Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

Also, @ , you are invited at the next event.

Finally, I get to be the anti-social prson at the even-

And I think I already have all the slots filled up, both from here and the Dapper Den on Raidcall.

C2fdn.jpg

Sure, as long as we have a trusted middle man, and a fair way of picking a winner. I'd hate for the fun to be ruined by someone running off with the prize/a biased result to the raffle.

I nominate myself for middle man. 

Plus you all can harass me if I embezzle, which I won't. 

Send the donations in trade requests though. 

Simple way to do it, of course, would be to take a bowl full of paper tickets with people's names on it, give it a shake, and pick one at random. If the winner is on the server, then they get all the stuff.

Now, anyone know where we could find a digital version of this?

Simple way to do it, of course, would be to take a bowl full of paper tickets with people's names on it, give it a shake, and pick one at random. If the winner is on the server, then they get all the stuff.

Now, anyone know where we could find a digital version of this?

You could use random.org if everyone gets a number. I've used it for my blog raffles. 

I don't think it's really about skill levels. I mean, surely he's good at other classes and can do something different once in a while. That wouldn't, like, ruin the event for him, right?

I don't know, I find Spaz annoying to fight against because what he does seems more like a 'lol im so pro i only get headshotz' kinda thing. It doesn't feel like a legitimate strategy, it just seems like something that only works because a lot of us are just messing around and/or not very good. As if, rather than playing his best, he's taking advantage of us with cheap tactics that only work because most of us aren't experienced enough to know how to deal with them.

Of course, I don't really know if that's true; I'm not really familiar with competitive TF2. I don't mean to say that that is what I think he's actually trying to do, but that's how it comes across to me. And I should probably say that I'm not actually angry, because I think I sound that way. I'm certainly not going to let anyone else's playstyle ruin the game for me, but it does make Spaz less fun to fight against.

Comp Spies pretty much do the exact same thing, they just go about trying to headshot everyone from a distance depending on the situation. Though they're also useful for gathering intel to the team ("the Medic is almost full ubercharge"), and should focus on getting the best picks (Demoman, Medic, Sniper in certain maps). Besides, even in comp TF2 strategies involve stuff like: Stickyspam, Scout's spamming scattergun from a distance, Spy amby headshots, fully charged bodyshots.

Generally Spies are easy to counter by almost every class, and usually die the most. Not much I can do with fancy headshots when a Soldier (@Snob!) treats me on some point blank rockets. But I digress and feel this matter has been discussed by now and everyone voiced their opinion. Should there still be something to discuss, do so in a pm. 

Thinking about MvM, maybe there could also be an option to find a server that let's you play as the robots aswell? There will be more player slots available and should prove to be something completely different from the main TF2 game! Watch this video for more info:

Archived