Scrappy Scavengers now on the Beta branch on Steam.

It's nice to see little details like this in the world. Which not only make a ref to a short film, but also create the feeling that the world lives without the player

20240308113431_1.jpg.9aaa139fa9422af04e3e1cee533656c7.jpg

Edited by Deerclops Mika
  • Like 28
  • Sad 6
  • Health 3
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

It's nice to see little details like this in the world. Which not only make a ref for a short film, but also create the feeling that the world lives without the player

I agree with you 100%

• Like 6
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, Roodmas said:

What do these two items do, and how do you get them?

1st is a hat that increases zoom out range that cyber werepig drops, 2nd protects from acid rain and makes slurtles and snurtles neutral and you make it using healing salve, marble, nitre and slurtle slime 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

What do these two items do, and how do you get them?

Spoiler

The first one is the mind expander, or whatever it's called (can't quite remember), which lets you zoom out your view a little bit more, and you get it from killing the new Werepig boss. The other one I don't know. I'm guessing it's the new recipe that uses lunar shrooms though.

Edited by lovegroove

8 minutes ago, grm9 said:

1st is a hat that increases zoom out range that cyber werepig drops, 2nd protects from acid rain and makes slurtles and snurtles neutral and you make it using healing salve, marble, nitre and slurtle slime 

6 minutes ago, lovegroove said:
  Hide contents

The first one is the mind expander, or whatever it's called (can't quite remember), which lets you zoom out your view a little bit more, and you get it from killing the new Werepig boss. The other one I don't know. I'm guessing it's the new recipe that uses lunar shrooms though.

Aaah I see, thank you!

• Like 4

Klei I know not many people are gonna talk about this feature but as a console player, THANK YOU FOR THE HORIZON EXPANDINATOR AND PLEASE KEEP ADAPTING VANILLA PLUS MODS INTO IN-GAME FEATURES

I’d love love love to see geometric placement adapted in a similar vein. I’d so speedrun a boss to get that item!

Edited by NotGabriel
  • Like 11
  • GL Happy 1

48 minutes ago, NotGabriel said:

Klei I know not many people are gonna talk about this feature but as a console player, THANK YOU FOR THE HORIZON EXPANDINATOR AND PLEASE KEEP ADAPTING VANILLA PLUS MODS INTO IN-GAME FEATURES

I’d love love love to see geometric placement adapted in a similar vein. I’d so speedrun a boss to get that item!

This item is still not good. The zoom can be improved a lot. Now is the time to give feedback to Klei.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

This item is still not good. The zoom can be improved a lot. Now is the time to give feedback to Klei.

I think the only feedback Klei needs to be taking on an item that’s only purpose is to zoom and see further out, is what would you even NEED to Zoom Further out for?

People really really enjoy further out views of their megabases or something.. but if I was going to design it, I’d have future bosses have attacks that can target the player even if the boss is off their default screen (such as having Lazer beam attacks that without the zoom out hat, you won’t see coming at all)

Klei wants to go boss heavy with this game? fine- But let’s give what they add to the game an actual decent USE okay?

In Klei’s own words- “content that would be vital for your survival”

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 hour ago, NotGabriel said:

Exactly, for console players this new helm is a god send! Thank you Klei!!!!!

• Like 4

This is the opportunity to ask to increase the zoom possibility.

For me it's a pretty useless item as it stands now and I don't use a zoom mod.

But if you're already satisfied with that, ok.

Let's be clear: the concept of the item is incredible, but it's not good enough yet.

And this horrible filter for anyone who wants to take a photo of the base and share it. The zoom should be much greater and this filter should be removed. It's my suggestion for developers.

• Like 16

Good update so far bur I have a few suggestions.

Could you make the Warbis repair tool blueprint drop form the scrap pig? Either that or make WOBOT only appear post CC so it doesn’t cause confusion 

Could you Also make WOBOT not target items that can’t be reached (like because of fences and stuff) 

Could you make WOBOT craft able for servers? It would have to be quite expensive but it could resolve conflicts 

The new scrap pig fight is fun, but I think it’s needs a new unique drop because not only is there the issue with a lot of people having the mod the item itself is just underwhelming and not worth the effort in my opinion 

Speaking of that I think that the Horizon Expander needs more seeing range to be viable, also if you wanna lean more into the making mods into the base game thing you could add geometric placement with it on. Console players would kill for that and it could easily add a ton of replay value to the fight 

The last thing I can think of is expandable dragon chests

Overall good update so far but it definitely needs some changes.

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 1

58 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Let's be clear: the concept of the item is incredible, but it's not good enough yet.

And this horrible filter for anyone who wants to take a photo of the base and share it. The zoom should be much greater and this filter should be removed. It's my suggestion for developers.

That is so underwhelming... it should be as good as the zoom+ mod, if not then better.

It also needs bonus upsides, like maybe being able to highlight hostile, passive and neutral mobs.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

is what would you even NEED to Zoom Further out for?

3 trillion things. Sailing, and scouting the world.

It is a major thing. You can  plan ahead.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

That is so underwhelming... it should be as good as the zoom+ mod, if not then better.

It also needs bonus upsides, like maybe being able to highlight hostile, passive and neutral mobs.

3 trillion things. Sailing, and scouting the world.

It is a major thing. You can  plan ahead.

I’ve always just pressed the pause button to pull up the mini-map and used the wider revealing area of the mini map to be able to see things that I haven’t sailed to/smashed my boat into yet.

It is literally one of the ways I avoid smashing my boats into SeaStacks, lol.. and I don’t think that this late game helmet is going to make not smashing into SeaStacks worth getting the hat for. 
Unless Klei nerfs the game map, I can just keep pulling that up to see what’s not on screen yet.

Now there is ONE thing I think the hat might actually help people with, and that’s being in the radius to see Wildfires so they aren’t happening off screen anymore.

But again, is that really something we need to be “late-game”?

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve always just pressed the pause button to pull up the mini-map and used the wider revealing area of the mini map to be able to see things that I haven’t sailed to/smashed my boat into yet.

It is literally one of the ways I avoid smashing my boats into SeaStacks, lol.. and I don’t think that this late game helmet is going to make not smashing into SeaStacks worth getting the hat for. 
Unless Klei nerfs the game map, I can just keep pulling that up to see what’s not on screen yet.

Now there is ONE thing I think the hat might actually help people with, and that’s being in the radius to see Wildfires so they aren’t happening off screen anymore.

But again, is that really something we need to be “late-game”?

this item isn't late game

I suggest you go test the new content first before making assumptions because these just comes out as misinformation 

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 6
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

It's nice to see little details like this in the world. Which not only make a ref to a short film, but also create the feeling that the world lives without the player

20240308113431_1.jpg.9aaa139fa9422af04e3e1cee533656c7.jpg

There is a lot of cruelty in the hearts of developers. :wilson_cry:

BeFunky-collage (1).png

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, mykenception said:

I suggest you go test the new content first before making assumptions because these just comes out as misinformation 

true ... or if he cant access beta u can just watch stream people testing out beta there is dozen of em in twitch rn .. :roll:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruvimaster said:

On console the view is more zoomed in, than on pc. So if the view range with the new helmet is as big as seen in the pc version, than it is a massive improvment for console players and maybe less so for pc players.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mykenception said:

this item isn't late game

Well allow me to clarify what I meant, “What is the items intended purpose?”

Because ima just be real with you on this one, I’m not sure what it’s actual use is, also I’m on Xbox so I can’t play a beta until the update is released on Xbox but anyway..

I see threads on these forums where player talk about being able to get into areas they aren’t supposed to be able to get to (I think ruins or whatever?) because that chunk of biome is spawned close enough to other biomes to teleport to/ void walk through.

The existence of this further zooming out helmet, should mean this area of the game was changed so it spawned far enough out of view you could only see it with the new Zoom Out Helmet.

AND in Addition to that, the Zoom Out Helmet should probably give gameplay advantages to things like Casting Range for Willows Mage Spells, Maxwells Codex Casting, and Wortox teleportation, Fishing Rods, Etc…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

On console the view is more zoomed in, than on pc. So if the view range with the new helmet is as big as seen in the pc version, than it is a massive improvment for console players and maybe less so for pc players.

I think you are content with very little, especially since we are in a beta version that is there to improve things. 

• Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I see threads on these forums where player talk about being able to get into areas they aren’t supposed to be able to get to (I think ruins or whatever?) because that chunk of biome is spawned close enough to other biomes to teleport to/ void walk through.

if you're thinking of using it to telepoof across void gaps, you can't use the horizon helmet together with a moggles

if you wanna try and push your luck, you can cast a dwarf star at the very edge of where's you're standing in hopes that it could light up the location you plan to jump too

9 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I think you are content with very little, especially since we are in a beta version that is there to improve things. 

Unfortunately I can’t play in betas.. but the first things that come to my mind when someone mentions “funny zoom out hat”

Is how that actually impacts gameplay? I can give a few suggestions as to what it SHOULD do (increase further the range of player casted abilities) but I’d really love to know what the devs were thinking with this and what overall purpose it serves within the game.

To me with both the larger chest and this hat it just seems like they’re adding items to the game that replace PC mods that had the same/similar functions.