Seriousely, red hounds....

hmm, i STRONGLY recommend you to at least play with the FX and believe me the game will change for you definitely when you do that, specially if you appreciate the Sound Art in games.

This one in particularly as really well-made and original one!

Thats nothing. I knew the risks of being near my base on hound attack days.

I ran away from a pack of hounds towards the beefalo, thought i killed them all with the beefs help. Run back to base to store my loot and do a victory dance. all of a sudden BEES, BEES everywhere, they kill a stray red hound that had happened towards my base and nommed on them, and ofc my bees are near my twig/hay farms. -_- Lost like 100+ hays and twigs. Now i just Stay the **** away from my base until the next day.

• Like 1

Don't they only catch things on fire when you kill them? Why would you kill him in your camp if you saw he was red? Just kit him until morning, or make a torch and take him into the night.

To be fair, it was nighttime, it looks like. And sometimes you just can't see the darn things' color, especially with the game's color-grading. Could have been a case of thinking it wasn't when it was. Kiting until morning has its own possible issues.. if you have the means to kill.. why not?

Also, sometimes, your only option is to kill in camp, lest you be preyed upon by the darkness. :p Torches don't last long, even

Suddenly, everyone loves Willow. ;)

:willow:

I was just farming a bit and waiting for the night to pass when all of the sudden I hear some hounds, I kill like 5 normal hounds no problem, then a bloody RED HOUND shows up to the party and burns down my whole grass/sapling/berry farms!

My.

Life.

978nbd.png

This picture physically hurts to look at.

I'm truely sorry for you

I've had the "whole base goes foomph!" issue as well.  These days I just make a dedicated fire pit about a screen away, and surround that with tooth traps and nothing else.  When I hear barking I head for there no matter what I might have been doing. 

I have a tendency to quit out when my stuff goes up in flames, so this really was a necessary step for me to get any time at all in a game.