Juicy Mappy Goodness

Alia

I can't express with words what I'm feeling right now. I'm gonna try anyway... here I go...

WUABRLLPAAAANBRAUWLLLTRIIIIIILEEEROOBAAMMMTRRRPT.

...that's how happy I am at this moment. Thank you Alia for making me happy. I love you (no homo).

Overall it's a huge improvement over what we have now.

My only concern is that it's a little too colorful and makes the in-game "main screen" seem even more washed out than it already is. Not that even that is a big deal - I much prefer being able to differentiate the biomes by color instead of trying to decipher which squiggly bit means "swamp" and which one means "dark greenish piney forest area". ;)

My only concern is that it's a little too colorful and makes the in-game "main screen" seem even more washed out than it already is. Not that even that is a big deal - I much prefer being able to differentiate the biomes by color instead of trying to decipher which squiggly bit means "swamp" and which one means "dark greenish piney forest area". ;)

I agree. Muting the map colors a bit might help it fit in with the rest of Don't Starve's color scheme.

Alia, all you have to do now is to add height to it :D

Jokes aside, would that be "doable", from a technical point? Without taking in account all the game mechanics that would broke, the manpower, time and money it would take or even if it's really worth it.

Is it possible, in the current engine you guys developed, to have the ground tiles variate in height? Only smooth slopes though, no rough falls or anything like that.

Looks good. I just hope it doesn't result in the thing that occasionally happens now where you come across land that switches biomes constantly in very small patches that therefore don't really exhibit their flora and fauna, but just some differently coloured ground.

My actual reaction: THIS. IS. AMAAAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIING!!!

Really. I almost screamed. And it is so early here that, if I did scream, my mother would probably jump out of her room and kick me in the nuts...

Also, beatiful and easy to navigate. Congratulations.

And... Excess' idea is actually really good. I don't know if it is doable, but I can certainly imagine height added to maps, making higher places overlap the lower, and the perspective changes when you rotate the view. Now THAT would be an interesting idea, and would allow for secret goodness. (Would even allow for caves and underground, supposing that when the character enters lower levels, the higher ones would turn invisible, leaving only the entrance/exit viewable. Yes, that would make it almost impossible to map, unless the map itself was divided in layers... oh, God... My brain is bleeding now...

My actual reaction: THIS. IS. AMAAAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIING!!!

Really. I almost screamed. And it is so early here that, if I did scream, my mother would probably jump out of her room and kick me in the nuts...

Also, beatiful and easy to navigate. Congratulations.

And... Excess' idea is actually really good. I don't know if it is doable, but I can certainly imagine height added to maps, making higher places overlap the lower, and the perspective changes when you rotate the view. Now THAT would be an interesting idea, and would allow for secret goodness. (Would even allow for caves and underground, supposing that when the character enters lower levels, the higher ones would turn invisible, leaving only the entrance/exit viewable. Yes, that would make it almost impossible to map, unless the map itself was divided in layers... oh, God... My brain is bleeding now...

U need brainstitches sir!

Also this can be solved by making the passage into the cave load a new map. Inside when u press tab, it only shows the inside of the cave and the exit towards the main map. Diablo style.

Well you do have a point there rojvol. But besides that doesn't the new map look more user-friendly?

- - - Updated - - -

Well you do have a point there rojvol. But besides that doesn't the new map look more user-friendly?