[Game Update] - 565757

8 hours ago, Dextops said:

Wolfgang’s skill tree doesn’t need any balance, nothing in it is op or anything near that 

Just extra mightiness is like increased blooming range. You're not going to run out of it. That's actually detrimental considering you will have harder time becoming normal after fight to regain the 10% movement speed. Looks like a trap rather than bonus.  

Edited by Wonz

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait so we have a character that was sold as a challenging dlc character who had to come up with unique methods of healing who now just passively heals while standing around in Sunlight?

Are there any balances to this?? Such as only healing when standing still and not in combat (like Beefalo) or is it just yeah let’s just erase Wormwoods Downside?

in half a day, he can heal 12 hp if he is in full bloom(3 rot), using healing ointment he will get 8 hp more. therefore, it is rather a pleasant bonus than a disbalance

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wonz said:

Just extra mightiness is like increased blooming range. You're not going to run out of it. That's actually detrimental considering you will have harder time becoming normal after fight to regain the 10% movement speed. Looks like a trap rather than bonus.  

I definitely agree - I'd much rather the five extra mightiness skills got reworked into five overall bonus movement speed skills of +2%

Edited by devourerofsugar

19 minutes ago, Soul7k said:

a round of jellybeans'll do the trick. its how we did it b4 only now with smol regen on top

the regen we deserved to lose. Moose idol functioned as a straight out healing item pre patch. What I'm most unhappy about is the damage reduction and klei made a huge mistake with that.

4 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Obviously, there's different costs than just the material costs. Like the nerfs of being in Moose form, plus the stat drains. However, a Darksword being 5 nightmare fuel and a living log whereas a Moose Idol is just monster meat and some grass, obviously the Moose idol feels like an almost grossly cheap alternative especially with how accessible it can be in the early game. 

This is where I take issue sure grass and monster meat are very common but so is nightmare fuel. While living logs are relatively common via the grotto and very common when tree guards spawn more often as the day count increases so much so I use dark swords as my default weapon on Maxwell most of the time. This is also before considering Woodie has a skill to help farm living logs now. Dark Swords are equally grossly cheap for how readily available they are. 

2 hours ago, Bee PichiL said:

still no Wilson changes?

How I still hope that they will at least slow down the spoilage of products in the beard. I'm not asking for more, at least add at least this

luis2507-luis25.gif

2 hours ago, -Variant said:
3 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Дерево.thumb.gif.489fc50fd9c8414cbc059e5f0c2f6f65.gif

Thank you very much! They refreshed her a little as far as I can see^^

1 hour ago, zVince said:

I am a Wilson Player. :wilson_cry:

I just accept that,  Wilson's fate in Klei is only pain and suffering.

Let's hope that klei will hear us the same way they heard the wormwood players

• Sad 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, devourerofsugar said:

maybe when the time comes for the willow skill tree they will refresh wilson's too, maybe willow will get his torch stuff (which she definitely should).

No character should get a skill tree that only focuses one single item, especially an early game item like Torches. Skill trees are meant to make player's gameplay more versatile. Making a 7 point worth skill tree that focuses the most basic item in the game is the exact opposite of versatile.

If they ever give the torch tab to Willow, they at least need to make it work with every light source. Otherwise, it's just a waste of Willow's potential. 

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

How I still hope that they will at least slow down the spoilage of products in the beard. I'm not asking for more, at least add at least this

One change I would love to see is Morning Star working with the torch tab. It would be a simple but usefull buff to Wilson's skill tree.

Edited by mkemal23
Multiple grammar mistakes.
  • Like 5
  • Health 1

While Woodie early doesn't have much dps or chopping efficiency to match Maxwell in terms of being an all trades character, the nerf on his max level deer damage wise seems unnecessary considering his DPS is already dang low. Nerfing regen seems fine, but as he were to fight solo something as weremoose he may specialize against hordes better but it won't really help against solo fighting which is a lot of creatures if you think about it.

From what Weremoose does same for other forms are relatively same thing as what Maxwell's minions can do but has higher limitations. Safety is given to an extent but not guaranteed, no access to any healing (besides bit of regen) or gear while at it and being weremoose supposed to do one job - do plenty of damage and tank.

What earlier damage he had was fine I think, nerfing it wasn't necessary and I'd like it back personally how it was. He won't be at same efficiency as other fighters and his gathering power will vary from the looks of it - at least the damage was something he could actually do than having barely.

He is better than mediocre and offers good support to doing many tasks, but only form that is likely most crucial is weremoose because how combat oriented everything is in the game.

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

@chirsg

Just because I'm a Woodie player doesn't mean I don't have stakes in him as a character or the game as a whole, I think that's important to realize. I still want to see all players realized and balanced well, but I do think the actual fun and interest of Woodie players is what should be prioritized. 

But what I do have stakes in is forum health, and the main reason I was even arguing was because I felt you were just being antagonizing and rude earlier. You have plenty of reason to be passionate, obviously you don't want something that is fun and important to you being screwed up. However, seeing somebody who doesn't align with your opinion being ridiculed just comes off toxic. Acting like your opinions are objective truths doesn't foster a good environment for actual engaging discussion.

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

This is where I take issue sure grass and monster meat are very common but so is nightmare fuel. While living logs are relatively common via the grotto and very common when tree guards spawn more often as the day count increases so much so I use dark swords as my default weapon on Maxwell most of the time. This is also before considering Woodie has a skill to help farm living logs now. Dark Swords are equally grossly cheap for how readily available they are. 

Nightmare fuel and living logs can be pretty accessible, but that accessibility doesn't make them cheap. And while I think it's a bit of a disservice to focus too much on material costs, when Weremoose has other costs with not being able to use items, sanity + hunger drain, I think it's disingenuous to say dark swords are cheap.

Farming nightmare creatures for fuel and killing treeguards for living logs, on top of prototyping at a shadow manipulator is a much bigger task than harvesting grass and killing hounds or spiders for monster meat. Later in the game these resources will be a lot more abundant for sure, but in the early game - and especially for more inexperienced players - getting dark swords is a lot more challenging. It reads like the issue with Woodie is that he doesn't scale very well with the game. And I'd agree that his transformations should have a better way of scaling, I don't like the idea of his perks becoming useless in the endgame. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

@chirsg

Just because I'm a Woodie player doesn't mean I don't have stakes in him as a character or the game as a whole, I think that's important to realize. I still want to see all players realized and balanced well, but I do think the actual fun and interest of Woodie players is what should be prioritized. 

But what I do have stakes in is forum health, and the main reason I was even arguing was because I felt you were just being antagonizing and rude earlier. You have plenty of reason to be passionate, obviously you don't want something that is fun and important to you being screwed up. However, seeing somebody who doesn't align with your opinion being ridiculed just comes off toxic. Acting like your opinions are objective truths doesn't foster a good environment for actual engaging discussion.

Nightmare fuel and living logs can be pretty accessible, but that accessibility doesn't make them cheap. And while I think it's a bit of a disservice to focus too much on material costs, when Weremoose has other costs with not being able to use items, sanity + hunger drain, I think it's disingenuous to say dark swords are cheap.

Farming nightmare creatures for fuel and killing treeguards for living logs, on top of prototyping at a shadow manipulator is a much bigger task than harvesting grass and killing hounds or spiders for monster meat. Later in the game these resources will be a lot more abundant for sure, but in the early game - and especially for more inexperienced players - getting dark swords is a lot more challenging. It reads like the issue with Woodie is that he doesn't scale very well with the game. And I'd agree that his transformations should have a better way of scaling, I don't like the idea of his perks becoming useless in the endgame. 

I disagree tree guards are easier to kill than pigmen they only have higher health bars that doesn't mean they're harder realistically only new players who aren't experienced with combat struggle with them just as they struggle with spiders or hounds where they get monsters meat. Also relying on the where moose is a big tax on sanity so if they can't handle nightmare creatures using it it's going to get them killed in the first place. None of the materials to make the Magic Machine are hard to come by for a player with basic knowledge of the game. In theory it might seem harder but it's really not. The other thing to consider is time saved you need to go specific locations to farm monster meat each guard gives you 6 living logs from doing required tasks and nightmare fuel is actively following you your devaluating just how easy dark swords are and why they are so popular 

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

they struggle with spiders or hounds where they get monsters

They need to kill spiders(how do you struggle with a spider)for a prestihatitator too you know the top hat part and i think "basic knowledge" contains you know fighting,  baiting attacks and what not. Digging up graves for red and blue gems is also quite taxing to the mind if someone is unlucky which are also in specific locations the graveyard and one of the forests has a few 

47 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

They need to kill spiders(how do you struggle with a spider)

Ask the many people on pubs I'm sure they won't be happy being asked that though.

50 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Digging up graves for red and blue gems is also quite taxing to the mind if someone is unlucky which are also in specific locations the graveyard and one of the forests has a few 

Using the weremoose without curse embracer is also very taxing on the mind the difference is that immediate cost from digging up graves goes away forever after you get the gems the first time. Also you need to explore to find spiders as well so I don't see the issue there.

5 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

No character should get a skill tree that only focuses one single item, especially an early game item like Torches. Skill trees are meant to make player's gameplay more versatile. Making a 7 point worth skill tree that focuses the most basic item in the game is the exact opposite of versatile.

If they ever give the torch tab to Willow, they at least need to make it work with every light source. Otherwise, it's just a waste of Willow's potential. 

One change I would love to see is Morning Star working with the torch tab. It would be a simple but usefull buff to Wilson's skill tree.

I didn't say she should just get the torch stuff, or that it shouldn't be condensed, just that if any character in the game gets to have those skills, it should be Willow, not Wilson.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

23 hours ago, V2C said:

Woodie skill tree rebalance:

• Increased Treeguard Idol cost of Nightmare Fuel from 1 to 5.
  • Decreased the destruction radius of Werebeaver's Tail Slap skill.
  • Decreased the weremeter consumption of Werebeaver's Tail Slap skill.
  • Increased Hardwood Hat’s durability.
  • Halved the health regeneration guaranteed by the "The Weremoose II" skill.
  • Increased the planar defense granted by Weremoose mastery.
  • Decreased the physical damage dealt by Weremoose mastery’s smashing punch.

I'll probably never understand why the moose's third attack was nerfed, it had good damage but nothing to make it unbalanced, thinking there's a chance you'll get stunned when hit or need to move to avoid a hit. Other changes 10/10

• Like 2

I hope it's not too bad that I'm kind of angry with Klei at the moment... Don't get we wrong, they are still my favorite company, but I was having SO MUCH FUN with the old weremoose... I am VERY disappointed that they made this change.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

I hope it's not too bad that I'm kind of angry with Klei at the moment... Don't get we wrong, they are still my favorite company, but I was having SO MUCH FUN with the old weremoose... I am VERY disappointed that they made this change.

Yeah. I hate to admit it too, but I'm the same.

• Like 2

After some thought I think petal production can work alongside photosynthesis pretty well for balance reasons.

Photosynthesis can help get some early game living logs but stops working underground I assume. 

Petal production offered a lot of utility, maybe too much some may argue, so a balance can be struck between the two. With the existence of photosynthesis we can bring down petal production to even 10 a day if necessary (I'm hoping for 20/15).

Wether they exist as one skill or two (wormwood has one skill left over when maxing out a tree) I hope we can keep some form of petal production and (hopefully lower on the skill path as a single skill).

The biggest loss imo is the now gone stronger relationship with beefalo taming. 

• Like 1

I have a questions regarding support pillars..

During the Ancient Guardian Boss fight you can lure it to smash into the pillars in its own arena… BUT, can you build even more pillars to force it to smash into?

and if you can.. can we have an update so that Clockwork Rooks can be tricked into smashing into them too?