[Game Update] - 575729

1 hour ago, RonanMcQ said:

They did it deer clops so that way people in servers can get multiple eyebrellas without waiting a few years for everyone. If they did that for bearger it could allow multiple people to get spark arcs without waiting a few years (depending on how they change the system)

Honestly it just makes seasonal bosses less special at this point I would have preferred they just made it so when deerclops dies she drops eyes equal to the number of players fighting her instead of being summonable by the flare I mean we're already saying screw you to logic with the flare so may as well do it in a way that keeps the appearance of seasonal bosses a special event no?

• Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Doesn't the flare basically influence Deerclops respawn timer? It doesn't just guarantee Deerclops.. I don't use it to fight multiples I use it to spawn Deer when I'd like so I can then get on with the rest of Winter without it appearing when it will be annoying and to spawn it in the exact spot I want. Also can't you only really get like two Deerclops each winter tops with the way it shortens the respawn timer rather than just guaranteeing a spawn??

The only time (I predominantly play solo so biased) I use it to actually spawn more than one clops in a winter is to farm festive lights from Feastclops and I swear the max it let's me get is a second one in one winter. 

It's not like you can just spawn one every day unless I just don't understand how the flare works at all.

24 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

we're already saying screw you to logic with the flare

Can you just explain what you mean by this? Flare gets its attention and only during Winter and we know for a fact that Deerclops isn't a unique monster and there is more than one out there so what logic exactly is being broken here?

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

The only time (I predominantly play solo so biased) I use it to actually spawn more than one clops in a winter is to farm festive lights from Feastclops and I swear the max it let's me get is a second one in one winter

It spawns endless amounts me and some of my friends just farmed deerclops for fun and got 9 eyes in a winter

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Terrible idea. It's not fun to make everything exist for killed by the player.

It ruined Deerclops, and now you want it to ruin another one.

I’d rather “ruin” bearger (I really don’t get that) than wait 1 year for 1 singular spark ark

• Like 11

1 minute ago, gamehun20 said:

It spawns endless amounts me and some of my friends just farmed deerclops for fun and got 9 eyes in a winter

Huh weird.. if that's genuinely the case I stand corrected. I thought it just reduced the respawn timer. I get Mctusks only most of the time, use the flare once each winter to fight the battle where and when I want then leave it until next winter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonanMcQ said:

They did it deer clops so that way people in servers can get multiple eyebrellas without waiting a few years for everyone

No, they did it as a band-aid fix for monkey raids and then added Deerclops and McTusk to it, so it wouldn't be a one-trick pony item.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Can you just explain what you mean by this? Flare gets its attention and only during Winter and we know for a fact that Deerclops isn't a unique monster and there is more than one out there so what logic exactly is being broken here?

I know that there's more than one but this introduces the idea that there's a horde of them always nearby but only one comes to the flare at a time which just seems silly to me besides who would it hurt if the boss drops just scaled to the number of players rather than infinitely spawning them using goop?

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

12 hours ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know, that while it didn't make it into this hotfix, we are still working on rebalancing some of the new bosses, making it easier to obtain additional Spark Arks after the first time you've completed the quest normally, Lunar Hail performance, etc.

Are there any considerations in regards to addressing the spawning mechanics of the Celestial Orb?

I made a post here with more details, but long story short, the orb isn't guaranteed to spawn, which means getting into this new content via killing Celestial Champion is contigent upon when the Orb spawns.

That sometimes means that even if you have everything else ready to start Celestial Champion, you are sometimes playing a waiting game on the Celestial Orb.

I suggested that the boulder holding the Orb should just spawn if Alter is awakened, but regardless of the implemented solution, I think it's important to have this addressed as it seems there's going to be a lot more content with the Lunar Rifts that is unfortunately gated by a timer via the Celestial Orb.

Thank you.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 11
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I know that there's more than one but this introduces the idea that there's a horde of them always nearby but only one comes to the flare at a time which just seems silly to me besides who would it hurt if the boss drops just scaled to the number of players rather than infinitely spawning them using goop?

Yeah fair enough. 

10 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Figured I'd add I still feel like hp regen on mobs would still probably be the best solution.

wobsters, rabbits, crustashine, etc have 25hp... best solution is removing damage to mobs

why do you want them to be damaged? other than helping unexperience players that turns rifts from settings to kill spiders and birds i dont see any helpful or fun impact gameplaywise...

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 4
  • Shopcat 1

5 minutes ago, arubaro said:

wobsters, rabbits, crustashine, etc have 25hp... best solution is removing damage to mobs

why do you want them to be damaged? other than helping unexperience players that turns rifts from settings to kill spiders and birds i dont see any helpful or fun impact gameplaywise...

Flavor really but how about the hail only does 1 damage to mobs and we get the regen I can't see a problem with this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Add the ability to make all trees giant, as a workaround for hail.

A land reclamation tool that turns the land into an ocean and can plant large trees

Edited by randiao
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I understand people not wanting their penned creatures to die but i dont see the harm in little ones like rabbits and wobsters dying. Little mobs dropping like flies in hail seems like it adds flavour, and they respawn anyway. Any inexperiences player enabling rifts from the start will have bigger problems than the occasional spider/bird kill, the swamp already exists if you want free spider drops.

That being said, Glommer should still be made a lunar mob. Both to protect him from hail and because he already fits the theme.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

6 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

bro aint no way, first it was deerclops, now its bearger

I'd kinda prefer if Bearger was the only seasonal boss that's male. I like Deerclops being female but Bearger just feels very masculine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vampyre77 said:

Come on guys, it's only Queen Spider, Queen Bee, Queen Womant, Tiger Shark, Bearger, Deerclops, Moose/Goose, dragonfly, and antlion that are female bosses

I'm not really complaining, I like having more female bosses. It was just unexpected for Bearger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Flavor really but how about the hail only does 1 damage to mobs and we get the regen I can't see a problem with this one.

idk if everything having hp reg would lag. Im not a programmer

It also would take more time than just removing damage to mobs

i get the flavor and for that i suggested it dealing 0 damage but keeping the hit stunlock

Still, both things would be confused for those who dont get information from other sources than the gameplay itself, someone might think that the hail is actually dealing 30 damage unless they see a single bunny getting hit multiple times

i hope klei learns from this and from the rift update that we want difficult survival challenge and not just annoying things so they dont waste time on tunning them

1 hour ago, SpookyXy said:

I understand people not wanting their penned creatures to die but i dont see the harm in little ones like rabbits and wobsters dying. Little mobs dropping like flies in hail seems like it adds flavour, and they respawn anyway. Any inexperiences player enabling rifts from the start will have bigger problems than the occasional spider/bird kill, the swamp already exists if you want free spider drops.

That being said, Glommer should still be made a lunar mob. Both to protect him from hail and because he already fits the theme.

because many players, included myself, likes making zoos with those mobs too and getting morsels and other drops for free is the opposite of a lategame challenge

• Like 3