Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid & Willow in beta.

I don't understand the logic behind giving Wigfrid beefalo perks. Beefalos are for characters who either struggle with healing or with damage. Wigfrid doesn't have issues with neither. When I think of characters who benefit from taming a beefalo, Wigfrid is at the bottom of the list.

Edited by maxwell_winters
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Welp, they turned a pyromaniac into a pyromancer, how inspired

would be more original if she had an ability to accept real state money to burn forest to build houses? what do you expected for a piromaniac character??? you only throw s.ht but never give useful feedback 

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

I don't understand the logic behind giving Wigfrid beefalo perks. Beefalos are for characters who either struggle with healing or with damage. Wigfrid doesn't have issues with neither. When I think of characters who benefit from taming a beefalo, Wigfrid is at the bottom of the list.

what feels weird for me is to have new weapons added to a singer... she only has her helmet and spear because was her costume not because she is a blacksmith 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

New ornery beefalo rush for wendy is to actually start as wigfrid, tame ornery then use the celestial portal to switch to wendy hahaha

I think it fits Wigfrid, she is a valkyrie riding her noble steed into battle.... 

Beefalos arnt designed for characters that struggle with healing or damage... they just so happen to help those characters more.

Now i will want to tame an ornery beefalo with one of the characters i would never tame an ornery for normally... this is pretty brilliant idea from klei.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Welp, they turned a pyromaniac into a pyromancer, how inspired

what are you on about? people have been complaining about willow not having enough to do with fire beyond immunity for since when willow was originally nerfed, this is like... probably the most direct response we could have possibly gotten to that. be patient, 99% chance the one singular thing missing (bernie enlightenment) will be addressed soon enough

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Willow's skill tree is perfectly balanced and absolutely not power crept in the slightest. Why would you ever think that?

So your point that it's too strong is... By using an ability on an enemy that's slow, has slow attack speed, gets panicked while on fire.... Okay.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Willow's skill tree is perfectly balanced and absolutely not power crept in the slightest. Why would you ever think that?

If I'm being honest I thought the first complaint would be that dst is becoming more moba like with more cool down skills and active abilities.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

It actually fills me with alot of hope for Walter.

Wigfrid has beefalo specific skills so Walter will now definitely not get any beefalo skills which is fantastic. Woby should be Walters main mount for the whole game not a beefalo.

They'd have to try pretty hard to sell people on that but hey these skill trees broke new ground so who knows. 

On a side note looking at how they handled Willow and Wigfrid I have faith now that they'll finally commit to making the slingshot his primary weapon and useful for crowd control in a tangible way.

• Like 2

Frostjaw

Spoiler

sharkboi-walk.gif.d9580600e5f5cd9bd82aa5c0e295c74e.gif sharkboi-idle.gif.cd2922c840f56240ff49c23fcbae1e8d.gif

Ice

Spoiler

sharkboi_icespike-1.gif.541800b3d16689a366e3c31824048add.gif sharkboi_icespike-2.gif.48d05f08c71bf1bff347bcd2bc030069.gif sharkboi_icespike-3.gif.c075ec3d73fe171f9afa5eaa95114cb1.gif sharkboi_icespike-4.gif.0b42dc1f08b132ba36d4293abeaa88fd.gif

Bootleg Getaway

Spoiler

bootleg-idle.gif.515ec5157833d9c850f6ef339dd5744d.gif

Whirlportal

Spoiler

whirlportal-open.gif.491503a6622808e93741dcde17b43b21.gif

Fishing Hole

Spoiler

icefishing_hole-idle.gif.eedc71a955deb3a2a55123cda6c7fd19.gif

BERNIE! (Base / Lunar / Shadow / Ignited)

Spoiler

bernie_big.gif.5fc3885b9a60840463145f277d322f48.gif  bernie_big-lunar.gif.94f6e394ac876d1c455ca76d5059b250.gif bernie_big-shadow.gif.b323b91d0b4091b37db77faa716dd9fd.gif uc?export=view&id=1xqOo3VuS7JIxjEW313eRq-iniGFYsVTz 

Hot Embers

Spoiler

willow_embers-idle.gif.ae8070fd92109d3c8b107fd11ea2eb4d.gif

Fire Ball

Spoiler

flameball_fx-idle.gif.4ec78bde960cd150115f1e1a6247f33f.gif

Warrior's Reprise / Dark Lament / Enlightened Lullaby

Spoiler

battlesong-instantrevive.gif.941f9ae854f49004a9ce279bcf225ff3.gif battlesongs-shadowaligned.gif.29283fabce9591c989073a640dfd86a9.gif battlesongs-lunaraligned.gif.f7c2eaa7665e9c9f7dc2a1f495402109.gif

Battle Call Canister

Spoiler

battlesong_container-closed.gif.f727f46e66b3885f8fdecd29a13a7c6d.gif battlesong_container-opened.gif.72e32acb7dc35eb92693aacd6dfb77cf.gif

Commander's Helm

Spoiler

hat_wathgrithr_improved-idle.gif.de1e97bb42b9b5ac0c2dc09e6b498955.gif

Lightning Spear / Charged Lightning Spear

Spoiler

spear_wathgrithr_lighting-idle.gif.d2de05f5efa28f6891afe24a29958a77.gif spear_wathgrithr_lightning-charged.gif.59b91d0ef14e7c77e0e4acfad7f300f3.gif

Battle Rönd

Spoiler

wathgrithr_shield-idle.gif.a0e872aad2eed1c56cb4c9e6890b0028.gif

Battle Saddle

Spoiler

saddle_wathgrithr-idle.gif.3abded36ea85ff301f26972e7ebea800.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

44 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

wow you used commands to get a resource for a spell and used it in against a slow weak enemy and didnt even have higher dps...

so op

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

what feels weird for me is to have new weapons added to a singer... she only has her helmet and spear because was her costume not because she is a blacksmith 

pause at 0:28 she’s had a shield for forever! And I’m glad Klei finally gave it to her in game.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, arubaro said:

wow you used commands to get a resource for a spell and used it in against a slow weak enemy and didnt even have higher dps...

so op

I'll admit that the spider queen is a particularly vulnerable target for this spell. But do you realize how damn easy embers are to get? Just light anything on fire and then finish it off. You can get dozens of them just by walking into a killer bee field.

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

I'll admit that the spider queen is a particularly vulnerable target for this spell. But do you realize how damn easy embers are to get? Just light anything on fire and then finish it off. You can get dozens of them just by walking into a killer bee field.

you need to kill 40 killer bees to have 1 slot occupied for something that isnt much better than hitting with a hambat and with way less uses

i dont see how is something to worry about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

image.png.6c2e14018c8784adb902618f69758dd3.png

• Haha 6
  • Health 3
  • GL Happy 3

@JasonI find it odd that Willow's 2nd general skill tree item is to make objects burn faster, considering that she benefits massively from longer burn times in objects; for instance 
1. She gains sanity from nearby fires, and objects being on fire (vs mobs) is almost always what you would have burning for sanity, so these entities burning quicker means you get less sanity :( 
2. In winter time, it's nice to burn random trees/objects for warmth considering she is sensitive to freezing, so these objects burning for less time too also hurts this feature of playing Willow 
I heard a suggestion from someone else in the community to make the fires burn slower if a Willow (or another player even) is nearby, but quicker if no one is nearby the object; that might be a really nice solution if that's possible to do. 

image.png.e2ac5726f68005376a288c9ac680f828.png

• Like 12
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

When I think of characters who benefit from taming a beefalo, Wigfrid is at the bottom of the list.

Hence, Wigfrid got perks to make beefalo taming more viable. I would be against a character like Wendy getting beefalo perks because she's already so strong with one. it makes sense to me that characters bad at something get more options.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Valase said:

Does anyone know the New Beef sadle stats vs the older ones?

• +5 physical damage
  • +20% speed (compared to war saddle which is 25%, default saddle which is +40%, and glossamer saddle which is +55%)
  • 40% damage absorption
  • Like 11
  • Big Ups 1