Scrappy Scavengers now on the Beta branch on Steam.

15 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

So, everyone was so worked up about new chests, but it turned out they cost an Enlightened Shard, so only the most dedicated megabasers would bother crafting them.

Man, klei must be really proud of their moon boss.

People complain about lamps being garbage - klei tell them to grind CC.

People complain about chests bring garbage - klei tell them to grind CC. 

6 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Man, klei must be really proud of their moon boss.

People complain about lamps being garbage - klei tell them to grind CC.

People complain about chests bring garbage - klei tell them to grind CC. 

I'm just worried about how this all converges to discourage the use of the Enlightened Crown, giving even more reasons (as if there weren't enough already) to deconstruct the crown.

4 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

I'm just worried about how this all converges to discourage the use of the Enlightened Crown, giving even more reasons (as if there weren't enough already) to deconstruct the crown.

Don't worry, the crown already discouraged itself by being a worse miner hat. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

The crown is still great on its own but you only need one per player so this issue isn’t a big concern to me if anything it gives more uses to the crown making more reason to get it for the shards

• Like 6

I dont know how to feel about being able to munch food from the bearger bin in the middle of a combat. I enjoyed the "unintended" downside of dropping it. Now we have 6 potential healing,  buffs, sanity, etc in hand which, for specially warly, is really strong since i won't need to manage what i take out of the bin to fight a boss

• Like 7

can we have scrappy warepig drop 1 or 2 warbis repair kit? so we dont need to wait post rift to use w.o.b.o.t?
pls ....
and can we get new w.o.b.o.t after killing it post rift ? pretty pleaseeeeeee.... give me more reason to fight this bossss....

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

what would you even NEED to Zoom Further out for?

honestly I use aerial view a lot to see where deerclops spawned, specially when I'm using the hostile flare. sometimes he spawns so far away from me idk why

• Like 3

Thank you for improving farming celestial champion. But now I need to play one mini game and sit rest of following days in one place waiting for glems to spawn. Can we get alternative way, or faster spawning rate of glems? I now need to farm celestial for new chests and light in the base, but also i need those palmcone trees you made so rare and locked behind gleems... This is just sit in one place and wait for them to spawn... Thank you Klei 

• Like 2

I love the changes to CC, but I don't think it's quite there yet. As some people have said, catching the gleams is still extremely slow and boring, even with more players around. And with how we can use them to farm the monkey portal, they really need to become more common, and maybe even make the 15 required to 10 for CC. And we're not even taking about what I think the true problem with them is: we need to catch them, and they spoil, so mass catching them is not a viable option, bc they'll die if not bundled, and we'll have to waste time and resources all again when we unbundle them

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

That is so underwhelming... it should be as good as the zoom+ mod, if not then better.

It also needs bonus upsides, like maybe being able to highlight hostile, passive and neutral mobs.

3 trillion things. Sailing, and scouting the world.

It is a major thing. You can  plan ahead.

Ooh, what if it also increased map reveal range? I know that sounds a little useless, but it'd be handy if you got it before going down into the caves or go sailing.

• Like 2

Does anyone have an image of the tall chest with the Calico Chester skin? I’ve seen all the new tall chest looks except for that one, I’d test it myself but don’t have access to my PC for a few weeks

Willow buffs are phenomenal, with some bugs(?) here and there.

Shadow Fire seeks out birds and rabbits instead of hostile targets, alongside nightmare creatures of her and other players.

Everything else is phenomenal.

The zoom out helmet is very, very, underwhelming.

It's a helmet with no stats attached to it other than very slightly increasing view distance.

Maybe give the helmet a stat like, maybe movement speed? Or if you wanna make it special, it could increase the attack range of the player wearing it by a %.

Overall, pretty cool update.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pe Dabliu said:

I love the changes to CC, but I don't think it's quite there yet. As some people have said, catching the gleams is still extremely slow and boring, even with more players around. And with how we can use them to farm the monkey portal, they really need to become more common, and maybe even make the 15 required to 10 for CC. And we're not even taking about what I think the true problem with them is: we need to catch them, and they spoil, so mass catching them is not a viable option, bc they'll die if not bundled, and we'll have to waste time and resources all again when we unbundle them

I agree. When i start the new world i do few celestial and rest I spend on farming palmcones. Now with new chests, I need to do more celestials. Perfect, less of those minigames, but now I find myself spending so much time standing in middle of nowhere, just waiting for gleems to spawn for 3 celestials (45x) and then i want palmcones as well since moonstorms are active... so more time just standing in middle of nowhere to get few palmcones. Either make palmcones much easier to obtain or pump up spawning rate of gleems. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Does anyone have an image of the tall chest with the Calico Chester skin? I’ve seen all the new tall chest looks except for that one, I’d test it myself but don’t have access to my PC for a few weeks

From this thread:

19 hours ago, Hupo said:

3d56d2920f7ef26ff7676ec82f9ae4e6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Ooh, what if it also increased map reveal range? I know that sounds a little useless, but it'd be handy if you got it before going down into the caves or go sailing.

it doesnt do that already? thats embarassing

On 3/8/2024 at 1:38 AM, Jason said:

• Jumping on and off of boats will now have a small delay to allow for better handling. This will not affect boat to boat hopping for boat bridges.

Can you elaborate what is the point of this change? I don't get it, all you did is made jumping on boats take an extra second for absolutely no reason. It's very annoying and I hate it. 

27 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Can you elaborate what is the point of this change? I don't get it, all you did is made jumping on boats take an extra second for absolutely no reason. It's very annoying and I hate it. 

it's to avoid cases like when you're sailing near a land mass and when approaching the edge of your boat that's close to the shore due to certain reasons, you accidentally jump off the boat. In cases like this, your boat is either moving too fast, already went past the land, and/or your jump was quite long because of your movement speed so you can't catch up to it again

By providing a delay, you'll have to actually commit to jumping off the boat to land. Boat to boat jumps are still the same tho

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 5

First of all, kudos for this Beta. For me it has been one of the most fun times I had in the game since 2022. It was worth all the wait, can't wait to see what its still in store for the remaining of the beta and the future.

As always i will focus my feedback in things that I think could still be revisited in my opinion ofc. :D

On 3/7/2024 at 10:38 PM, Jason said:

The time to accumulate points for skill trees has been reduced.

This is good overall, but i would still love for the character perks to be tied to the World and not to be permenent. There would be better variety early and late game, more meaningfull decisions and overall more replay ability, specially for endgame worlds where switching characters becames essential for efficiency. We would still need to atleast survive a year with a character before using their "full power".

Having the Lunar Guardian I skill will buff Wormwoods equipped Bramble Husks with some Planar Defence and Damage.

The 5 Planar damage is fine, but i think bramble husk should have 10 planar defense instead of 5. Bramble Husk has substencially less durability than Brightshade armor, requires re-craft instead of the easy repair kit option of the Brightshade. That + the Root perk still make Brightshade Armor a valuable option for those who would prefer it over the Bramble Husk. I understand why you might have gave it 5 to still have Brightshade Armor as an option, but i think both staying at 10 still make both viable as brighshade still has more defensive value than the husk as per the information i provided above.

Photosynthesis health rate increased.

I would have rather give buffs to abilities that make WormWood palystyle different than trying to counter one of his downsides. I would rather not have this and have the Bloom Bonus that was removed this patch. WormWood is a character with a lot of downsides, and a lot of counters to his upsides and that is totally fine and part of why i love the character so much, but i would say most of us Wormwood players want is the Upsides to actually get better and being worthy all the counters and downsides we have. We were fine without passive health re-gen :) 

Full Bloom skill changed from longer bloom time to +30% bloom increase when fertilizing Wormwood.

I think it was a mistake removing the previous perk instead of just simply adding this to it. Wormwood already has a huge downside from being in blooming, his hunger drain that is really substencial. The upside is speed boost. (wx has it without maintanance). I don't think we should require so much micro-management just to keep blooming and the 30% will help with that, but removing the previous perk made this 30% feel worse than the Double Blooming timing we had by simply drop one stage and re-fertilize again. And lets not forget we already have a 50% penalty during Winter :)

• Wagstaff will find the Restrained Static Experiment faster after the Celestial Champion has been defeated at least once in the world.
  • Lunar Siphonator construction requires fewer Restrained Statics and now needs some Scrap.

Let me first say that this is better than what it was in the past but... there is always a but right ? :D We can now get stactics very fast but still takes pretty much the same waiting time to collect all the gleams & Shards if you wanna do multiple times CC. My susggestions would be 2 different approaches

1) Either Increase how fast Gleams & Moon Shards spawn during moonstorms
OR
2) Remove Moon Shards from the crafting stations and make the structure be (1 stactic + 4 Scrap + 5 gleams) -> (1Stactic + 2 scrap + 5 Gleams) -> (1 stactic + 2 scrap + Orb)

I'm sure Moonshards will have more use in the futures, and already have another use (bombs). The option 2 will also be thematically good. And with the nerf of timer on the Satics i think 3 statics again wouldn't be that bad anymore.

Logs may be refined as stacks using the Sawhorse.

This is absolutely fantastic. Any Chance we have it work for stones to Cutstone too ? :D 

Added Embalming Spritz, an item that can be used on plants to remove all life from them, making them unproductive, fireproof and not targetable by Deadly Brightshade infestations, essentially decorative.

This was by far one of the coolest things you could have introduced to us late game builders. Really big kudos, not only it fixed problems that were created last year, but gave us even more creative options. Really well done. Can we in any way expand it for a few more things?
- Water Logged trees (every stage, except the giant ofc since its already permenent)
- Cactus ( Would love to use it on the Flower Summer variant)
- Moon Dial (i know this sounds odd, but i stopped using them for decor the moment they infest the world with moonglass after killing 3 CC's per spring every year. Also would give us the opportunity to have different visuals of the moon always present, includding the fullmoon option and the frozen one during CC) :)

Best Regards,

Glermz

ps. I will not complain, but i do think the Bearber Bin downside of dropping to the ground was a good balance for how good and game changing this item was :) I understand from a feel prespective, specially the tackle box, but we can in theory have the bin open constantly which just means 6 extra slots of varity of food buffs. The bin dropping, specially during combat actually made for some decisions and tactical gameplay if you forgot to remove stuff prio to combat, or you just ran out of it.

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, arubaro said:

I dont know how to feel about being able to munch food from the bearger bin in the middle of a combat. I enjoyed the "unintended" downside of dropping it. Now we have 6 potential healing,  buffs, sanity, etc in hand which, for specially warly, is really strong since i won't need to manage what i take out of the bin to fight a boss

Honestly I'm conflicted on this I agree it was a lot cooler that way but I also understand it comes so late into the game that most people wouldn't appreciate how unique the concept was. Kinda makes me wonder how things would have turned out if we originally had to store all crock dishes in special containers that we had to set down and use mid combat. Of course that would have required a different level of balancing than we currently have but still a interesting thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mykenception said:

it's to avoid cases like when you're sailing near a land mass and when approaching the edge of your boat that's close to the shore due to certain reasons, you accidentally jump off the boat. In cases like this, your boat is either moving too fast, already went past the land, and/or your jump was quite long because of your movement speed so you can't catch up to it again

By providing a delay, you'll have to actually commit to jumping off the boat to land. Boat to boat jumps are still the same tho

this literally never happened to anyone

Not too happy with the Wormwood buffs, but they are fairly minor so whatever. Unless the craftable plants are being moved from his skillset to a new crafting station please don't touch him anymore. I feel he is too strong as is. Just a personal request.

1 hour ago, mykenception said:

Qol for dummies who can't control their own movement eh. Wish klei would stop doing these.