Klei forums community TF2 event.

ARamblingSpider

What, the fact that people were literally targeting you in the chat wasn't enough? Nor Snob's name change? We DID tell you that you were overdoing it. But seems that you didn't catch the memo.

Snob was gonna target me anyways (and succeeded quite a lot of times, too), we didn't do that lil trashtalking in this very thread for no reason. And no, I didn't catch the memo. I've targetted people in TF2 chat before, both in chat and name changing. It's all part of the game, and a means of trolling/joking. Sorry for ruining almost everyone's fun apparently.

Snob was gonna target me anyways (and succeeded quite a lot of times, too), we didn't do that lil trashtalking in this very thread for no reason. And no, I didn't catch the memo. I've targetted people in TF2 chat before, both in chat and name changing. It's all part of the game, and a means of trolling/joking. Sorry for ruining almost everyone's fun apparently.

Look. I can't stop you from joining these events, and I don't want to. But, please....next time, try a class that you're not so well-versed in. Please.

Guys, please stop fighting. The whole "I hate you Spaz" thing was a joke. It was intended to be a funny, but I guess some of you are missing the joke. Spaz, I enjoy your company in the Klei Community Event.

As for @Silentdarkness1..

I understand where you're coming from. It's not uncommon to see Spaz kicking our arses, but it can't be helped. It's just the way he plays. The Klei Community Event was intended to unite the people in the Klei forums community, and I'm very dissapointed to see you wanting to seperate Spaz from the event. If there's anything I learned from the forums, it's that people need to agree with one another. Look, I DONT WANT SPAZ TO BE OUTTA THIS EVENT. IF THERE'S ONE THING IN THIS FORUM I WILL CARRY OUT, IT WILL GODDAMN BE MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY. AND WITH SPAZ AND VINCENT RETURNING TO THE FORUMS I DO NOT WISH TO SEE PEOPLE LEFT OUT. OKAY?

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A TROLL, A NOOB, OR A PRO, BUT I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COME TO OUR EVENT. I WILL BE SURE TO MAKE YOU FEEL AS IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY.

@Silentdarkness1

He's still upset nontheless. I don't want anyone to feel that way. He would probably feel that he doesn't want to join the next event, and that is what I want to avoid. This is the Klei Community Event, and anyone in the forums can join the game. The last thing I want in this event, is to have someone feel left out or unwanted.

By all means, I want him to come back, too. But what I don't want, is to be discouraged to the point where I, ME, MYSELF, has to leave because I can't catch a damn break. It's depressing. There's nothing wrong with taking the gameplay a little more casually.

It's like @Snob said, everyone should feel welcome to join the event, and this includes you Silent. It's good that you have voiced your thoughts, makes it better for me to understand what was going on and I can empathize with your points. I might still have some moments where I play as agressively as I did this event, but I will tone it down next event so you won't feel like this anymore(or anyone else). It doesn't matter how many people didn't have fun, it's that they didn't have fun that should change.

I'm still somehow glad that the people I personally talked with over Steam had fun though, but will be happy  when this will be everyone attending the next event, and will strive to accomplish that aswell.

I understand. But I think you need a different mindset. We play videogames because they are fun and engaging, and we should always have the right mindset when we play these games. When someone kills me in TF2, I don't usually think "Damnit, that bugger killed me", I laugh it off instead. When I get killed by the same person over and over again, I take that as an optional challenge. When I'm killed, I feel surprised, and I soon laugh because I'm having fun with my friends. Feeling that a person is disturbing your gameplay will disturb you, but when you feel that someone is making your game more interesting, it will be interesting. I hope you understand.

@Spazmatic Thank you. That's all I was hoping for.

@Snob It probably doesn't help that there are Dominations in this game. Also, the majority of the people here aren't REALLY friends of mine, they're names I know. Which is different. The way I see things is, if i'm getting killed over and over again, then I need to get a kill in at least once to reassure myself that i'm not so terrible at this game that I should uninstall it and never go back. Spazmatic straight up turning me into furniture repeatedly was nothing short of humiliating. To me, an interesting game is one where i'm faced with a challenge that I can at least have a chance to beat, as opposed to trying to keep up with Spazmatic, which is nothing short of a joke. Me being the punch line. Sorry, I guess that my brain isn't compatible with letting everything roll of my shoulder.

I don't think Spaz should have to play below his skill level.

I don't think it's really about skill levels. I mean, surely he's good at other classes and can do something different once in a while. That wouldn't, like, ruin the event for him, right?

I don't know, I find Spaz annoying to fight against because what he does seems more like a 'lol im so pro i only get headshotz' kinda thing. It doesn't feel like a legitimate strategy, it just seems like something that only works because a lot of us are just messing around and/or not very good. As if, rather than playing his best, he's taking advantage of us with cheap tactics that only work because most of us aren't experienced enough to know how to deal with them.

Of course, I don't really know if that's true; I'm not really familiar with competitive TF2. I don't mean to say that that is what I think he's actually trying to do, but that's how it comes across to me. And I should probably say that I'm not actually angry, because I think I sound that way. I'm certainly not going to let anyone else's playstyle ruin the game for me, but it does make Spaz less fun to fight against.

Couple questions -

1-  Is today's event already over?

2 - Did it ever start?

3-  what server will this be in?

4 - where do i sign up?

1. Yes

2. Yes, at about 10 AM EST

3. I don't know

4. By saying you'll be there! You can also join the steam group if you wish.

Look, this event is meant to be fun. Players play how they want, use whatever strategies they want and can, if they want completely destroy the other team. Also, his skill level is high. Some of the HS he got were very, very impressive. If you genuinely hated the way he played, tell him during the event, or use something to combat him playing Spy. Go Pyro, maybe? Go Scout to make HS harder. Get the team to obliterate him. Do whatever. Just don't come on here, AFTERWARDS, and tell someone they ruined the event. You had your chance to do something about it, at the time.

@Spazmatic, as far as I, and most people here are concerned, you are fine to continue as you were. If you want to continue, fine, if you want to tone it down, also fine.

Archived