Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

I hope so, but what else is left to be on a trailer? I though that the big things were already in.

Winter is still the only season to have unique mobs (ice hounds, MacTusk, pengulls). I like to hope that all the other seasons would get unique mobs too.

Well this is new for me...at least for me. 

Woah, could you give us some info on those rocks? What are they called in game and what is there text file name? I assume you can't interact with them at all? I wonder if there's something special about the pig in there. 

I don't know if it's just me, but almost every time (7 out of 10 times) when I chop down a birch tree, 2-3 other birch trees in the area turns evil, and they kill me immediately with purple birch-like minions, so it's almost impossible to get the birch nuts.. Any ideas how to prevent this?

I don't know if it's just me, but almost every time (7 out of 10 times) when I chop down a birch tree, 2-3 other birch trees in the area turns evil, and they kill me immediately with purple birch-like minions, so it's almost impossible to get the birch nuts.. Any ideas how to prevent this?

Sadly, there is no way to prevent it. The only way to "stop" it is to just set them to none in the world generation settings.

Trailer for the next update today?

Unlikely. They usually post it on the night between Friday and Saturday (I'm judging by UTC+4 time zone, so the day and hour may be different for you). And they posted the trailer for the latest update shortly after the update itself came out.

I found a simple method. When the birchnut treeguard awakens, just simply walk away from him where he could not spawn his birchnutters, wait for a few minutes (I couldn't tell you exactly how long sorry, I will check tomorrow), then go back to him. You can now chop him without having him attacking you. I don't know if it's intended to be as simple.

I found a simple method. When the birchnut treeguard awakens, just simply walk away from him where he could not spawn his birchnutters, wait for a few minutes (I couldn't tell you exactly how long sorry, I will check tomorrow), then go back to him. You can now chop him without having him attacking you. I don't know if it's intended to be as simple.

Yeah, I've had 0 trouble with birchguards due to this. In fact it seemed kind of silly but I assumed it was meant to balance out the obvious inanity of having too many birchguards all defending each other and creating a super-grove.

However.. given that you can just cut them down during the winter without any trouble... I think it might be a bug.

Unlikely. They usually post it on the night between Friday and Saturday (I'm judging by UTC+4 time zone, so the day and hour may be different for you). And they posted the trailer for the latest update shortly after the update itself came out.

I miss the trailer clue finding madness. 

For starters, only the large birchnut trees spawn those guards. If you just stick to the medium and small, you should be just fine

yea me too, and then it promptly put out my fire > :(

It's actually really annoying too during summer at night time.  My alchemy engine and a few chest full of items got toasted while i panicked trying to not overheat, not die to Charlie, and extinguish the fires at the same time.

Sadly, there is no way to prevent it. The only way to "stop" it is to just set them to none in the world generation settings.

For starters, only the large birchnut trees spawn those guards. If you just stick to the medium and small, you should be just fine

Thanks for the tips, definetly going to try them out!

Guys, just like the regular Treeguards, Birchnut Treeguards can be pacified by planting Birchnuts near them. Also like regular Treeguards, planting Birchnuts doesn't always work.

Also, my first Wigfrid death was because of a Bearger. They can turn into wacky waving arm flailing inflatable tube bears and do a ton of damage with an AOE. Had to dance around a campfire for the night until that almost unfair range killed me. Dragonfly still takes the cake with difficulty.

NEW ITEMS!!!

Moggles: Grants the wearer Smell-E-Vision (2 moles, 2 electric doodads, 4 silk)

Luxury Fan: Luxurious soft, luxuriously large (5 down feathers, 2 cut reeds, 2 rope)

Insulated Pack: Small capacity, but keeps stuff fresh: (1 thick fur, 3 gears, 3 electric doodads)

Scale Mail: Armour with a fiery temper (1 scales, 1 log suit, 3 pig hides)

Weather Pain: Blow your enemies away (10 down feather, 1 volt horn, 1 gears)

Scaled Chest: A sturdy and fireproof container: 1 scales, 4 boards, 10 gold)

Floral Shirt: Fun in the sun. Or on Casual Fridays (12 petals, 2 silk, 6 butterfly wings)

Summer Frest: Keep cool and fresh in this stylish vest (4 papyrus, 4 red feathers, 4 pig hides)

Hibernation Vest:A bear of a vest (1 thick fur, 1 dapper vest, 2 rope)

Eyebrealla: An eye on the sky keeps you dry (1 deeclopse eye, 15 twigs, 4 bone shards)

NEW ITEMS!!!

Moggles: Grants the wearer Smell-E-Vision (2 moles, 2 electric doodads, 4 silk)

Luxury Fan: Luxurious soft, luxuriously large (5 down feathers, 2 cut reeds, 2 rope)

Insulated Pack: Small capacity, but keeps stuff fresh: (1 thick fur, 3 gears, 3 electric doodads)

Scale Mail: Armour with a fiery temper (1 scales, 1 log suit, 3 pig hides)

Weather Pain: Blow your enemies away (10 down feather, 1 volt horn, 1 gears)

Scaled Chest: A sturdy and fireproof container: 1 scales, 4 boards, 10 gold)

Floral Shirt: Fun in the sun. Or on Casual Fridays (12 petals, 2 silk, 6 butterfly wings)

Summer Frest: Keep cool and fresh in this stylish vest (4 papyrus, 4 red feathers, 4 pig hides)

Hibernation Vest:A bear of a vest (1 thick fur, 1 dapper vest, 2 rope)

Eyebrealla: An eye on the sky keeps you dry (1 deeclopse eye, 15 twigs, 4 bone shards)

You can also put ice in a crock pot

Cat caps do not drop from catcoons anymore, you need to get coon tails to craft them. So far after killing a  lot of catcoons I have gotten no tails, maybe there is another way of getting them. Either that or I am just plain unlucky, or it is bugged.

Cat caps do not drop from catcoons anymore, you need to get coon tails to craft them. So far after killing a  lot of catcoons I have gotten no tails, maybe there is another way of getting them. Either that or I am just plain unlucky, or it is bugged.

Maybe they'll vomit it?

• Developer

Looks like the assets aren't being loaded properly. You probably have a bunch of invisible tails in your world. Thanks for the report!

Archived