Character Rebalance Discussion thread

It's a "curse", that translates to something that's rather appropriate (and hilarious) for his character. I have screens, but I refuse to post them. It's something that you gotta experience first hand to really get the full joy that comes from this. A very interesting, unique, and welcome addition to the DS family!

aaaah still cant play, I get a black screen when I start a game :/(I can see my HUD but the rest is black, I can move though but it sucks)

Edited by Hsar

right-click on dont starve, go to proparties, go to the beta tab and enter publiecpreview

Thnx a tonEdit: Lamesause, lost all my data, oh well unlocking isnt to hard. Edited by Dreadvg

Thnx a tonEdit: Lamesause, lost all my data, oh well unlocking isnt to hard.

Don't Starve produces a temp save file for when you are in Beta. All of your original saved content is okay. Just opt back out of beta to return to it.

I REALLY like those. They seem like things the charachters would actually say

Yeah, I've tried really hard to stick to the characters personalities, I did write up a whole script for everyone a few versions back to change generic sayings and give repetive things more uniqueness, such as examining crock food, to which Wilson says for every crock food "I cooked it myself!" (even the wet goop, ewwww)I should really update it, but that means seven? separate scripts since klei changed the characters lines to individual files.

Tested Abigail/Wendy, when Abigail's ready the flower will levitate (not ready at the start, about 3 days cooldown I believe).Cannot use murder rabbit in inventory to summon Abigail, so I am assuming it's the same for bees. Wendy's damage is low enough that a single swipe from an axe cannot kill a rabbit, meaning if you don't have spear yet, you will need to chase after the rabbit to sacrifice. However, it doesn't require the player to make the kill; and the distance cannot be further than half a screen away.Still testing out Abigail's combat; so far her stats in broad daylight is really weak, can really serve as an distraction. (She attacks at ~1 attack per second, and kills a rabbit in about 2 second). She's still pretty good at spiders though.Abigail's sanity drains slower at dusk and night, even in complete darkness.Edit: not related to Wendy, but Willow says "I am not afraid of you" when Grue comes, and "Ouch, you jerk!" when she's bitten.Edit 2: Wendy takes 13 hits to kill a level 1 spider den using an axe; so her damage with axe is between 19.2~20.8. 10 hits with spears, 24 hits barehanded. Edit 3:I also killed spiders in 4 hits each with spears, 5 hit each with axe. So 25 damage for spears, 20 damage for axe.Edit 4: Just tried out boomerang on Wendy, cannot kill birds/rabbit in 1 hit. Since rabbits runs away after being attacked, yep, pretty much can't kill rabbits.

Edited by Jac
Wendy's Damage

He's okay.

1. He need to eat on plants to stay in werebeaver form.2. If you die in werebeaver, you revive at the next day, on the exact place: extremely dangerous if you're fighting tentacle, or tallbird, or spiders (?), as they will get the first hit on you)

Wendy less sanity drain is a little overpowered, I play her now and sanity meter is a constant 200 value. Maybe it could be better if it was less sanity drain from night and monsters when Abigail is around, so you have to make decision either keep Abigail around or use her to do killing for you.