[Game Update] - 565757

5 minutes ago, Merefailninja said:

honestly he feels more balanced this way now.  now i gotta heal after fighting the daywalker instead of being at full health after being smacked 12 times. also damage seems fine to me just hits differentimage.thumb.jpeg.c595827513dc533857f13ffe32b0b7ca.jpeg

Please don’t encourage the devs to keep it this way…

• Like 5

Thank you so much for listening to the community Klei! You guys are the best.

Now, regarding wormwoods new/changed perks, here are some of my humble thoughts:

- The bee kind is perfect as it is now to me! This new feature synergizes very well with wormood.

- I share the same feelings of the community regarding the fruit fly perk, it is just uninsteresting because there is no reason to keep fighting the Lord of the Fruit Flies. His loot is uninstereing (unless you intend to change his drops) and it is not that hard to spawn him.

- The Photosynthesis is an amazing idea, but I think it needs to be kinda tuned up because of the amount of points to be invested. Just like some people said here, it would be very cool if, in addition to the HP regen, Wormwoods hunger's drain gets slower during the day. This also synergizes very well with his blooming .

*** still wishing for a perk that allows Wormwood to farm moonsrhooms***

Overall, the patch is really exciting and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Also, a shoutout to the new amazing soundtrack when you open the game. Props to the artists!

• Like 1

Just now, twitchgabo said:

Thank you so much for listening to the community Klei! You guys are the best.

Now, regarding wormwoods new/changed perks, here are some of my humble thoughts:

- The bee kind is perfect as it is now to me! This new feature synergizes very well with wormood.

- I share the same feelings of the community regarding the fruit fly perk, it is just uninsteresting because there is no reason to keep fighting the Lord of the Fruit Flies. His loot is uninstereing (unless you intend to change his drops) and it is not that hard to spawn him.

- The Photosynthesis is an amazing idea, but I think it needs to be kinda tuned up because of the amount of points to be invested. Just like some people said here, it would be very cool if, in addition to the HP regen, Wormwoods hunger's drain gets slower during the day. This also synergizes very well with his blooming .

*** still wishing for a perk that allows Wormwood to farm moonsrhooms***

Overall, the patch is really exciting and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Also, a shoutout to the new amazing soundtrack when you open the game. Props to the artists!

What about woodie, he got basically nothing but nerfs…:wilson_cry:

• Like 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

What about woodie, he got basically nothing but nerfs…:wilson_cry:

Unfortunately, people who play X character can't always speak for character Y.

I have absolutely no eggs in the Wormwood basket as I don't play him, so I can't offer any comment that is valuable. 

I think people who don't play a character shouldn't really comment on what is balanced on a character whom they don't play. 

We shouldn't really try to convince people to blindly fight for our side. We can only guide them. 

45 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

Please don’t encourage the devs to keep it this way…

Don't listen to him btw. New account. It's a shill account. Trust me. This person probably has an alt with a VPN to quash organic concerns about the character. 

• Shopcat 1

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Unfortunately, people who play X character can't always speak for character Y.

I have absolutely no eggs in the Wormwood basket as I don't play him, so I can't offer any comment that is valuable. 

I think people who don't play a character shouldn't really comment on what is balanced on a character whom they don't play. 

We shouldn't really try to convince people to blindly fight for our side. We can only guide them. 

Don't listen to him btw. New account. It's a shill account. Trust me. This person probably has an alt with a VPN to quash organic concerns about the character. 

true, I'm just VERY concerned that Klei isn't going to listen to us... The anticipation is killing me!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chirsg said:

What a conspiracy theory.

sometimes people disagree, maybe he’s just… new to the forums?

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1

Logging in to the Klei forums for the first time since 2013 to ask the devs to revert the Woodie nerfs. He's been suboptimal to play since his original rework and the skill tree you guys gave him was a great addition which made him a viable pick. These nerfs are totally unnecessary, Woodie being unable to use items/equipment while transformed is already a huge limiter in itself. 

Thank you and have a blessed day.

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

1 minute ago, Fork said:

Logging in to the Klei forums for the first time since 2013 to ask the devs to revert the Woodie nerfs. He's been suboptimal to play since his original rework and the skill tree you guys gave him was a great addition which made him a viable pick. These nerfs are totally unnecessary, Woodie being unable to use items/equipment while transformed is already a huge limiter in itself. 

You, my friend, are what is known as the GOAT!

Edited by CyberSkink

39 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I think this entire thing has driven chirsg genuinely insane.

insane =/= incorrect.

I operate on a level you can't even imagine.

22 minutes ago, Fork said:

Based Fork.

image.thumb.png.c243c76f8a9de12f20194a16a2426959.png

Klei can't bribe me from the righteous path. You could give me head skins every day I would unweave and re-weave them into the exact same one.

You think this means something? I want Woodie's old damage back. The skins and the spools are worthless to me. Take them all.
P.S. Klei, you still owe me spools for the Wigfrid diadem I want refunded.

• Haha 1

Hi! Apologies for the bad english ♥

I've never been a fan of woodie, his perks always felt somewhat underwhelming compared to the rest of the cast (especially after the maxwell rework, which turned him from my favourite character into my favouritest character), the skill tree really had me going though! I LOVE that you must make a choice between his beaver and moose form being really good (if you don't count the use of the celestial portal, which i don't, i think it's always been a silly mechanic, that's just me though, i just don't use it) and i'm seriously considering playing him for the first time since i first picked up the game. Once again klei keeps to take care of us and i couldn't be thankful enough (I love you).
That said, I feel somewhat conflicted about the woodie nerf; i understand where it's coming from, turning into a moose isn't much of an investment and the payoff is incredible, especially the health regen and i guess using the moose form doesn't demand as much mechanical skill as max DPSing with maxwell or wanda (and dst should be somewhat "hard" to play, it's what makes the game fun) . But i was SO EXCITED about him finally being a good (if not great) character, be it as a fighter or a gatherer (in my opinion he should be the best wood gatherer in the game but maxwell still holds that title unfortunately) and even if it's silghtly overtuned i wouldn't mind him being on the top of the tier list for once. He's still in WAY better shape than he ever was but Late game, his entire combat kit pretty much loses all relevance, especially with the new gear basically making him a wilson clone (correct me if i'm wrong but i think that still applies pre-nerfs).
Even then, i think woodie has always been one of the best "noob pick", having access to night vision alone makes him really enticing to new players and i think there's a space for such design to exist and the new moose form will definitely attract tons of new players to his kit (high mitigation, health regen, night vision) and make him a really good character to learn mob/boss mechanics. I don't personnaly see a problem with a character being great in the early game but losing steam in the late game (i guess there's a point to be made about the resource investment being so minimal that it makes him a great character late game aswell). Overall i think the nerfs are a bit too tough on our canadian friend, even if he was "too easy" to play before them. I don't think that's a bad thing, you can always achieve more dps with harder to play characters but making him an option for newer players feels really good to me game-design wise and makes the game a bit more accesible (and i always want to have a reason to convince my friends to play). Let's also not forget that wigfrid exists and she pretty much encourages the same kind of gameplay and newer people LOVE her.
I guess the point i'm trying to make is that "noob-friendly" characters should always be welcome, veterans will always find ways to optimize and raise the skill cieling (animation canceling and such) and in a PvE game balance isn't all that important. I'll play him wether he gets nerfed or not i just think he became that interesting. Oh and also, JUSTICE FOR MOOSE

Love you all, love you klei, you guys are still the best company and have one of the best community of players (even if we fight and bicker, it comes from a place of pure love and i think we can all agree on that)

(oh and amazing job on the wormwood changes, i still don't get the lord of the fruitflies perk but that's fine, not all perks should be good even if all of them being good really makes chosing interesting)

Edited by laboule

Just wanted to make a suggestion about Wilson, hopefully someone will read my comment.

I agree that the torch skill tree is very... limiting, I also don't see it being of great help to the team as there are lanterns and miner helmets for that, precisely because of that I don't even touch these torch perks.

I'm not going to lie, but this perk is useless and doesn't suit Wilson, I think potion making would help the whole team more. The transmutations are good but you don't see someone not picking up a Wendy, Wanda, Webber or Wigfrid to pick up a Wilson because of the transmutations, the other characters have more to add to the team than transmuting 6 rot into manure,

So here are my thoughts:

Replacement of torch perks for potion maker. Only one potion effect at a time, not being able to use them all in sequence.

Potion Maker 1
Jejum Potion |Duration: Y seconds|
* Hunger is drained more slowly by X%
* Does not take damage from hunger.
* Consumes X sanity when drinking the potion.

Potion Maker 2 
Rotten Poison |Duration: Y seconds|
* Can be thrown on the ground, creating an area of poison that deals X damage per second. and
quickly rots foods that are in the area of the poison
* Can be placed on food.

Potion Maker 3
Cold Medicine |Duration Y seconds|
* Refreshes the one who drank it.
* Resistance to fire damage by X%
* Vulnerable to cold and freezing attacks.

Potion Maker 4
Sun in the bottle |Duration Y seconds|
* Warms the one who drank it.
* Resist cold damage by X%
* Makes the drinker's body glow
* Vulnerable to heat and fire damage.

Potion Maker 5
Herculean Potion |Duration Y seconds|
* Allows you to carry statues with reduced penalty.
* Allows to wear pig backpack without penalty.
* Allows you to wear marble armor without penalty.

Potion Maker 6
Greatest Work of All Time |Duration Y seconds|
* Changes according to affinity

* Shadow: Drinking causes the character's shadow to become detached from the body, the shadow
acts autonomously. It attracts all surrounding creatures and removes all sanity penalties from the character
without shadow. 
*Loses life when exposed to sunlight.

* Lunar: When drinking it cannot be affected by effects such as sleep and the Enlightenment effect is reduced by X%.
* Gains a lot of sanity when the effect of the potion is in effect on a full moon..

All potions need a glass jar, made with moon shard,
The glass jars are not lost by having the potion drunk.
Add beards to potions, for more science, it's only gross when it's not yours.

the perks form a pentagram with the sixth perk in the middle of the pentagram.

Edited by henrique.cardoz
I left several spelling mistakes and forgot to add some other things, I'm sorry.