[Game Update] - 575729

Flare shouldn't be nerfed everyone can get eyeball for the first spring/summer usually.

For any player that is trying to amass houndius shootious for specific setups it would be terrible without flares and even currently it is extremely time consuming.

Hail shouldn't damage mobs and to make it a bit more realistic as @arubarosaid it can deal no damage but stunlock them. Every mob should heal, I don't know why that isn't the case.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AveHortor said:

Wait, Bearger is a her?

Sexism after Klei decides to make all seasonal bosses a she (it's completely unthinkable that the bosses' genders could be left ambiguous as they are just mammal-like animals which usually come in either female or male and the survivors are not visited by a one specific member annually):

emoji-emoji-disintegrating.gif.c0141175d6967d7b0ab39a04b44f76fe.gif

• Like 3
  • Shopcat 5

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Sexism after Klei decides to make all seasonal bosses a she (it's completely unthinkable that the bosses' genders could be left ambiguous as they are just mammal-like animals which usually come in either female or male and the survivors are not visited by a one specific member annually):

emoji-emoji-disintegrating.gif.c0141175d6967d7b0ab39a04b44f76fe.gif

I like doing harm to males and females equally

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

10 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Terrible idea. It's not fun to make everything exist for killed by the player.

It ruined Deerclops, and now you want it to ruin another one.

I find it fun and i like how the flare and tree jam contribute to making glommer great. They astablished glommer, and it also made the houndious shootious way more viable to craft. Keeping a second bearger for Winter for the spark ark seems like a neat thing to do.

Besides i prefer fighting deerclops for eyeballs than fighting my fellow players for eyeballs at the stake of cards, the /roll command.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Besides i prefer fighting deerclops for eyeballs than fighting my fellow players for eyeballs at the stake of cards, the /roll command.

I mean making boss drops scale to the amount of players fighting them would definitely be the most popular option to most players especially on larger servers and avoid the need for sharing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean making boss drops scale to the amount of players fighting them would definitely be the most popular option to most players especially on larger servers and avoid the need for sharing.

Idk it would feel pretty weird if the creature that is known for having 1 eye would all of the sudden drop 4

• Like 6
  • Potato Cup 1

10 minutes ago, DamnUniverse said:

Could you guys rework the design of the deerclops eyeball from the new Ice Crystaleyezer Kit structure so it would better fit the Houndius Shootius eyeball ?

Houndius_Shootius.webp

Deerclops.webp

I mean the design of the eyeball could improve and the structure should already be in HD... 

ewl.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IAmAFurrz said:

Hopefully yall remove bearger being able to infinitely combo you to death

the only hard boss is the varg (not that hard with brighshade staff to crowd control hounds..), atleast bearger can punish you for making a mistake

Edited by arubaro

16 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Idk it would feel pretty weird if the creature that is known for having 1 eye would all of the sudden drop 4

Id say hostile flare is a good way to deal with need for multiple eyeballs

Just now, arubaro said:

the only hard boss is the varg, atleast bearger can punish you for making a mistake

Nah, brightshade staff does the job nicely, as well as you being able to just make a bait pen for the hounds and deap with varg 1 on 1.

And touch-of-death is not very fun. Kinda like how crabking kinda just perma freezes you if youre frozen once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAmAFurrz said:

Id say hostile flare is a good way to deal with need for multiple eyeballs

I would find it more natural to also have an altar where you slot something in it to decrease the cooldown for bosses that have such a timer. It could potentially scale with the number of slots on the server or capped to a meaningful number (e.g. 2.4 days for 6 eyes in a 15 day Winter).

On 10/5/2023 at 9:59 AM, V2C said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know, that while it didn't make it into this hotfix, we are still working on rebalancing some of the new bosses, making it easier to obtain additional Spark Arks after the first time you've completed the quest normally, Lunar Hail performance, etc.

Could you please raise the temperature from 1 degree to 4 degrees for Ice crystaleyezer? -10 degrees is too low for practical use. Instead, could we have a temperature that's freezing like an WX-78's ice circuit but doesn't affect health? I'm a Mega Base user, and I'm tired of managing ice flingomatics or living in caves or the Oasis Desert in the Summer for Wildfires. I'd like to use this as an alternative.

And when there are many structures like Ocuvigil that brighten the field of vision, it causes lag on the server, so we can't build too many like Ice Crystaleyezers on the server. Therefore, the field of vision function of the Ice Crystaleyezers doesn't seem suitable. Can you help with this issue as well?

I originally wanted something like an Above-Average Tree Trunk for "ground", but the Ice Crystaleyezers also look quite appealing and interesting. Please give your valuable feedback. Thank you

Edited by lunararoma
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I know that there's more than one but this introduces the idea that there's a horde of them always nearby but only one comes to the flare at a time which just seems silly to me besides who would it hurt if the boss drops just scaled to the number of players rather than infinitely spawning them using goop?

I mean you can still get enough boss drops for each player by using the Flare you just have to earn each one with a new fight so isn't this already pretty similar? You do get a ton of extra meat this way as well I suppose but you are earning it by beating the boss each time. 
I'm obviously very biased on this topic as a predominantly solo player but I don't think we should get a boss drop for each player from bosses I just think there should be plenty of options and ways to re-do fights sooner rather than later to get enough drops for each player. Most if not all bosses have a toggle in world settings to allow them to respawn much faster (or slower) already so I just see the Flare as basically this but for Deerclops who doesn't respawn in the same spot like most of the rest like Dfly, BQ etc. You can fight Dfly, BQ and every other non-seasonal boss multiple times every season so I quite like that with the Flare you can either leave Deerclops as a once a Winter event or can choose to fight her multiple times in Winter if you prefer. Helps multiplayer servers get more eyebrellas.

I've seen a few people say it helps with getting more Houndius late game as well but I really don't see how this is the case at all haha, you need the horn for each houndius and resetting Ancient Guardian is a whole thing, you gotta fight Fuelweaver to reset Guardian and you need a shadow heart for every FW fight (yes you can cheese shadow piece bosses to get a ton of hearts at once but still). Houndius is very much restricted by Ancient Guardian and not Deerclops. In my long term world I have a basically full chest of Deerclops eyes (I think it might even have a full bundle of them as well in one of the slots) but want to know how many Guardian Horns I have saved up? NONE! They all immediately go towards making Houndius. I know you technically could reset ruins and fight Guardian just as many times as you fight Deerclops each in-game year but its still a much longer and more difficult task to do so. 

• Sanity 1

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

I mean you can still get enough boss drops for each player by using the Flare you just have to earn each one with a new fight so isn't this already pretty similar? You do get a ton of extra meat this way as well I suppose but you are earning it by beating the boss each time. 
I'm obviously very biased on this topic as a predominantly solo player but I don't think we should get a boss drop for each player from bosses I just think there should be plenty of options and ways to re-do fights sooner rather than later to get enough drops for each player. Most if not all bosses have a toggle in world settings to allow them to respawn much faster (or slower) already so I just see the Flare as basically this but for Deerclops who doesn't respawn in the same spot like most of the rest like Dfly, BQ etc. You can fight Dfly, BQ and every other non-seasonal boss multiple times every season so I quite like that with the Flare you can either leave Deerclops as a once a Winter event or can choose to fight her multiple times in Winter if you prefer. Helps multiplayer servers get more eyebrellas.

I've seen a few people say it helps with getting more Houndius late game as well but I really don't see how this is the case at all haha, you need the horn for each houndius and resetting Ancient Guardian is a whole thing, you gotta fight Fuelweaver to reset Guardian and you need a shadow heart for every FW fight (yes you can cheese shadow piece bosses to get a ton of hearts at once but still). Houndius is very much restricted by Ancient Guardian and not Deerclops. In my long term world I have a basically full chest of Deerclops eyes (I think it might even have a full bundle of them as well in one of the slots) but want to know how many Guardian Horns I have saved up? NONE! They all immediately go towards making Houndius. I know you technically could reset ruins and fight Guardian just as many times as you fight Deerclops each in-game year but its still a much longer and more difficult task to do so. 

I mean I just see it as cutting out the middle man the game isn't the best at handling hordes of players so if there's a large group it may as well pay out it's rewards the first time also it seems more suitable for more causal players who not only are the ones in most need of these drops but are less likely to even know you can spawn deerclops this way. Even going beyond that however scaling rewards in general gives a much better incentive to work together on bosses for newer and more casual players as they'd be guaranteed rewards.

10 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I find it fun and i like how the flare and tree jam contribute to making glommer great. They astablished glommer, and it also made the houndious shootious way more viable to craft. Keeping a second bearger for Winter for the spark ark seems like a neat thing to do.

I said it ruined Deerclops, not Eyeball.

Giving the player more eyeballs is indeed a good change, I also understand that some people think it is a change that will do more good than harm, although for me it is not.

Did you know that Deerclops has her own behavior cycle?   It wasn't just "When kill her again".   But thanks to the flare, it was all completely worthless now.   The way you get extract loot from deerclops has absolutely nothing to do with deerclops itself, players are encouraged to interact with her in the simplest and mindless way, and the exploration and learning of the game world is useless.

They could have given the player eyeballs in a better way.   Like the bearger fur, dragonfly scales, moosegoose nest, malbatross feathers, these are not only not achieved in a destructive way, also make them better.  There are also sleeping bags or blueprints, if you have to settle for less.

But Klei chose to let Deerclops respawn over and over again, not only as a gameplay compromise, but as if they didn't care at all.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1