Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

Could they be hounds? Or maybe those lightning goats?

It's definitely not hounds, and I haven't encountered any lightning goats. I can distinctly hear the sound that Maxwell and the clockwork monsters make. I thought it might be coming from one of the clockwork biomes near my base, but I killed all of the mobs inside and it didn't stop. Plus, I'm not just hearing it at one point on the map: It happens everywhere. I'm scared.

It's definitely not hounds, and I haven't encountered any lightning goats. I can distinctly hear the sound that Maxwell and the clockwork monsters make. I thought it might be coming from one of the clockwork biomes near my base, but I killed all of the mobs inside and it didn't stop. Plus, I'm not just hearing it at one point on the map: It happens everywhere. I'm scared.

It...

It couldn't be a giant right? They're not implemented. Is it the wind?

Yeah, I'm in the exact same situation.

EDIT: No, it is just the tumbleweeds. I assume it's supposed to give a tiny feel of Wild West. Maybe? I have no other theories.

When CHESTS and FARMS are burnt, they have a new display (as far as I know it is new). The boxes are nothing but a burnt frame, and farms are just charred. However, character (Woody) will not comment on the difference. 

Same goes with Pig Houses and hammering the item will give half the normal (un-burnt) resources for collection. 

(EDIT: This was posted earlier on) 

During Spring after the rains WET TREES will not spread fires as quickly or at all, and during Autumn, trees will spread fires much more than normal. Makes sense. 

Found this out will trying to burn out unwanted spiders during Spring.

berry bushes and saplings (and possibly crops??? I don't have any farms yet so I'm not sure) wither during the summer apparently

tumblr_n1otmnCrxL1r5j6bwo1_400.jpg

apparently these bushes can also start wiLD FIRES

tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo1_400.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo3_400.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo5_1280.jpg

idk what I expected to happen just standing there watching it smoke tbh

Well that escalated quickly.

It's probably already common sense by now, but if you are wearing/holding wet items, your sanity drains. Such as a wet axe, wet grass suit, etc etc.

Watch out for it, my sanity was going down by 1.5 every second.

Edit:

18a8664ae59d4e23baa4c1b59f43521b.png

I can also confirm vultures are attracted by meat. This could be used as an alternitive food source.

When I put a morsel down a vulture came and attacked me. When it was killed it dropped a morsel and a drumstick.

56e8bbf73ae74d8162a40bb98cdaf8fc.png

I also found a group of goats.

It's probably already common sense by now, but if you are wearing/holding wet items, your sanity drains. Such as a wet axe, wet grass suit, etc etc.

Edit:

I can also confirm vultures are attracted by meat. This could be used as an alternitive food source.

When I put a morsel down a vulture came and attacked me. When it was killed it dropped a morsel and a drumstick.

This is why I usually play Maxwell. I can never put up with with constant sanity drains.

Dem goats though...

Edit:

This "wetness" meter is already confusing the heck out of me and I don't even have the DLC.

According to the wiki, when lightning strikes the spot an electroshee- I mean the TOTALLY original volt goat died at, a translucent shape of a goat will be standing there, Harry Potter style.

It does, but only briefly, and the lightning has to come at just the right time.

ETA: Going to post a screenshot of it on the wiki.  Here you go:

Ghostly_Volt_Goat.png

Probably not as defined as you were expecting though.

I tried to follow a koalephant but got distracted, and barely 10 seconds after Willow said 'shoot, I lost him in all this mud'

I'm guessing the seasons affects tracking as well.

Edit:

Also, spiders have been buffed. Hitting a spiders nest release 4 insead of 3.

43cf225fbd1d8c61fae908342814bfdf.png

So I know some o these things may ave been mentioned before - but that's what I found out in my 4 days of game play (Died to grue on day 4... Went to have a drink, I could swore my fire should last the entire night.)

Anyways : 

First thing I found were Moles - Moles are cool, easy to hunt, but they steal all the rocks, you can retrieve them, but i they digest them over time, this may get problematic.

Acorns! - Acorns are great, when cooked they restore 20 hunger, and fall every time you chop new tree ("It's all Leafy, most of the time" lol) . Way  to Nerf them? Of course, just reduce the amount of acorns falling to one. This way you will have a choice, eat it, or plant a new Acorn tree.

Wet meter - I hate rains even more than I did before. But simple umbrella and a fire should render player almost(!) immune to the rain effects. The torch does not help you dry. After some time of rain, or maybe rain meter everything becomes wet. Wet Garland will drain your sanity !

Endrotherminc fires are EVIL - I was just checking what will happen when I get soaked too much, and then about 80 of wet I created "one of these new fires". Yeah I had to run pretty fast and search for grass.

I might have see something interesting that I didn't mention. But I don't remember now. So that'll be all for now.

Archived