Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid & Willow in beta.

21 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Why is Wigfrid the designated rider character now? It makes no sense. Her damage resistance and attack damage boost don't apply to Beefalo and she's already a very solid combat character without a Beefalo. 

To make Woby and Walter feel even more inferior.

:devilish:

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Haha 9
  • Sad Dupe 3
  • GL Happy 1

Great Willow skill tree update, some of my takes:

- Lighter needs to refuel around 10% fuel per fire, not 1%, you end up losing durability while trying to collect flames to regain it (Or just make it infinite at this point)
- Bernie's health with the health increase skill gets... Reduced? BERNIE!'s health gets reduced to 1300 down from 2000
- Bernie's health regen skill is amazing, speed skill is amazing and sanity threshold is amazing, overall the Bernie perks are flawless (besides the bugs)
- Shadow tendrils from the shadow alignment lighter skill tend to just ignore enemies even if they're right next to them
- The AOE fire spell crashes the game

Overall amazing for a skill tree!

ezgif.com-crop (28).png

Edited by Nikki Darks
Spelling mistake
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

To make Woby and Walter feel even more inferior.

:devilish:

It actually fills me with alot of hope for Walter.

Wigfrid has beefalo specific skills so Walter will now definitely not get any beefalo skills which is fantastic. Woby should be Walters main mount for the whole game not a beefalo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

For example enlightenment perk for Bernie, so that you can use him in the lunar grotto and on the island

100% This, It's very difficult to upkeep Bernie in the post game and inside of lunar biomes due to her gaining sanity from lunacy, plus the 10% bonus.

It'd be cool if lunar alignment allowed Bernie to stay BERNIE! or work under these conditions.

• Like 2

My takes on Willow's skilltree is a little split right now. Partially cause Ashley doesn't have skins for lunar and shadow variants yet gehehe...

Overall I think the skilltree itself is quite neat! Though I had some complications with Bernie being less tanky than I'd wish him to be.

Thing is that her fire abilities are neat but seems to fall flat against everything that is fire-resistant. While shadow/lunar fires are nice they are still locked away behind killing later game bosses. If we were able to do fire abilities on them regardless if they are immune as Willow then there would be more play at it than not. Kinda always wished her abilities would surpass the unburnables and make them melt. But maybe it's just me.

Lighter durability regain for sucking up fires seems kinda meh? I don't seem to gain much back and it's more of a hurdle especially that some thicker objects don't want to extinguish like the lune trees being too thick to absorb.

Now okay this is the juiciest issue for me is the Ember collection. Unless we get to mass farm butterflies and such on the way it seems like a hassle to have to do, worse will come to when you don't really just roam around killing things and you want to keep some embers for fights but you cannot prepare any because you gotta kill a load of mobs for it. My ideal solution is you could burn stuff inside campfires or Nightlights to collect Embers for a set value. Highest value being from night light itself, or even generated bit by bit from a dwarfstar as a sort of ember generator. I feel like early game ember collection should resolve to that more basic walk and kill things before you have a proper setup and build structures or cast spells to generate you bigger amounts of embers. Unlike Maxwell spells these are REALLY costly all things considered. Gives great control over a battlefield by making all enemies panic but when it'll come to bigger bads that don't care it'll end up terrible due to the costs they need.

(I haven't checked how many embers a stack you can hold but I hope for at LEAST 80-100.)

1 hour ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Why is Wigfrid the designated rider character now? It makes no sense. Her damage resistance and attack damage boost don't apply to Beefalo and she's already a very solid combat character without a Beefalo. 

Having a custom saddle ≠ being The Beefalo Character, I don’t know how you jumped to that conclusion.

i think the saddle is fitting. Wigfrid’s strength did not just come from her combat abilities but also her ability to just make really solid armor and weapons for everyone. Now she can make saddles for beefalo riders, too.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Unlike Maxwell spells these are REALLY costly all things considered. Gives great control over a battlefield by making all enemies panic but when it'll come to bigger bads that don't care it'll end up terrible due to the costs they need.

(I haven't checked how many embers a stack you can hold but I hope for at LEAST 80-100.)

Embers stack to 40. Once the combustion spell works we should be able to mass farm bees, spiders, or any large group of mobs for embers.

Edited by Gashzer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Vikings in the viking mythology lore upon which Wigfrid exists rode thunder goats, so it is flavourful and ties to her thunder spear aswell. (Volt goats exist and are flavourfully perfect, but it would be odd to add new mechanics just for her to ride them)

6 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

My takes on Willow's skilltree is a little split right now. Partially cause Ashley doesn't have skins for lunar and shadow variants yet gehehe...

Overall I think the skilltree itself is quite neat! Though I had some complications with Bernie being less tanky than I'd wish him to be.

Thing is that her fire abilities are neat but seems to fall flat against everything that is fire-resistant. While shadow/lunar fires are nice they are still locked away behind killing later game bosses. If we were able to do fire abilities on them regardless if they are immune as Willow then there would be more play at it than not. Kinda always wished her abilities would surpass the unburnables and make them melt. But maybe it's just me.

Lighter durability regain for sucking up fires seems kinda meh? I don't seem to gain much back and it's more of a hurdle especially that some thicker objects don't want to extinguish like the lune trees being too thick to absorb.

Now okay this is the juiciest issue for me is the Ember collection. Unless we get to mass farm butterflies and such on the way it seems like a hassle to have to do, worse will come to when you don't really just roam around killing things and you want to keep some embers for fights but you cannot prepare any because you gotta kill a load of mobs for it. My ideal solution is you could burn stuff inside campfires or Nightlights to collect Embers for a set value. Highest value being from night light itself, or even generated bit by bit from a dwarfstar as a sort of ember generator. I feel like early game ember collection should resolve to that more basic walk and kill things before you have a proper setup and build structures or cast spells to generate you bigger amounts of embers. Unlike Maxwell spells these are REALLY costly all things considered. Gives great control over a battlefield by making all enemies panic but when it'll come to bigger bads that don't care it'll end up terrible due to the costs they need.

Craft a fire staff, shoot it at birds, bees, mosquitoes, butterflies..... It's really easy to get these embers in larger quantities. And the max amount per stack is 40.