[Game Update] - 565757

I definitely agree with the nerf to Weremoose's HP regen (and I say that as someone planning to main Woodie after this update, mind you), but I don't think nerfing the slam's damage was necessary. It's not something you're going to use in every fight since some enemies either can't consistently be hit three times in a row (sanity monsters, namely, since they teleport away) or will break the combo by hitting you first (which is also typically the case when facing multiple opponents), and you're putting yourself more at risk of getting hit if you go for the slam anyway, so I feel like it should be more of a reward than just an extra hit's damage. 

As for Wormwood's changes, I still feel like his berry bush crafting perks need to just be merged into one (since taking both means that one will necessarily be a wasted pick depending on which type your world has), and the health regen from being in full bloom is just pitiful. It requires full daylight, doesn't work with a dwarf star (unlike farm plants growing at night, which is strange), and also requires full bloom, and on top of that, it's at the end of a perk tree. Shouldn't it be better than what seemed like 5 HP a minute? It doesn't need to make him good at combat, but it's so slow that it's not even useful for producing resources (lure plants, living logs, lunar saplings, etc) using health. Right now, it only gives Wormwood enough for two living logs per day, and that's assuming a full day of sunlight, which you won't get by default settings (and can't even supplement with the farm plant-growing Star Caller's Staff). Doubling the health gained over time and letting us use a dwarf star/Lux Aeterna as a source of sunlight would make it substantially more worth using your perk points for.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pedro cc said:

bruh the healing is too garbage I can heal more with 3 pieces of rot in most situations

You forget that this is a passive treatment. You are treated during the battle, during the investigation, cutting trees and other .it is free and does not take time, you can also be treated with manure at this time, and you will be in the black

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cybers2001 said:

And yet the strong man without perks has less dps than a fragile girl with a  pissed off cow and a dead sister.

...you can get 2x on day 1 as Wolfgang but you can't get Ornery Beefalo+ War Saddle on day 1. Wendy actually requires effort to get that high damage output, Wolfgang get it for free.

10 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Wanda have teleport to everywhere from anywhere and the best weapon with a whip range. She is good both at fight AND exploring, which is bones of DST gameplay.

She needs shadow magic to actually get 1.75x damage modifier. And she needs to stay above 65 years old for Wolfgang level output, but a lot of time you end up like 71 yo and being very vulnerable because you want to stay as old Wanda. The backtrek watch takes even more time to set up and it's somewhat RNG based.

Wolfgang gets his 2x on day 1 for free, all you need to maintain it is some rocks and twigs for a dumbell. Yes Wanda is good but I'd say she's still harder to play than Wolfgang because of her age mechanics.

42 minutes ago, _zwb said:

...you can get 2x on day 1 as Wolfgang but you can't get Ornery Beefalo+ War Saddle on day 1. Wendy actually requires effort to get that high damage output, Wolfgang get it for free.

She needs shadow magic to actually get 1.75x damage modifier. And she needs to stay above 65 years old for Wolfgang level output, but a lot of time you end up like 71 yo and being very vulnerable because you want to stay as old Wanda. The backtrek watch takes even more time to set up and it's somewhat RNG based.

Wolfgang gets his 2x on day 1 for free, all you need to maintain it is some rocks and twigs for a dumbell. Yes Wanda is good but I'd say she's still harder to play than Wolfgang because of her age mechanics.

Okay, so? You’re just delaying your boss-soloing by 20 days. Then you get an infinite-durability darksword that lets you move faster than a wolfgang on cobblestone road, and in plenty of time to kill a few raid bosses before deerclops shows up.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 1

Damn, there really *is* an anti-Woodie conspiracy! The fact that Weremoose can *only* punch and charge and move is a *HUGE* disadvantage, not to mention the fact that in order for Woodie to become Weremoose in the first place he needs to go through the hoops of crafting, eating, transforming, then to become Woodie again he needs to run away, stand still and wait, then if you didn't pay attention/ mistimed it/something went wrong when you ate the idol you have to deal with low/0 hunger. Wanda needs comparable levels of micromanagement, admittedly putting herself more at risk, but she can still use any of the million things in the game in a pinch. I really don't understand the Woodie nerf. I would be fine with a Weremoose that when fully maxed out could just barely make it out alive after soloing the Dragonfly (with walls) if played perfectly, which couldn't be done even before this nerf. Pity, because I love Woodie but never play him without mods, and thus kinda end up never playing him, because the whole transformation hassle never felt really worth it at the end of the day, and that could change pre nerf - I'm sure others had/will have the same experience.

I love most of the changes to Wormwood, including the use of ipecaca as shadow snare mentioned above (it's so thematic! poison expert!) although I agree with others that his summons are pretty terrible, petal production should be merged with flower power, and his crafts should be like (all saplings),(grass tufts), (all berry bushes), monkeytails, lureplants, or maybe even something like (all seeds, including tree seeds - eliminating the need for him to keep a bird caged), (all saplings + grass tufts), (all berry bushes), monkeytails, lureplants.

Edited by devourerofsugar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cybers2001 said:

Okay, so? You’re just delaying your boss-soloing by 20 days. You can still kill quite a few of them before deerclops shows up.

Set up time is certainly a very important factor when measuring character strength. Wurt can shred bosses in seconds with merms, but few people play her, why? It takes so long to set up and actually get the high damage of output. By the time you get warrior merns set up, Wolfgang already killed Ancient Guardian, Dragonfly, Bee Queen and Fuel Weaver. The same goes for Wendy, it takes time to set up, not like she spawns in with an Ornery Beefalo or something.(and untamed beefalo only deals 34 damage)

One thing I forgot to mention, animation cancelling is highly latency dependent and Abigail just dies too quickly when the boss has AOE, so you can't get that high damage output in every situation. Wolfgang gets 2x all the time as long as he has some twigs and rocks.

14 hours ago, V2C said:

Now that Support Pillars are functional, other “structures” will no longer block cave ins.

Good to know I have even LESS reason to do any of the shadow content. I mean, I already didn't need convincing to ignore it, but the reinforcement is noted.

• Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, Ryusuta said:

Good to know I have even LESS reason to do any of the shadow content. I mean, I already didn't need convincing to ignore it, but the reinforcement is noted.

hey there! could you explain what you mean? It should be noted I also didn't get what the line you quote means :S

Edited by devourerofsugar

2 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Set up time is certainly a very important factor when measuring character strength. Wurt can shred bosses in seconds with merms, but few people play her, why? It takes so long to set up and actually get the high damage of output. By the time you get warrior merns set up, Wolfgang already killed Ancient Guardian, Dragonfly, Bee Queen and Fuel Weaver. The same goes for Wendy, it takes time to set up, not like she spawns in with an Ornery Beefalo or something.(and untamed beefalo only deals 34 damage)

Fewer people play Wurt because she’s a locked character. Also, last I heard of any stat on the matter, Wendy was the *most* popular character, and more than twice as popular as Wolfgang, so… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2 minutes ago, _zwb said:

One thing I forgot to mention, animation cancelling is highly latency dependent and Abigail just dies too quickly when the boss has AOE, so you can't get that high damage output in every situation. Wolfgang gets 2x all the time as long as he has some twigs and rocks.

Are you actually using animation cancelling as part of the basis of your balancing argument? Jesus tap-dancing christ.

• Like 2

Just now, devourerofsugar said:

hey there! could you explain what you mean, because I didn't get what the line you quote means?

It means that the new shadow content is extremely underwhelming and NOT EVEN CLOSE to worthwhile for the added hassle it adds.

2 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

It means that the new shadow content is extremely underwhelming and NOT EVEN CLOSE to worthwhile for the added hassle it adds.

Oh, you mean the shadow rift stuff? I think it's pretty awesome! Might I interest you in weaving the scythe bat bat skin then going Void Cowl + Void Scythe + Bat Bat Scythe? :3 Plus, you already had to do some dodging during earthquakes( which, remember, can be turned off anyways!) and now with the pillars there's a solution, but even without them there are now so many characters that can just mine a huge area of boulders in seconds without using weather pains! You can never have too many rocks! 

On a more serious note, one extra reason I think the rift content is amazing is that, with the use of options, the game now can cater to an expanding player base that includes both the people who want an easier time and those who want a harder time, which is important because it influences positively the game's community, direction and longevity.

Just now, devourerofsugar said:

Oh, you mean the shadow rift stuff? I think it's pretty awesome! Might I interest you in weaving the scythe bat bat skin then going Void Cowl + Void Scythe + Bat Bat Scythe? :3 Plus, you already had to do some dodging during earthquakes( which, remember, can be turned off anyways!) and now with the pillars there's a solution, but even without them there are now so many characters that can just mine a huge area of boulders in seconds without using weather pains! You can never have too many rocks! 

On a more serious note, one extra reason I think the rift content is amazing is that, with the use of options, the game now can cater to an expanding player base that includes both the people who want an easier time and those who want a harder time, which is important because it influences positively the game's community, direction and longevity.

The scythe is about the only thing even remotely decent, and again... not worth the hassle, in my opinion. I just resent the idea of an update going out of its way to make existing content less fun and convenient to maintain.

See also: Brightshade Plants.

Thank you for responding and improving Wormwood. Unfortunately, so far the salamanders do not understand well when to attack, and when to sleep, I think you will finalize this by the release. I really liked the laxative, quite beneficial to use it.

Photosynthesis seems rather weak to me, I would like the frequency of HP recovery to be higher, and it would not be bad to have HP recovery in the evening.

You can add the interaction of photosynthesis with a star. 

Edited by Danila6300