[Game Update] - 575729

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You’re Okay with the Caves version of weather effects damaging mobs, but not the Surface version? May I ask Why???

Sorry no I just meant it would logically mske more sense for the acid to damage mobs over the hail. I don't want it to though. 

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Something nice; The new theme song, as the kids would say, "totally slaps."

I think all the past title songs should get a gramophone vinyl.

New theme might be totally lost to time again. 

Like what?

Koalas you leave alive, gem deers from klaus, wild geckos not penned in etc

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Koalas you leave alive, gem deers from klaus, wild geckos not penned in etc

With regards to 'roofs' in game, I'm putting forth the idea that there should be a BIG roof. Similar to what we have with pillars in the caves operating the way they do. 

Koalas, geckos and grass gators, and glommer can all live under shelter. Also players.

Gem deer from klaus are tanks. They won't die from hail lol. Unless you've struck them yourself, I think they'll be fine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

is it because you pen up Koaelephants & Grass Geckos (two mobs on the list for possible future mutations)

Do you just keep the Grass Geckos because they look cute?? Or do you rely on them for Grass & Leafy Meats?

Already clarified what I meant with Acid Rain (more logical this does damage over hail but I don't want it to) but just to answer this I leave all sorts of mobs alive (and create them via hunts, moon potions etc) and let them roam to make the constant feel more alive and vibrant (which basically everyone wants). 

I pen grass gators, goats, geckos and catcoons for their resources (catcoon butterfly farm) and because they're cute. Both reasons. I also have a penned tallbird ranch, merm/bunny food farm, volt goat anenome farm, seaweed farm for big amounts of barnacles etc. Basically if there's any use you can get out of a mob I make a pen, farm or set-up for them. The only thing I think I don't have is a varg farm but I want to make onr now that howlitzer exists. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Numbers:

• Hail cooldown increased from 2 days -> 10 days
  • Hail duration increased from 60 seconds -> 90 seconds
  • Blueprint drop rate from Wagstaff machinery increased from 20% -> 40%

That's a pretty long cooldown

I guess that means hails once hour and twenty minutes.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

3 hours ago, V2C said:

Updated ground pounds to remove some of the gaps in the hitbox rings, and the animated ring FX is now a more accurate representation of its actual range.

Super nice change, however the Ground Pounds feel too instant, there's no delay, they trigger way before the FX can properly play.

The fight feels a lot worse in gameplay, now, especially with this distance.
image.thumb.png.d1739bfd5c689ef964ed5353f971268a.png

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

56 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Figured I'd add I still feel like hp regen on mobs would still probably be the best solution.

I think all the mobs able to be damaged can sleep. health regen while sleeping would help, but in the meantime, I'd want some development on a barn/roof that we can build. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Do you just keep the Grass Geckos because they look cute?? Or do you rely on them for Grass & Leafy Meats?

what lunatic would rely on grass geckos for leafy meat when lureplants on boats, grass gators, as well as brightshade plants exists. Of course people would keep them for grass

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 8
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, mykenception said:

what lunatic would rely on grass geckos for leafy meat when lureplants on boats, grass gators, as well as brighshade plants exists. of course people would keep them for grass

First time I heard someone rely on grass geckos for leafy meat...

Oh wait, it's Mike, of course he would.

Edited by Spino43
  • Like 8
  • Haha 6
  • Hunger 1
  • GL Happy 3
  • Potato Cup 1

4 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Updated ground pounds to remove some of the gaps in the hitbox rings, and the animated ring FX is now a more accurate representation of its actual range.

This is a bit insane. the range is huge. I'm trying to figure out how to avoid the bearger bomb, but it's a little insane. 

• Like 3

huh, Time to make a Grass Gekko den for them to hide during hails. Or just, you know, respawn mechanic.
I still dont get why Wormwood cant craft Grass Tufts :(

Anyhow, I often see their meat and grass on the ground in rocky biomes due to them running toward tallbirds, but now.. it's gonna be a full course buffet.

Edited by Master_NiX
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

put down a umbralla over your pen.

by the time you open it some of them would die. Also why we would need such chore? damaging mobs makes 0 sense gameplay wise

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

Why would you ever need to do this? It’s not like hail works off screen does it? Just keep an umbralla on hand and deploy it once hail comes. Am I missing something vital or what?

you are missing how the mechanic is fun, challenging or even necessary

adding chores that doesnt make the game difficult makes no sense and only would make people drop the game eventually which is a shot in klei's feet

anybody that is defending that dumb mechanic find any argument to defend it and is because it has 0 sense

tell me how killing loabster, moon quay crustaceans or helping me damaging batiliks/spiders/whatever is a challenging lategame mechanic. Really, tell me, im willing to understood the brain process behind defending this silly thing other than "im attached to something new and i dont want klei to remove it even if has 0 impact in my 20h world and makes playing long term worlds boring thing that i will never experience".

Every update is the same, people who defend 24/7 things that doesnt bring anything to the table just because they want to argue with someone

• Like 5
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 2

Please, make that we can summon Bearger in autumn with the hostile flare and rework the line of progression to get the Spark Ark item from Wagstaff because the way that you guys decided to implemented is boring and forces the player to have only one of the new items per year. I do not care for any sense of balance in this game if anybody wants to discuss about it. 
I have this idea in a couple of days ago and a really wish to see something related to this in the game.
Shattered Spider Queen - a spider queen without a head that would create spikes around the player and being able to summon shattered spiders. It would become a Shattered Spider Hole after wandering for 1.5 or more days.

Regrowth Shattered Spider Hole.png

• Like 7
  • Health 1
  • Potato Cup 1

6 hours ago, chirsg said:

Late is better than never. I have faith. I really don't like working around hail in the modern iteration of what we have now and the diligence demanded to solve hail simply is too tedious to me.

I won't die on this hill as there is a solution and it's not going to get me to FO from the game, but I don't like what hail does to mobs.

Again, Late is better than never. 

Maybe they can do what they did for the Terrors bellow update. In that update they made it so boulders can’t damage structures while they we’re working on the pillars. They can make it so lunar hail dosent damage structures (I don’t think think it should hurt mobs at all) until they add a new long term solution (to be honest I don’t know if I want hail to damage structures but I do think they should add something to protect players other than the big boy tress and umbralla)

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Oh no i just noticed something 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2023-10-05-07-54-31-775-edit_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.2ee0bdc12300dc698fb27734c035a79d.jpg

I want to say something very mean to you but I don’t want to get banned so just know that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

27 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Terrible idea. It's not fun to make everything exist for killed by the player.

It ruined Deerclops, and now you want it to ruin another one.

They did it deer clops so that way people in servers can get multiple eyebrellas without waiting a few years for everyone. If they did that for bearger it could allow multiple people to get spark arcs without waiting a few years (depending on how they change the system)

• Like 3