Scrappy Scavengers now on the Beta branch on Steam.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

this literally never happened to anyone

it has happened to me and many of my friends. Is why this is the first thing that comes to my mind when I saw the changes

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

Qol for dummies who can't control their own movement eh. Wish klei would stop doing these. 

I do not see how such a minor change would be detrimental to the game

lag and latency is a very common occurance in a multiplayer setting

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mykenception said:

I do not see how such a minor change would be detrimental to the game

lag and latency is a very common occurance in a multiplayer setting

I mean, it's not like boats are litteraly unplayable now, but it is frustrating to have lag for no reason. Only 1 time have I ever accidentally jumped off of a boat and got stuck on a mini lunar island. My thought was "wow, I'm a dummy. I should be careful next time", and not "omg walking is so hard klei please add massive lag". 

I don't like lag. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I mean, it's not like boats are litteraly unplayable now, but it is frustrating to have lag for no reason. Only 1 time have I ever accidentally jumped off of a boat and got stuck on a mini lunar island. My thought was "wow, I'm a dummy. I should be careful next time", and not "omg walking is so hard klei please add massive lag". 

I don't like lag. 

it's only a small delay to prevent small accidents (imo, like accidentally jumping to a boat full peal's trash or lureplants and you immediately drown)

the community is vast, if you want your game to be super fast with no delays, I think there will be a mod out there

Just now, mykenception said:

it's only a small delay to prevent small accidents (imo, like accidentally jumping to a boat full peal's trash or lureplants and you immediately drown)

the community is vast, if you want your game to be super fast with no delays, I think there will be a mod out there

This ridiculous delay should have been a mod. Mine the trash and don't plant lureplants on the edge it's that simple. This is no reason to make the game feel laggy as I run in one place stuck instead of just jumping. Even if it's for a second it's still obnoxious because I never asked for this nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

It's an infuriatingly common mistake when playing the game with a controller.

Don't play dst on console. 

Actually, this can easily be solved by being a settings option instead. I really don't want this lag. 

2 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

This ridiculous delay should have been a mod. Mine the trash and don't plant lureplants on the edge it's that simple. This is no reason to make the game feel laggy as I run in one place stuck instead of just jumping. Even if it's for a second it's still obnoxious because I never asked for this nonsense. 

This change is largely meant for console players, who can't use mods.

2 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

idk, you're free to say your piece as feedback

but some players are happy for the leeway

up to Klei if they wanna keep it or not. But since they introduced it in the first place I think they have a reason why they added it

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:38 PM, Jason said:

Things in the update:

• Added Embalming Spritz, an item that can be used on plants to remove all life from them, making them unproductive, fireproof and not targetable by Deadly Brightshade infestations, essentially decorative.

I would like this item to be able to be used in Crock Pots for decorative purposes in the game's recipes (no longer being able to eat the recipe made). This way we could create an area with all the game's recipes for this purpose. It could also be used for Drying Rack with the same purpose.

Captura de tela 2024-03-09 072418.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Well-met said:

this literally never happened to anyone

Because you say

14 hours ago, Pe Dabliu said:

I love the changes to CC, but I don't think it's quite there yet. As some people have said, catching the gleams is still extremely slow and boring, even with more players around. And with how we can use them to farm the monkey portal, they really need to become more common, and maybe even make the 15 required to 10 for CC. And we're not even taking about what I think the true problem with them is: we need to catch them, and they spoil, so mass catching them is not a viable option, bc they'll die if not bundled, and we'll have to waste time and resources all again when we unbundle them

They last like 150 days...you can totally mass catch them or even let them in a bearger backpack go do other staff and use them when you remember you have them

They spoil fast when they are free tho

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

This is good overall, but i would still love for the character perks to be tied to the World and not to be permenent. There would be better variety early and late game, more meaningfull decisions and overall more replay ability, specially for endgame worlds where switching characters becames essential for efficiency. We would still need to atleast survive a year with a character before using their "full power".

I just think there should be a reset insight button because while I feel mostly the same way about skill trees in my world I don’t wanna punish new players who die when winter starts with none of the points they earned 

Either that or a “unique insights” world option which allows unique skill trees and insight points for that world but that might be too complicated code wise idk I’m not a coder

31 minutes ago, GodIess said:

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't like these options. And the Klei will make them a little better

3d56d2920f7ef26ff7676ec82f9ae4e6.jpg.621ea152d62f579fb29873436bd1408a.jpg

what's wrong with the upgraded red cotl chest?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

I would like this item to be able to be used in Crock Pots for decorative purposes in the game's recipes (no longer being able to eat the recipe made). This way we could create an area with all the game's recipes for this purpose. It could also be used for Drying Rack with the same purpose.

Captura de tela 2024-03-09 072418.png

Wouldn’t this make the game much more confusing than it needs to be for players? I mean sure it might be a great thing for “Megabasers” but I feel like there’s a massive disconnect there, as long as “Beginner Players” can join worlds with “Mastery Rank 10 Players” then I really REALLY don’t think those new players need to see food in a crockpot they can’t touch or otherwise interact with.

Lets not get “Too Crazy” with these purely decorative sprays please, it will make for a very confusing experience for anyone unfamiliar with them.

• Wavey 2
  • Spooky 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wouldn’t this make the game much more confusing than it needs to be for players? I mean sure it might be a great thing for “Megabasers” but I feel like there’s a massive disconnect there, as long as “Beginner Players” can join worlds with “Mastery Rank 10 Players” then I really REALLY don’t think those new players need to see food in a crockpot they can’t touch or otherwise interact with.

Lets not get “Too Crazy” with these purely decorative sprays please, it will make for a very confusing experience for anyone unfamiliar with them.

Ingame chat exists to ask why something "is not working as one can expect"

• Like 3

On 3/7/2024 at 11:38 PM, Jason said:

Skill trees

• Wormwood:
    • Having the Lunar Guardian I skill will buff Wormwoods equipped Bramble Husks with some Planar Defence and Damage.
    • Summoning 2 Saladmanders will give them a health boost.
    • Summoning more Lightbugs increases each bug’s light radius.
    • Photosynthesis health rate increased.
    • Full Bloom skill changed from longer bloom time to +30% bloom increase when fertilizing Wormwood.

Wormwood main here! Now that we know what changes are, here's what I think. I posted this once in another thread but I figured the main topic is a better place for a summary:

• Moon shroom changes are welcome! (even if not needed)
  • Husk changes are interesting but it's really weird that we encourage cheap early game armor to be used in late game. Wouldn't it make more sense to just give Brightshade Armor the bramble husk armor effect instead?
  • Fertilizer boost is great BUT I must say I feel slightly annoyed about removal of max bloom boost. It was a nice QoL buff that let you use growth formula less often if you had bulk of them available. I feel like it could stay along with fertilizer boost or be simply put into his base kit instead of being removed completely.
  • Photosynthesis wont be beyond useless anymore even though we all know we could've just brought back nerfed petal production ;)
  • Saladmander changes are, imo, a miss. The health of them is not a problem, although I welcome extra tankiness. The biggest problem of Saladmanders is how slow they are. They are just always offscreen because wormwood is such a fast moving character, and waiting for them to catch up before starting a fight is tedious and annoying. I think they need a movement speed boost when they are out of combat or at least when they are simply too far away from you.
  • Lightbug changes I am not quite sure if achieve anything. I still think that using 20 health for a small light will be worth more than expending 60 whole hp for a bigger light. It's just so expensive to summon all 6 of them. Maybe let us summon 2 of them at once with 1 recipe? That would make them cheaper and less of a nightmare to summon.

But honestly, I think the things that weren't untouched are bigger problem than the things that actually were touched up:

• Berry bush crafting is a thing that infuriates me the most about Wormwood skill tree. If your world gen decided that you receive regular berry bush world and not juicy berry bush world (which is btw the world that most players default to via settings because Juicy Berries are annoying) then this skill literally cannot be used at all. In that scenario, in order to use this skill you also need to unlock Juicy Berry Bush first. The fact that prerequisite perk is placed AFTER and not BEFORE a skill perk that needs it to be even used at all does not make any sense.
    • Suggestion: Either change the crafting recipes, or, much more interesting idea, is to merge Juicy Berry Bush and Berry Bush craftings into one skill perk, both are berry bushes after all. It would free a slot for another perk idea, like another plant crafting or maybe a perk that reduces health cost of your craftings by ~5. Or a perk that sometimes gives you additional drop from plants if you have their respective crafting skill unlocked. But anything could be given here.
  • Bee kind just doesn't do anything. Pacifying bees and butterflies isn't useful unless you are a new player (who doesn't even have access to wormwood anyway), and ability to pick up honey without aggrevating bees can be substituted by simply placing bee boxes 2 tiles away from each other. It needs something extra imo.
    • Suggestion: It could give bee damage resistance to help against Bee Queen, or maybe let it allow Wormwood to pick up bees and butterflies without a net to conveniently speed up early game.
  • Crafting lunar sapling isn't worth much. Saplings are easily accessible with a shovel so instead of 5 sticks and 5 health for 1 plant you can use 2 sticks 1 flint for 10 plants.... 
    • Suggestion: Maybe if it allowed us to craft all kinds of sapling it would be better, so we could convert normal saplings into the limited spiky bushes which would synergize with Wormwood's husk and provide sticks during winter. It is the first upgrade Wormwood gets so I don't expect it to be godlike useful, but it still shouldn't be just a useless filler perk.
  • Shade Plant isn't worth much because it only helps during Summer and most people use thermal stone or stay in caves during summer.
    • Suggestion: Maybe if it also helped in other seasons it would be more viable, it could provide a little extra rain resistance or insulation.

That said, I am still really happy to see Wormwoods perks getting rebalanced. Knowing that characters that already received skills aren't destined to be forgotten by devs is such a nice change of pace after playing so many other video games.

Wormwood is so close to having very balanced and fun skill tree, and I feel that with a little more attention he could be so much more versatile and fun to play :D

Edited by TTraw
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

1. Well, Mastery rank 10 players dont have worlds opened to public. 
  2. If they do, im sure they can use communication in chat to ask what is all of this. if new player joins level 10 master megabaser, im sure infinite food on crockpot will be least of his worries what is it
  3. New players to get to this point of the game, need to play a lot of this game. This new feature is locked in late game after defeating FW. 
  4. Its only decoration. Klei should have expected if they give us this lock state feature, we will want it for almost everything. I even want it for lureplants, those have nice skin Id to use without eyes popping around. 
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mykenception said:

idk, you're free to say your piece as feedback

but some players are happy for the leeway

up to Klei if they wanna keep it or not. But since they introduced it in the first place I think they have a reason why they added it

its responsible for a new problem where players drown for touching the edge of their boat now.

So yes, there are always drawbacks to any feature, even when it seems harmless

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Well-met said:

its responsible for a new problem where players drown for touching the edge of their boat now.

So yes, there are always drawbacks to any feature, even when it seems harmless

Sometimes while trying to walk around on the deck of a boat and get close enough to the edge of the boat for the “Row” prompt to pop up my little character will instead jump off the boat onto the nearest patch of land, rather or not if the boat is still moving. And in this scenario you have to react fast enough to jump back onto the boat before it drifts out of range.

It is annoying to watch your boat just float off by itself out of range for you to hop back on so you instead have to build grass rafts in an attempt to get back to the other boat.

It makes boating and ocean content that much less enjoyable..

I’m hoping this “delay” is aiming to fix that, but.. I’m kinda concerned it’ll cause more harm then it will good because if there’s a “delay” in jumping back onto the boat, that just means I’ll have even less time to react and jump back on should my character decide to randomly hop off onto nearest land again.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Wavey 1

9 hours ago, GodIess said:

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't like these options. And the Klei will make them a little better

3d56d2920f7ef26ff7676ec82f9ae4e6.jpg.621ea152d62f579fb29873436bd1408a.jpg

I personally like the treasured ,king's, and flock's chests, although I am pretty disappointed with the lamb's reward chest...

If I had to make a tier list on the new chest skins, it would go as follows:

S Tier:

Treasured Chest, Crimson Chest, Brute Chest, Ancient King's Chest, Flock's Chest

A Tier:

Calico Chester Chest, Corrupted Chest, Carpet Bag Chest, Pastoral Chest, Default Chest, Traveler's Trunk Chest

B Tier:

Celebratory Cake Chest, Archaic Chest, Train Case Chest,  Lovely Chest

C Tier:

Steamer Trunk Chest

D Tier:

The Lamb's Reward Chest (Sadly, this one is my favorite of the normal chests)

Gingerbread Chest: Unknown

Just so I don't anger as many people by saying the Lamb's Reward Chest is "bad" I don't think it's bad, but I think that it could be improved upon. Currently, the Lamb's reward expanded chest looks kind of goofy... I like the addition of more spikes, but at the same time, I think that maybe the top spikes could be longer and more threatening, also the eye could be a bit larger. I also think that the lid could be slightly taller. I REALLY love the new chests for the most part!

Edit: also, maybe we could have the bottom spikes curve down instead of up?

Edit 2: I feel like I came across as too harsh... As a game artists in training, myself, I know that it takes a lot of work to get these things up and running... To those who I rated the lower tier chests, PLEASE keep in mind that IT'S MY OPINION, NOT HARD FACT! Also, D tier does not mean "bad", that I only reserve for F tier. There chest skins are AMAZING!

Edited by CyberSkink
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

IMG_2497.jpeg

Gingerbread chest is great!

I totally respect Klei's artists but I think some of the new chest skins could be better.

Edited by Hupo
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, CyberSkink said:

I personally like the treasured ,king's, and flock's chests, although I am pretty disappointed with the lamb's reward chest...

If I had to make a tier list on the new chest skins, it would go as follows:

S Tier:

Treasured Chest, Crimson Chest, Brute Chest, Ancient King's Chest, Flock's Chest

A Tier:

Calico Chester Chest, Corrupted Chest, Carpet Bag Chest, Pastoral Chest, Default Chest, Traveler's Trunk Chest

B Tier:

Celebratory Cake Chest, Archaic Chest, Train Case Chest,  Lovely Chest

C Tier:

Steamer Trunk Chest

D Tier:

The Lamb's Reward Chest (Sadly, this one is my favorite of the normal chests)

Just so I don't anger as many people by saying the Lamb's Reward Chest is "bad" I don't think it's bad, but I think that it could be improved upon. Currently, the Lamb's reward expanded chest looks kind of goofy... I like the addition of more spikes, but at the same time, I think that maybe the top spikes could be longer and more threatening, also the eye could be a bit larger. I also think that the lid could be slightly taller. I REALLY love the new chests for the most part!

Edit: also, maybe we could have the bottom spikes curve down instead of up?

Here is a POORLY photoshopped version of what I would like (Personally). LOL.

image.png

1 hour ago, Hupo said:

IMG_2497.jpeg

Gingerbread chest is great!

I totally respect Klei's artists but I think some of the new chest skins could be better.

Gingerbread chest is S tier then!

Edited by CyberSkink
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 10:44 PM, GLERMZ said:

This is good overall, but i would still love for the character perks to be tied to the World and not to be permenent. There would be better variety early and late game, more meaningfull decisions and overall more replay ability, specially for endgame worlds where switching characters becames essential for efficiency. We would still need to atleast survive a year with a character before using their "full power".

On 3/7/2024 at 7:38 PM, Jason said:

I'd only want that if skill trees got changed and the method of gaining insight wasn't just waiting around.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:44 PM, GLERMZ said:

ps. I will not complain, but i do think the Bearber Bin downside of dropping to the ground was a good balance for how good and game changing this item was :) I understand from a feel prespective, specially the tackle box, but we can in theory have the bin open constantly which just means 6 extra slots of varity of food buffs. The bin dropping, specially during combat actually made for some decisions and tactical gameplay if you forgot to remove stuff prio to combat, or you just ran out of it.

Pardon?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:44 AM, GLERMZ said:
On 3/7/2024 at 11:38 PM, Jason said:

Photosynthesis health rate increased.

I would have rather give buffs to abilities that make WormWood palystyle different than trying to counter one of his downsides. I would rather not have this and have the Bloom Bonus that was removed this patch. WormWood is a character with a lot of downsides, and a lot of counters to his upsides and that is totally fine and part of why i love the character so much, but i would say most of us Wormwood players want is the Upsides to actually get better and being worthy all the counters and downsides we have. We were fine without passive health re-gen :) 

Who is we? I didn't know you represented the entire Wormwood Corps™.  :)

Also, for anyone saying the skill trees should reset per world, you forget that some Woodie and Willow players don't want to have to work to have actual quality of life changes and much needed buffs.

Ah yes, let me play a new world where Woodie is going to be poop for 2 hours until I max out my skill tree.

Good job, you guys are geniuses. The skill trees are fine. They are not OP. Relax.

• Like 3