Scrappy Scavengers now on the Beta branch on Steam.

I have a sugestion/request for the ''Embalming Spitz''

-Could it work on mushroom planters to prevent the mushroom inside of them to turn into rot in winter? (purely decorational purposes)
-Could it work on Totally Normal Tree variants? I know you can only plant them via Hallowed Nights, but it be a really cool and cute addition to base decor to have permanent baby totally normal trees all around!

-Could it work on the Kobbly trees? The "jammed" version too it would be so great.

Totally_Normal_Sapling.webp.3ad87b3b0a11622faf3a8b4d1f1ffd6d.webp

Knobbly_Tree_Gooped.webp.f1e2ae3bf74df7efd2d2615a53f6b02e.webp

Edited by Warlockadamm
added knobbly trees
  • Like 34
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, Warlockadamm said:

-Could it work on Totally Normal Tree variants? I know you can only plant them via Hallowed Nights, but it be a really cool and cute addition to base decor to have permanent baby totally normal trees all around!

Yeah I think this is an oversight, you can wax normal tree saplings/stages but it doesn't work for totally normal ones, and it should!

• Like 5

Overall very good changes and additions but i dont get the scrappy werepig loot... it is suppose to be a solution to sea exploration? Because is pretty underwhelming and niche.

That ammount of zoom out should be by default while sailing but instead we would need another item to, already bloated, ammount of items for a safe and confy sailing experience (armor, bandanas, polly roger hat, clothing before we get thermal fish, etc etc)

• Like 1

since we are at the topic of the sawhorse ... could you PLEASE  purchase it with pearl after her chair quest has been completed?? 

idk 1 or 2 bottles in exchange for the blueprint , cuase it's not very practival to have 1 blueprint per world

• Like 20
  • Sanity 1

19 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

Farming gleams for palmcone trees for decorating is extremely painful. It would be nice if we could dupe the palmcone seeds like birchnuts.

Plus we need a barrel for storage made of their scales similar to the hamlet ones so they dont take that much space on boats and in land we will finally have something else for stage than chests and scale chests

I hope the scrap fences will be craftable. A fence gate to go with them would be amazing.

Spoiler

Scrap turf would be really epic too :p

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

@chirsg

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

24 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

@chirsg 

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

The shell changes seem modest still. It's too early to see if the production will meet my demand, but I'll have to thank the development team for listening. 

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Is the scrappy werepig fight unfinished? I tried the pre-Celestial champion version and only used 2 weapons (iirc in the stream mentioned 3+ the laser one after cc) so the fight felt pretty bland and boring since is just seeing him repeating the same 2 atacks over and over

I hope they add few atacks more per weapon to make him less repetitive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  • The time to accumulate points for skill trees has been reduced.
  •  Photosynthesis health rate increased.

Thank You =D

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Moonstorms

• Wagstaff will find the Restrained Static Experiment faster after the Celestial Champion has been defeated at least once in the world.
  • Lunar Siphonator construction requires fewer Restrained Statics and now needs some Scrap.

YEEEESSS, thank you so much for hear us=D

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Shadow Rifts

• Miasma will now spread quicker to have a more imposing presence.
  • Acid Repellent has been added to provide Acid Rain immunity for its effective duration.
  • Rifts are visible on the map even through the fog of view.
  • Added world setting to disable Acid Rain.
  • Acid Rain will no longer happen in the Lunar Grotto nor the Archives.
  • Acid Bats are very Nitre hungry and will start seeking out Nitre hoarders.
  • Added Embalming Spritz, an item that can be used on plants to remove all life from them, making them unproductive, fireproof and not targetable by Deadly Brightshade infestations, essentially decorative.

Lunar Rifts

• Rifts are visible on the map even through the fog of view.
  • Added world setting to adjust lunar hail frequency.

Performance

• Performance increases for bases with many items collected in a small area.
  • Rot will now dissolve in the rain while on the ground.
  • An upgrade item for chests has been added to let stack sizes inside of the chest get infinitely large using late game materials.

Perfection

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sawhorse

• Logs may be refined as stacks using the Sawhorse.

Pleaaase add all Refine Tab items.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Junk Yard

• New location added to the world that has searchable junk piles.
  • Added W.O.B.O.T, a curious robot that can be found in Junkyard.
  • Reappearance of the Werepig.

I don't know what is coming, but I don't like to have different versions of the same boss. And please allow us to have more W.O.B.O.Ts.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Miscellaneous

• Containers that can go into the player’s inventory and backpack may now be opened from there directly without having the item drop to the ground.

Perfection.

Great update Klei, a lot of good stuff. I would suggest a revisit to the infinity chest skins, maybe a aura around the chest instead of a taller chest and an Infinity Scaled Chest too. And please allow us to use Embalming Spritz in giant crops.

• Like 3

For those that run into the issue of the junk yard spawning incomplete like in image shown below.

require("debugcommands");d_spawnlayout("junk_yard")

Use that command and point your mouse where you want the junkyard.

You need to save and do c_rollback(0) in order for the fences to load properly in. the command just reloads the server from the point you used the command

This ^ was changed the setpiece spawns only on world gen with fences. Spawning it again and doing reset won't spawn them again. Wagstaff will have to rebuilt them.

Update: there is chance he won't respawn after first fight so use this to fix it

c_find("junk_pile_big").daywalker_side = nil

firefox_RghvS9Hl5r.png.ce0c87d37d10300fa912c0e1690f3ec2.png

Edited by Cliffford W.
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

I don't know what is coming, but I don't like to have different versions of the same boss.

They mentioned in the stream last week that the Nightmare Werepig has kind of an ongoing story, so you'll probably see still another version of him yet.

• Like 4

With the option to control acid rain & lunar hail frequency is there any chance we can get the same for Snow?
Right now by default the only way to prevent it and snow piling on the floor during winter is to disable rain in the settings before the season starts.

• Like 1