Character Rebalance Discussion thread

Yeah, it's like 8 in the morning here. It won't be morning there for hours, I think.

Texans unite! *Power fist bump*Also, I believe it is about 6:20 AM over in lovely Vancouver. Edited by Toastery

I think that creatures should evolve as you survive more days.And that you can experiment on those creatures to make your very own super species.(And Wolfgang could atleast TRY to have better grammar than the pigs)

Edited by Bilfy

Having read through the new abilities, I think they are quite intriguing. Especially WX and Wickerbottom, it'll breathe a lot of life into them. The only thing is that Wilson has only one thing to set him apart and it's incredibly boring in comparison :p Beard hair is useful, yes, and it is balanced. But growing facial hair can't hold a candle to the ability to calling down lightning storms....

What if the character is Woodie, and if you eat too much meat you turn into Winnie, who cannot eat meat? :3

Nah, but at least it'd be an interesting twist.

I am 80% it's Woodie, Kevin updated us with what he was doing most of the time and he didn't say "I will ask (any of the artists) to draw the new character's portrait" (there is still a chance he did but didn't tell us)

And the only character with an available portrait is Woodie... so yea!

But Kevin would guess someone would think like that so maybe that's why he probably wouldn't tell us...

The only thing is that Wilson has only one thing to set him apart and it's incredibly boring in comparison :p Beard hair is useful, yes, and it is balanced. But growing facial hair can't hold a candle to the ability to calling down lightning storms....

He's a beginner's base character, with normal stats and an "unique" ability. :p

I am 80% it's Woodie...

Ha, I gave Woodie a 80% and Wilton a 20% before I read this.Also to the Wallace people, Kevin said he wishes Wallace was the next character and I don't see how a hoedown can fit with a Scottish character.

A whole list of reactions by all characters for this happening to them!

Wilson: "One questions the possibility of it, the other sees the possibility for twice the science!"Willow: "I've always wanted to see what I look like on fire..."Wendy: "Abigail...?!"Wolfgang: "Ees long lost mighty brother!"WX: "I AM BUT ONE IN A LONG PRODUCTION LINE."Wes: "I can't do that."Wickerbottom: "I... How the... Science... not working..."Maxwell: "You learn not to question these things."
I REALLY like those. They seem like things the charachters would actually say

We just finished our internal review of the changes, and it's too late in the day to do our branching. Looks like things went kablooey!Testing will commence tomorrow.Oh, and the new character has a unique audio track. It's called "hoedown".

Personally, I think it could still be Wortox. For some reason, I get a "devil and the fiddler" vibe from 20th century demons. And come on guys, it's Kevin. You think he's going to give us a dead giveaway until we see for ourselves?

I think it might be Wallace. (Braces self)

It's not Wallace. Someone made the scottish mod and Kevin said "that makes me wish Wallace was the next character."

What if it's a character nobody but the creators know about hmmm?

Kevin already said we've seen him before (in some way, shape, or form)

Personally, I think it could still be Wortox. For some reason, I get a "devil and the fiddler" vibe from 20th century demons. And come on guys, it's Kevin. You think he's going to give us a dead giveaway until we see for ourselves?

...sort of

Look guys, I know I REALLY shouldn't do this but I know who the new character is, Kevin disclosed it to me in secret and sent me a screen shot.A pic of the character is in the spoiler tag and I'm quiet excited about it; I think I like this character better than Wickerbottom (and that is saying something!)

Are you sure? You can wait till tomorrow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10020[/ATTACH] Are you excited for Wcolin! I am!

I want to give you rep, I REALLY do! But the system thinks I need to give it to OTHER people. Stupid system.(On topic: OH THE WAITING!)

It's not Wallace. Someone made the scottish mod and Kevin said "that makes me wish Wallace was the next character."

Kevin already said we've seen him before (in some way, shape, or form)

It may be Wortox.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Wortox another Krampus?

Edited by Bilfy

Having read through the new abilities, I think they are quite intriguing. Especially WX and Wickerbottom, it'll breathe a lot of life into them. The only thing is that Wilson has only one thing to set him apart and it's incredibly boring in comparison :p Beard hair is useful, yes, and it is balanced. But growing facial hair can't hold a candle to the ability to calling down lightning storms....

But Wilson's beard is the most awesome beard of any character in any game I can ever recall playing. The extra warmth in winter and ease of making effigies are just bonues to the awesomeness of the beard!