[Game Update] - 575729

• Developer

Changes

• New main menu art and music.
  • Added option to quickly load Hound’s Teeth into Howlitzer.
  • Improved Ancient Orchestrina scrapbook image.
  • Big Slimy Pit is now a Point of Interest.
  • Decreased the frequency of lunar hail storms and increased their duration.
  • Added Sawhorse minimap icon.
  • Increased the chance of Abandoned Junk dropping Scrap and blueprints.
  • Scrap can no longer be eaten by WX-78. This was not intended.
  • The ground will now crack under Armored Bearger’s butt stomp attack.
  • Updated ground pounds to remove some of the gaps in the hitbox rings, and the animated ring FX is now a more accurate representation of its actual range.
  • Hunts will no longer guarantee clawed paths. Thank you for testing!

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Deerclops facial expression not changing after destroying enough structures.
  • Fixed centering of Armored Bearger’s butt stomp attack hit box.
  • Fixed bug with Armored Bearger’s swipe FX sometimes not seen on clients.
  • Fixed bug where fire is sometimes invisible on Bearger.
  • Bearger should no longer randomly drop her target.
  • Fixed bug where giants did not collide with Magma ponds.
  • Fixed Celestial Portal being a point of interest.
  • Fixed W.A.R.B.I.S. armor set keeping its target on creatures inside inventories/containers.
  • Fixed Fused Shadelings sometimes not despawning with the Rift.
  • Fixed Rift minimap icons persisting on the map after they have closed.
  • Fixed Wooden Chair and Stool not spreading fire.
  • Fixed some Scrapbook entries that were not inspectable. They just need to be seen to unlock all the information about it.
  • Fixed W.A.R.B.I.S. Head Gear's overlay persisting when switching equipment with a Mannequin or Punching Bag.
  • Fixed being unable to interact with loaded winches placed on land after save-load.
  • Fixed some issues regarding Points of Interest.
  • Slightly improved Lunar Hail's performance. The debris will stay on the ground for less time. We're still working on it.

View full update

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

• Developer

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know, that while it didn't make it into this hotfix, we are still working on rebalancing some of the new bosses, making it easier to obtain additional Spark Arks after the first time you've completed the quest normally, Lunar Hail performance, etc.

• Like 49
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

6 minutes ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know, that while it didn't make it into this hotfix, we are still working on rebalancing some of the new bosses, making it easier to obtain additional Spark Arks after the first time you've completed the quest normally, Lunar Hail performance, etc.

Wow, that's really wonderful. Thank you.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, V2C said:

Thank you! The new menu art looks great, and I’m curious to see what the tweaks will be. You guys are killing it with this update, and I’m glad you’ve been listening to feedback!

• Like 4
  • Potato Cup 1

16 minutes ago, V2C said:

Maybe bosses can drop their exclusive items just like ice_eye to make their items,although Spark Arks are still needed to make items,but Spark Arks can be recharged instead of being consumed after you craft items.(The way Spark Arks gets it doesn't change)

• Like 4
  • Potato Cup 1

Getting worried that even though there is a huge amount of feedback that hail shouldnt damage mobs it's going to stay that way... sigh.. 

Really wanted to experience the hail myself but if it remains a mob killer it's just going to be turned off forever by me and basically anyone else who values their mobs. Fantastic...

Thanks heaps to the few who argued for this to remain even though it serves no real purpose /s obviously...

This is why we can't have nice things. uNcOmPrOmIsInG

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 10
  • Shopcat 2

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Getting worried that even though there is a huge amount of feedback that hail shouldnt damage mobs it's going to stay that way... sigh.. 

Really wanted to experience the hail myself but if it remains a mob killer it's just going to be turned off forever by me and basically anyone else who values their mobs. Fantastic...

Thanks heaps to the few who argued for this to remain even though it serves no real purpose /s obviously...

This is why we can't have nice things.

The sentiment hasn't gone away. It's a matter of discussing solutions. The more this goes on, the more frustrated people will get. 

What already exists is the limiting prospect of changing over your living pens to be situated under above average trees with the problem being pengulls. It's whackamole. 

Stay on the forums. I don't think pillars came until late into the boulders beta.

Keep trying to present ideas and draw diagrams if you're able. 

I think it's time for surface roofs in some form. 

One of the prime pillars of survival is definitely shelter. Just the thing needed to stop hail.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

This is why we can't have nice things. uNcOmPrOmIsInG

put down a umbralla over your pen.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

6 minutes ago, RonanMcQ said:

A fine temporary solution until they fix this (which they will)

“Fix” implies that it wasn’t working as intended.. which likely isn’t the case here.

But it is very likely they’ll add a permanent structure you can craft to ignore hailstorms forever.

It’ll be something to shut people up over though and NOT an unintentional glitch/bug fix.

You absolutely can not tell me that Klei adds ACID rain to caves that doesn’t damage mobs, but forgets to make mobs immune to Lunar Hail.

I just won’t believe that..

• Like 3
  • Shopcat 1

25 minutes ago, Well-met said:

put down a umbralla over your pen.

This has been discussed to death. Putting endless umbrallas all over your world isn't a viable option, isn't fun, isn't foolproof, isn't effective and basically doesn't work. Also doesn't work for mobs not penned. 

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You absolutely can not tell me that Klei adds ACID rain to caves that doesn’t damage mobs, but forgets to make mobs immune to Lunar Hail.

I just won’t believe that..

Wait.. wait.. so now your against Lunar Hail damaging mobs??

Yeah literal acid should damage mobs over Lunar hail it makes zero sense. We agree for once!

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

This has been discussed to death. Putting endless umbrallas all over your world isn't a viable option, isn't fun, isn't foolproof, isn't effective and basically doesn't work. Also doesn't work for mobs not penned. 

does hail kill things off screen or what?

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Why would you ever need to do this? It’s not like hail works off screen does it? Just keep an umbralla on hand and deploy it once hail comes. Am I missing something vital or what?

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

does hail kill things off screen or what?

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Why would you ever need to do this? It’s not like hail works off screen does it? Just keep an umbralla on hand and deploy it once hail comes. Am I missing something vital or what?

From all the feedback I'm reading on the forums yes. It affects a fairly decent area that is larger than an umbrallas radius. Also mobs don't stay put they move around. There's also free roaming mobs. Every single time Hail happens putting down an umbralla and not moving from the spot is not foolproof and mobs can and will take damage. I haven't seen or experienced this personally but from reading basically every beta thread and post this very much seems to be the case.

Umbrallas are not a viable solution and even if they were more viable/effective who wants to literally stop in their tracks and not move for the entirety of every single Hail so that you don't accidentally move out of the umbralla radius and allow mobs you've had for potentially thousands of in game days to take chip damage. It's not a solution at all. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Wait.. wait.. so now your against Lunar Hail damaging mobs??

Yeah literal acid should damage mobs over Lunar hail it makes zero sense. We agree for once!

Actually the “Acid” seems to empower the cave mobs (well atleast the Batilisks) but now I’m just overly confused….

You’re Okay with the Caves version of weather effects damaging mobs, but not the Surface version? May I ask Why???

is it because you pen up Koaelephants & Grass Geckos (two mobs on the list for possible future mutations)

Do you just keep the Grass Geckos because they look cute?? Or do you rely on them for Grass & Leafy Meats?

And if you DO… what if a Lunar Mutation does something like causing them to shed their skin and become bald no longer producing grass or something?

Forgive my ignorance.. I am just terribly confused at why you’d be okay with letting Wurts Cave Merm Army or someone’s Bunnyman village take acid rain damage, but you fight tooth and nail to have the same effects removed on surface mobs?

31 minutes ago, Dextops said:

It came in the skill tree update, an entire update after 

Late is better than never. I have faith. I really don't like working around hail in the modern iteration of what we have now and the diligence demanded to solve hail simply is too tedious to me.

I won't die on this hill as there is a solution and it's not going to get me to FO from the game, but I don't like what hail does to mobs.

Again, Late is better than never. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I think it's time for surface roofs in some form

Being able to make little shelters that your mobbed pens run into and stay under when hail approaches (many real life animals can sense when the weather is about to change eg: rain is coming) would basically solve the problem for penned mobs. It might even be a cool visual warning for hail approaching - you walk past a pen and see your mobs hiding under their little shelter and realise hail is coming. 

Problem is this does absolutely nothing for free roaming mobs.

• Like 5
  • Potato Cup 1

Something nice; The new theme song, as the kids would say, "totally slaps."

I think all the past title songs should get a gramophone vinyl.

New theme might be totally lost to time again. 

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

Problem is this does absolutely nothing for free roaming mobs.

Like what?

• Like 2
  • Sanity 2