Seriousely, red hounds....

I was just farming a bit and waiting for the night to pass when all of the sudden I hear some hounds, I kill like 5 normal hounds no problem, then a bloody RED HOUND shows up to the party and burns down my whole grass/sapling/berry farms!

My.

Life.

978nbd.png

I was just farming a bit and waiting for the night to pass when all of the sudden I hear some hounds, I kill like 5 normal hounds no problem, then a bloody RED HOUND shows up to the party and burns down my whole grass/sapling/berry farms!

My.

Life.

978nbd.png

Okay. Time to build things far apart so the fire won't spread.

The basic purpose of fire hounds is to discourage placing so many valuable-yet-flammable things so close together. The best you can do if you want to keep a farm like that is to make sure that you kite the fire hound well away from your camp before you kill it.

Well I have a question. I killed a flame hound near a tree....yes and it set the whole dang island on fire. Everything was randomized was literally that close together. So now I have nothing but charcoal on that island. Is it intentional not to have have it grow back? I'm running out of wood....

This is ragequit material right here. Funny thing that. This game actually rewards ragequitting now that i think about it. Just quitting and reloading the game would load u in at dusk, probably b4 ur fire started :p

Oh well 2 late for that now :D

Meh, a true survivor keeps on going.

ehhh man sorry for that, but i think you've learned your lesson :D

Some tips:

1.When you ear Hounds, if you're in your camp just go for an open space and wait for them;

2.Kill the first one;

3.The 2nd will try to eat his brother's meat,kill IT;

4. Repeat step 3;

Good luck :D

I am having some problems with step 1, I can hear the hounds, but how do I ear them?

They make a strange huffing sound that sounds like it's coming from different directions for about a minute before they attack. It doesn't really sound like the sort of noise you'd expect to come from a hound, but it's the only warning you get before they strike. As long as you have the sound on, you should be able to hear them.

*WARNING* Grammar psychos! joking :D

Really you can't hear them? They make a quite disturbing sound, it scared the **** outta me first time i've heard.

Maybe you have the FX low?

Actually I don't play with any in-game sounds on whatsoever, i prefer music..