[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

2 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

That Bilibili link together with its captcha is the closest thing we have gotten to a new Metheus puzzle in quite a while.

It asks you to click some Chinese characters in a particular order

Unrelated, how do I go about getting a full spool refund for weaving wigfrid's helmet prepatch?

I don't know who to message because it's not something with a dollar value great enough to get another skin, but I'd appreciate getting the full 1350 than getting the mere 450 and being at a loss.

28 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Unrelated, how do I go about getting a full spool refund for weaving wigfrid's helmet prepatch?

I don't know who to message because it's not something with a dollar value great enough to get another skin, but I'd appreciate getting the full 1350 than getting the mere 450 and being at a loss.

Start a thread, visiting the bug portal or go to customer support? It appears to be a sensible course of action, especially considering that comments have been blocked on all the current update threads. If they are block the thread/post, it's still worth getting the message across regarding the refund.

Now that Klei have offered you guys refunds, could all of this just end? What else do you need? You know, just complaining all day here is really not gonna solve anything but make others unpleasant? Please, bring your reasonable advice and we all sit down and have a serious discussion for this. What do you think?

Just now, webberer said:

Now that Klei have offered you guys refunds, could all of this just end? What else do you need? You know, just complaining all day here is really not gonna solve anything but make others unpleasant? Please, bring your reasonable advice and we all sit down and have a serious discussion for this. What do you think?

They mishandled the situation by not considering the refund option from the beginning when they were contemplating changing the skin. It would have been better if they had taken the time to gather more information and carefully think through their decision, as it seems rather unreasonable.

10 minutes ago, webberer said:

What else do you need?

Here's a post on a Chinese forum answered this exact question.

They asked for:

• Refund, either money or spools
  • Answer the questions from Chinese players directly instead of locking posts
  • JoeW's apology
  • Some also asked for both skins to be added so the player can choose

Quite reasonable.

3 minutes ago, webberer said:

I find it interesting that the chinese playerbase is as disgruntled as it is over this.

I'm certain that the chinese eclipse all the other player bases combined globally. 

It's a combination of steps that seems to be alienating the chinese playerbase. Not sure if the forums is the best place to discuss, but it's interesting to get some insight on it.

For the record, I haven't received a refund yet. Granted, it's just spools I want as I didn't pay a dollar value.

I've been reading some chinese sentiments that demand the skin gets changed back to what it was before it was pointed out that it was a six sided star, which by the way looks nothing like the star of david.

If we had to remove every single thing that shares features with certain symbols, we wouldn't be able to enjoy anything ever again. 

I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

What are you talking about?

If klei doesn't change the circle on the Valkyrie's helmet to a hexagon, he is bow to Political correctness, which makes me very angry as a Chinese player.I will appeal to my friends who play Don't Starve to protest against this practice.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

I knew this was gonna happen when that original post looking to change the wigfrid skin happened... Klei whether they admit it or not has shown religious bias by changing that skin. That religious bias is what people are mad about.

They shouldnt have changed it... and to prevent arguements between people is a poor reason to change a skin. Now they have caused even more outrage by trying to contain it.

agree  with  you

I'm really tired of all this arguing and talking. Even if you don't like it, it's not a reason to organize a crusade. I bet on my salary that if there wasn't that "subtext", then 80% would be happy about this change, since these skins are associated with the moon and not with the stars. These disputes only spoil the mood of all parties to the conflict, but most importantly, they directly harm development. Since developers spend time on them and not on the game (they could have spent it on working on a Crossover). Then do not pay attention to why the release of the update was delayed. I really love this game and its community, and it's hard for me to watch how the skin change made everyone bite each other1190138024_65_20230628144257.thumb.png.5888a1444e9f3a079f7fd852010219e7.png

1 hour ago, Maxposting said:

"How dare the site moderator ban posts that were insincere and hateful?"

Honestly though, this site has one of the better moderation practices.

I 100% agree with moderating completely senseless and hateful posts but no one was overly rude or anti-semitic on the original topic. I teased abit about how ludicrous it was people getting offended by a regular star (it looks nothing like the symbol they thought it looked like) when there are darker and more potentially offensive themes in DST.

57 minutes ago, webberer said:

现在Klei已经向你们提供了退款,这一切可以结束吗?你还需要什么?你知道,只是在这里整天抱怨真的解决不了任何问题,只会让别人不愉快吗?请提出您的合理建议,我们都坐下来认真讨论。你觉得怎么样?

科雷把我们发的帖子封的封删的删,你让我们怎么说话?

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Klei whether they admit it or not has shown religious bias by changing that skin. That religious bias is what people are mad about.

That's not the reason Klei changed the skin at all. They had stated the reason for the change was not because of offending someone. Thier real reason for the change was:

"to not leave small things people would argue over for no reason"

This meaning to stop people talking about pointless arguments. 

7 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

Apparently this only lead to more pointless arguments...

Spoiler

How can I remove a spoiler? I misclicked

7 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

That's not the reason Klei changed the skin at all. They had stated the reason for the change was not because of offending someone. Thier real reason for the change was:

"to not leave small things people would argue over for no reason"

I dont believe that is the real reason sounds like they are deflecting....

Regardless of the reason, it was very badly handled. They should of let the small arguements slide for a day or two and waited until it escalated to jump in. 

Im probably in part to blame for bringing additional attention to the change. My bad Klei, my intention wasnt to excalate it, i wasnt too happy with the religious bias myself tbh but people losing their minds over it is abit too much.

Altho it sounds like for some of the chinese players that this is the straw that broke the camels back. However Klei was right to ban that mod that did paid service stuff.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

If you weaved it, I think going to Klei account -> Transactions and then you look for the item you did weave, there should be a button to reverse that transaction. 

Archived