Character Rebalance Discussion thread

I wish the animation in the beginning of update trailer will have allllll characters there.And, of course, the PUZZLE. XDBut if they're going to reveal character's back stories, I only want one.Because I think if will be less-fun, if we know ALL character's back stories at once.

I wish the animation in the beginning of update trailer will have allllll characters there.And, of course, the PUZZLE. XDBut if they're going to reveal character's back stories, I only want one.Because I think if will be less-fun, if we know ALL character's back stories at once.

I would LOVE an animation of all the characters.

I always imagined that WX-78 would have a sort of radar that lets him reveal 50% more map wherever he walks. It's not overpowered but it's still awesome. Ha, I've thought that for such a long time and now I get to post my opinion on the character changes page--- this is too good to be true. :yaypigs:

I'm fine with everyone's changes but Wolfgang's and Wendy's, personally. Wolfgang doesn't seem strong anymore, just annoying to use, while WX gets tons of free perks and permanent upgrades, and Wendy depends entirely on Abigail (which is going to be unreliable at best).

I haven't tried Wolfgang yet. But Abigail during the night is stronger than what we have now (during the day she's weaker than what we have now, a lot weaker).It seems like Wendy's new play-style will change to avoid fighting when Abigail is gone, and hunt when she's around. You would probably want to tank for Abigail as well, as her cooldown is quite long, and you can definitely tank better than her with pig helm + log suit. Torch + Pig Helm + Log Suit comes to mind for easy night hunting.

Will characters in games already in progress get the changes when the balance update rolls out or will we need to start a new game to get the changes?

Currently, you can change the game's character files and those changes will happen mid-game. The only way I see you having to start a new game would be if the starting items (bow, lighter) don't have crafting recipes. Which they probably will have

...The only way I see you having to start a new game would be if the starting items (bow, lighter) don't have crafting recipes. Which they probably will have

I don't think they'll have recipes. Kevin spoke in another thread recently of adding some logic to the game that will check to make sure that each character has their special item (if they don't, it gives it to them), and also to make sure that they can't get ANOTHER character's special item. SO I think the items will be taken care of automatically.

I'm not sure if this is already in the update, since I haven't checked out the beta yet, but PLEASE make it so that when you go to the next level in adventure mode, you get all the character-exclusive equipment. I noticed you had to carry the items Maxwell starts with through every level if you want to keep them, which takes up all the slots.

I'm not sure if this is already in the update, since I haven't checked out the beta yet, but PLEASE make it so that when you go to the next level in adventure mode, you get all the character-exclusive equipment. I noticed you had to carry the items Maxwell starts with through every level if you want to keep them, which takes up all the slots.

They've thought of that. your exclusive item will pop up on the other side of teleportato and isn't necessary that you carry it through with you. also, what brummar7 said is true. The game logic is always checking to see if the right character has the right exclusive item. If a character has the wrong item, it's deleted, if he doesn't have the right item, it is given to you.

HEY, listen, I have got a great idea for Wx78:If you play as him, you can activate the emergency light, a light from your body with a range smaller than the torch. When the emergency light is activated, Wx-78 loses food 3x times faster.

HEY, listen, I have got a great idea for Wx78:If you play as him, you can activate the emergency light, a light from your body with a range smaller than the torch. When the emergency light is activated, Wx-78 loses food 3x times faster.

sounds a bit redundant to his new ability.also, here's a good Kevin post regarding balance Edited by jbeetle

All the new characters items already do that, except for Maxwell's sword and armor, since they have durability and you only get them once upon a new world.Actually, in sandbox mode, Maxwell will get his starting equipment again if you use the teleportato. But that's not the case in adventure mode, since having powerful items like the dark sword and night armor at the start of every chapter would be a little too much, Edited by oCrapaCreeper

These are great character fixes also maybe for wendy if she falls asleep in a tent or a roll up bag maybe say the player can take control of abigail until sunrise or until shes killed by the monsters at night thus wendy waking up from a shriek from her sister like a terrible dreamas for wolfgang maybe things that he carries helps make him stronger like carrying the piggybackpack but he also be the slowest character for doing soas for wx-78 i like his idea of the lighting but what about also if enemies try to attack him they get hit by electrictiy for hitting him also becoming paralyzed but you still get hurt from getting hit 'as for wickerbottom how about a book that when she reads that can puts enemies to sleep with a small chance ratio but it takes awhile to use and also can leave her wide open as for weshis balloon idea is great how about also if the enemy pops the balloon they get damage by it but so will wesand maybe since hes a mime and belives in idea of invisivble objects he can makee box shield to protect his self oncoming enemies for 10 seconds but loses sanity super fast and take time to reuse the boxshield againand wilson i actually think he should have a brush for his beard idea at the start of the game it be unbreakable but he can lose it when he dies like every thing else and also when he brushes his beard it grows fast but it only works when he starts to grow his beard at first also he'll have to wash it so get strings hair out so when try use it and can't he will probably saying something like "if i don't wash this brush it will be stuck on to my face!"williow is pretty great what about since she loves fire she can combine it with certain weapons at random increasing the damage but also the durability would go away quickly maybe also when williow uses a torch say against a tree guard she does more damage to the treeguard with torch then with regular weapon but the torch has has terrible hit ratio

Edited by Toshi

Wolfgang being strong enough to carry things without speed penalties would be pretty cool. I never even use the Piggyback because of the speed penalty, I like your WX idea, Wickerbottom already has a sleeping spell book, Wes's idea is a little much since you have infinite balloons, and it would be interesting if Wes could craft invisible walls out of nothing that only take 1 hit and disappear after a while. Wilson's is too complicated, Willow's fire combining idea sounds awesome but really everyone should be able to set treeguard on fire. Finally, Wendy's idea seems decent enough, if there was a Skip button.

opp! wrong spell, sorry for that. lolI understand your point but if Wilson have more positive, he should be have negative too or it will not balance right? And if he has negative, he would not caracter for beginner anymore.So I think his strong point is no negative, and his weak point is no positive (grown beard is one of positive but it's not help that much like you say).

I am seeing your point, I just wish there was a reason to keep playing him after you unlock more useful characters (not saying wilson is useless, he is not) What I personally think he needs is just another useful ability.

I think that WX-78 should deal shock damage when enemy's attack him only when he's fully charge. And Wickerbottom needs to have better abilitys because right now, she's still too weak and underpowered.

Wickerbottom is no where near UP she can go crazy with those books.