Character Rebalance Discussion thread

Do those actually appear in-game? Right now examining a duplicate of your character on the throne just says the generic "He's/She's/It's trapped"

Ahhh, no, I just like writing new lines for characters, so that's my opinion on how they should react to seeing themselves on the throne.

We just finished our internal review of the changes, and it's too late in the day to do our branching. Looks like things went kablooey!Testing will commence tomorrow.Oh, and the new character has a unique audio track. It's called "hoedown".

What no hootnanny I am dissapoint. XD

Wasn't there one character that was suppose to transform if you do something too much

That's the new character. It's likely Woodie, as Kevin referred to part of the audio involving a Hoedown. But it may still be someone else. We won't know until tomorrow. Edited by oCrapaCreeper

You should probably make different versions of the characters for example Wilson is a beginner at surviving at day 1 and as 25 - 50 days go by the character looks more experienced and stronger in certain stats how bout dhat?

This is just an idea but I think Wickerbottom shouldn't have spells maybe just one involving books but that would make her overpowered in my opinion you should probably make a new character for that.

I personally thin that wilson is underpowered, he is a fairly weak character, his beard trait is kinda useful, but to stay warm in winter I can jus make a heat stone and a winter hat, as well as a puffy vest,, as for meat effigies, he is kind of useless here as well because I can simply catch and kill beardlings, so really, no re-balance to wilson?

I personally thin that wilson is underpowered, he is a fairly weak character, his beard trait is kinda useful, but to stay warm in winter I can jus make a heat stone and a winter hat, as well as a puffy vest,, as for meat effigies, he is kind of useless here as well because I can simply catch and kill beardlings, so really, no re-balance to wilson?

He's first character before unlock character. So I think it's ok if he's so simple, average, and no negative for beginner to learn how to servive in this game. And most beginner have tough time for their first winter (for me too) so his bread would help them a lot. Edited by Misaka10777

Mhm, just thought about this: Wilson is a perfect character for beginners but I would like to see him able to really experiment with caught rabbits and birds.He just talk about experimenting all the time, but never do anything like it.

He's first character before unlock character. So I think it's ok if he's so simple, average, and no negative for beginner to learn how to servive in this game. And most beginner have tough time for their first winter (for me too) so his bread would help them a lot.

the beard is quite useless in winter(in my opinion) why you ask? lets just say you died and had a meat effigie or a touchstone, that beard that apparently helps a lot, poof, gone. Im not saying he should, have a downside, im saying he should have one more useful perk besides his beard.

mm.. didn't know wilson could make a tasty bread.

opp! wrong spell, sorry for that. lol

the beard is quite useless in winter(in my opinion) why you ask? lets just say you died and had a meat effigie or a touchstone, that beard that apparently helps a lot, poof, gone. Im not saying he should, have a downside, im saying he should have one more useful perk besides his beard.

I understand your point but if Wilson have more positive, he should be have negative too or it will not balance right? And if he has negative, he would not caracter for beginner anymore.So I think his strong point is no negative, and his weak point is no positive (grown beard is one of positive but it's not help that much like you say). Edited by Misaka10777

I love how the Wolfgang changes are a throwback to the very early Don't Starve concepts! You just couldn't let this idea go could you Klei? :p

EDIT: ...you miss one page... Turns out somebody already figured out the connection well before me ;)

Edited by DaS

Look guys, I know I REALLY shouldn't do this but I know who the new character is, Kevin disclosed it to me in secret and sent me a screen shot.A pic of the character is in the spoiler tag and I'm quiet excited about it; I think I like this character better than Wickerbottom (and that is saying something!)

Are you sure? You can wait till tomorrow

post-6062-1376459587365_thumb.png Are you excited for Wcolin! I am!

Edited by MycoLogical
  • Like 1

Look guys, I know I REALLY shouldn't do this but I know who the new character is, Kevin disclosed it to me in secret and sent me a screen shot.A pic of the character is in the spoiler tag and I'm quiet excited about it; I think I like this character better than Wickerbottom (and that is saying something!)

Are you sure? You can wait till tomorrow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10020[/ATTACH] Are you excited for Colin?! I am!

Obvious fake. Colin doesn't start with a W.

He's first character before unlock character. So I think it's ok if he's so simple, average, and no negative for beginner to learn how to servive in this game. And most beginner have tough time for their first winter (for me too) so his bread would help them a lot.

Kevin mention somewhere in one of the livestreams that there will be a "Mad-tier science machine" I'm thinking everyone gets to use it but Wilson gets more out of it I imagine.