[Game Update] - 565757

3 hours ago, Arcwell said:
  • Carrat followers are now limited to 4 (previously no limit)
  • Attacking Wormwood's followers now dismisses them and leaves their respective crop behind (this wasn't a thing before, right?)

I just realized this means u cant kill ur carrats for leafy meat anymore to potentially make lureplant bulbs? :lol: 

that was the carrat skill’s literal only saving grace. 

What is the point of 4 carrats each dropping 1 food item at ur feet (not directly to inventory, not stacked) every 10 seconds? 

dont max minions deliver stuff directly to ur inventory? Why is this not being applied to carrats? Their only purpose would be cleaning up after giant veggies so why do they work so slowly?

lunar cultivator skills are so confusing why are they so bad? I feel like im crazy :lol:

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:
  • Lureplant costs 1 more compost wrap and 5 less hp
  • Lightbug did not change

Reducing hp cost by 5 and then increasing it by 40. Okay :lol:

assuming the duration did not get changed, 15 hp is just too much for 1 day of light that can easily be killed. 

The saladmander nerfs really are hilarious. 

The saladmanders seem a lot more consistent to immediately attack now when you start an attack within a certain range (but not when you are hit). Sometimes when I attack something too far from one it doesnt respond, but now its consistent which is nice also having their crops drop on death instead of a leafy so u can re summon them is also nice.

The only thing is they dont teleport to you like other followers do when you get too far and they are really slow and you can't circumvent this by summoning a new one to despawn the far ones anymore (tho this only matters if you are cheating the build or have tons of dragonfruit to spare)

Edited by Soul7k
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, goatt said:

Thanks! How much longer is full bloom?

There were no changes to the bloom duration skill in this patch as far as I'm aware.

It makes full bloom last 4.5 days instead of the usual 3.

45 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I just realized this means u cant kill ur carrats for leafy meat anymore to potentially make lureplant bulbs? :lol: 

Yeah... it is an unfortunate loss :(

3 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Here's a DPS comparison of dark sword vs. weremoose slam vs. weremoose animation cancelling from my testing

Keep in mind attack speed in DST is inconsistent, it could be higher or lower at any given time.

• Dark sword: 142.8 DPS
  • Weremoose slam: 148.75 DPS assuming no interruptions
  • Weremoose animation cancel: 148.75 DPS assuming done optimally

Great showcase, personally I think the DPS being so similar between all 3 forms of attacking to be great balance. Understandably these are optimal conditions but ultimately considering how cheap moose is to transform into, I find the changes fine. Would I have been fine with Woodie remaining as he was prior to this hotfix? Yes, I still would have but these nerfs are by no means unfair.

1 hour ago, NNOUS said:

I agree, its just too cheap comparing darkswards with a goose idol. its fitting to be below darkswords, and for fight like df u might need more then 2. 

Your opinion is objectively wrong. Let me explain why you are objectively wrong. 

Even before the nerf to Woodie's smash damage, dark sword DPS still trounced assuming you were wearing the celestial crown. Let's up the ante and put the brightshade helmet and the lightsaber into the mix and you're dealing big boy damage.

With the scythe and the void kit, you're doing damage in the 90's which out DPS's the idol.

One idol is good for one fight. A dark sword is good for MANY days. 

I'll let you in on a secret. Are you ready?
Get ready. This one is a big one. 

A majority of the time spent in Don't Starve Together isn't in combat!

If you have a Dark sword as a day to day weapon for self defence, you can go very long periods without having to transform into moose. Even more so when you just so happen to fill your stomach; it is a waste of food.

It is cheaper to hold a dark sword for niche combat situations.

What's special about old moose is that for BIG battles, you can go moose and wreak havoc for one instance of combat, granted, a big instance of combat, which is ok because A majority of the time spent in Don't Starve Together isn't in COMBAT!

It's nice to be able to hulk out on the odd occasion, but it's detrimental to be used day to day as your default combat go to, especially in the late game because you're going to want to keep your sanity high to smoothly do chores. 

Having the old damage provided Woodie with a unique option in his combat repertoire and what was even more special is that Woodie could apply weremoose in situations where other characters would elect to use brightshade gear. I appreciate that option so much because you actually play different to other characters.

Now, what the hell is the point? It's more optimal to kit up in brightshade gear or void gear because it's better than your innate unique option.

That sir is why your opinion is wrong.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Ive been playing since original DS, I made this account to comment for the first time ever, in solidarity about how cruel the woodie nerf is. If you have to take away the hardwood hat buff, i wont be mad. we almost had a decent thing going. ive been a woodie kid through thick and thin, but dang. having two specialized wereforms being outdone by the human form has been immersive breaking. i should be use to it, but just getting a taste of mid to late game useable weremoose and then have it taken away hurts a lil. 

Edited by Ironkid
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NNOUS said:

I am sure im not the only one see you as a big troll. 

have a nice day.

Yes. Attack me instead of my argument. You can go after me because of how dramatic I can be, but my points make sense. I'm waiting for your constructed rebuttal, mate. 

The nerf made no sense and I basically proved it to you. You won't accept this because you'd rather be perceived as correct than concede and be happy. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, V2C said:

Now that Support Pillars are functional, other “structures” will no longer block cave ins.

Nice! Finally, good game design. I love survival threats actually being survival threats.

• Like 5

I mean to be fair, after seeing like six people all jump me for suggesting a nerf, I also would not really continue the discussion past "I also think that weremoose should have been nerfed"

@chirsg

Also an opinion cannot be objectively wrong. Unless it is an opinion about a fact (which this is not) it can't be "objectively wrong"

Also your rant was pretty silly mate, I wouldn't respond to it either.

• Like 5
  • Shopcat 1

8 minutes ago, IAmAFurrz said:

Klei 'balancing' skill trees as they proceed to not touch wolfgang even once, trippling down on his garbage design:

Wolfgang’s skill tree doesn’t need any balance, nothing in it is op or anything near that 

• Wavey 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 minutes ago, carinhauwu said:

I think it doesnt work when it's raining or on a snowy day

I tested both of these to be sure and Wormwood heals in both situations.

If you're not healing during rain/snow, make sure you're in full bloom (not phase 1 or 2) and that it's not dusk/night.

• Like 1