments or something?

There are a few tournaments you can participate in with a team, be it in a 6v6 or a 9v9 (Highlander) scenario. There's European and American tournaments, like ESL, UGC, ESEA and ETF2L. Some are open for everyone others you got to qualify yourself for.

Thinking about MvM, maybe there could also be an option to find a server that let's you play as the robots aswell? There will be more player slots available and should prove to be something completely different from the main TF2 game! Watch this video for more info:

I don't recommend it, Spaz. The Two Cities update broke that mod HARD.

1. @Hugo M.

@Spinorex

@DwerBomb

@ancientdragon8

@TooMuchHoneyHam

@Craig_Perry

@Neosaurus

@Lord_Battal

@aredshroom

@Snob

@CyanBlue

@Luggs

@Mandrake Stew

@Xjurwi

@Bryce

@Spazmatic

@TRENTOMINOUS

@PatchDotexe

@MycoLogical

@ArcticFox789

Everyone,

I am collecting donations for the next event so that we can have a raffle for items (hats). If you have anything please send a trade offer to my steam. No donation is to big/small/medium. I promise that I will not take your stuff and run off with it.

Everyone,

I am collecting donations for the next event so that we can have a raffle for items (hats). If you have anything please send a trade offer to my steam. No donation is to big/small/medium. I promise that I will not take your stuff and run off with it.</p>

Is there a possibility for the raffle prize to be a strange weapon if the donation total is large enough? Hats are great, but Stranges are also great.

Everyone,

I am collecting donations for the next event so that we can have a raffle for items (hats). If you have anything please send a trade offer to my steam. No donation is to big/small/medium. I promise that I will not take your stuff and run off with it.

Got it: if you copy paste that list of tags, it doesn't work and nobody that is mentioned gets the notification.

Also, note that NOBODY is obliged in doing a donation. If someone doesn't want to donate, he can. I will donate, btw.

We should all get australium gold paint for our ham bats.

That would be fantastic. Do they sell paint in the Mann Co. Store?

Edit: Well actually, now that I think of it, it's probably cheaper on the community market...

Got it: if you copy paste that list of tags, it doesn't work and nobody that is mentioned gets the notification.

Also, note that NOBODY is obliged in doing a donation. If someone doesn't want to donate, he can. I will donate, btw.

I understand that.

Although it would be nice to have some good prizes. I can donate my strange baby face blaster. 

I understand that.

Although it would be nice to have some good prizes. I can donate my strange baby face blaster.

I could donate my strange neon annihilator, I guess. It's the only strange thing I have. If not, I could donate some common weapons (because I have only normal hats that are not that good).

That would be fantastic. Do they sell paint in the Mann Co. Store?

Edit: Well actually, now that I think of it, it's probably cheaper on the community market...

They do sell paint at Mann Co. Store. 99 cents U.S for Australium Gold. They do not have it on the community market however.

EDIT: Actually they do, but it's cheaper from the store.

I don't have a Ham. 

I just assist a friend who has one with my Pan and call it the Breakfast Combo, usually typing in the chat afterwards "You just got served Breakfast!"

Do you have a bind? If not, open up console and type in bind *whatever key you want* say" You just got served Breakfast!

People who donate do not have the upper hand in the giveaways, they only increase the worthiness of the prize. I discussed this with Trent, and I agree that people who are rich enough to donate shouldn't be the only ones who can win the prize.

The giveaways are randomly given to players, of course. The prizes depend on how much things are donated. I think there should be a minimum prize for the giveaways (metal would be adequate), just in case nobody feels like donating at that time.

Archived