Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

A few discoveries before heading off for the night.

-Flowers appear to spawn without the aid of homeless bees. I was in autumn and this seemed to happen when it rained a lot. There is a beehive a little ways to the north, but I don't recall seeing any bees in the area where the flowers popped up. Not sure if it's a bug or intended.

-The heat stone seems to have been nerfed slightly. It took longer to heat up than usual. Didn't test it extensively to see if rain/snow or heating it in a pocket versus on the ground made a difference.

-Mini glaciers spawn around Pengull breeding areas! I'll have to mine some ice and stick it in my fridge to see how long it lasts. Others seemed to spawn randomly in the nearby rocky biome. I didn't track where I had mined ones before, so I'm not sure if they're just reappearing where they had been or if these are new ones forming.

I've yet to find the electrical doodad. Does anyone know where they're gotten? I didn't see it on the crafting menu.

Just if some of you didn't already know.....

the good ol' Strawhat is good against rainy wetness, too.

Oh and who else thinks the only thing Wilson is lacking now is a pretty dress out of petals? We got the Garland, the lovely Paraplui .... :wilsoalmostangelic:

I've tested the straw hat and seen no difference vs. without it.

EDIT: Ok, looks like there may be a small difference.

I've tested the straw hat and seen no difference vs. without it.

Strange....I think I have to look at it again.....

GOOBLERS......those pests.......they eat the planted acorn saplings out of the ground!!!!! I want to whack a Gobbler with a hammer and then invent some torturing device.....gnaaaaaaa   >w<

r0Ei0Ta.png?1

Strange....I think I have to look at it again.....

GOOBLERS......those pests.......they eat the planted acorn saplings out of the ground!!!!! I want to whack a Gobbler with a hammer and then invent some torturing device.....gnaaaaaaa   >w<

Looks like there is a very small difference afterall.  The reason I wasn't seeing it at first was because the difference is so small that you will only see the arrow change when you're right on the edge between arrow sizes.  And since the rate of rainfall fluctuates you can't do wetness/time to figure it out.

There's too much rain. Way too much. I mean it's not really bad, but twice in 3 days? C'mon. I got a Purple Gem from a Tumbleweed... Beefaloes seem rarer. 

From what I can tell the heavy rains are a spring thing, so starting in autumn might be a good idea.

Looks like there is a very small difference afterall. 

Ah, good I thought my eyes are weird XD

Yes it is very small. But I like how the Strawhat gets some use itself and not only as base for a couple of other hats.

By the way....were do I get the bees for a bee box? Is there a killerbee pacifier somewhere or are they calm in a certain season? Any information about that?

Ah, good I thought my eyes are weird XD

Yes it is very small. But I like how the Strawhat gets some use itself and not only as base for a couple of other hats.

By the way....were do I get the bees for a bee box? Is there a killerbee pacifier somewhere or are they calm in a certain season? Any information about that?

They appear to only be aggressive in spring.  I guess the idea is they're crazed about all the flowers, so they're not messing around.

ETA: And back to the strawhat... I haven't tested this yet, but I'm hoping it helps prevent overheating in the summer, which would make sense for it to do, like the parasol (or at least I assume that's what the parasol does, haven't played around with it yet).

Edit again: Looks like the parasol both protects slightly from wetness and insulates.

They appear to only be aggressive in spring.  I guess the idea is they're crazed about all the flowers, so they're not messing around.

ETA: And back to the strawhat... I haven't tested this yet, but I'm hoping it helps prevent overheating in the summer, which would make sense for it to do, like the parasol (or at least I assume that's what the parasol does, haven't played around with it yet).

I'm currently in the summer and I fear we need the ''sombrero'' thingie (I thinks I saw something like that in the list, not quite sure)....if the Strawhat works it is as minor as it helps against wetness...

And my Ice Cube is about to melt...need more ice.....stupid summer...^^ I want autum

the parasol should work and also you gain a little bit of sanity while wielding it

I'm currently in the summer and I fear we need the ''sombrero'' thingie (I thinks I saw something like that in the list, not quite sure)....if the Strawhat works it is as minor as it helps against wetness...

And my Ice Cube is about to melt...need more ice.....stupid summer...^^ I want autum

the parasol should work and also you gain a little bit of sanity while wielding it

I only saw two new hats in the current build, the ice cube and the rain hat.

Archived