[Game Update] - 562556

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

people are too sensitive these days.

*corporations.

They could probably get sued and that would be a problem for the image of the company, and also cost a lot of money. And also people making a big stink (which didn't happen, but who knows anymore) which is also a stain. It's way easier to just change the skin and pretend it never happened. Because I refuse to believe Klei saw someone go "it kinda look like the thing" and decided to change it for that person.

And they made sure the new skin looks good, otherwise the forums would have streaked manure like beefalos used to.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, Brago-sama said:

Because the complaint was that it looked lt look like a certain symbol and were asking then to change it

It may have been a simple design but it was their design. I dont see it right when commenters ask to change something about someones drawing bc they dont like it and i dont think it was right of klei to be swayed because of that post

But whatever, whats done is done

Old Charlie design looking offended from the void.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

That religious bias tho.... so scared of appearing anti-semitic

I don't think Klei folds like that (see Warbucks). Someone pointed out how the diadem could have an Alter image which would be on theme, and more interesting than a 6-sided star. I find that explanation more likely.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

play video games, highly highly popular AAA video games that have skins for various different religions, beliefs, relationship preferences, etc.. and trust me I don’t think ANY Big Named gaming company is going to give a flying **** who the skins/characters offend or don’t offend- BECAUSE those skins aren’t Designed FOR those People.
And Honestly- I shouldn’t have a problem with that.

You'd be surprised there's a fair amount of games that go through massive censorship to avoid offending sensibilities and it's all over usually it's done to avoid making certain groups unconfortable even in cases where it probably wouldn't need to and it's not even limited to one part of the world there were legitimate fears in some games about using a cross offending some people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

At this Rate we’re going to be Removing Chinese New Year, Christmas, Halloween & Easter Themed Skins because people don’t believe in those Holidays. :wilson_facepalm:

they aren't going to do that, just like how people tried to make such a panic about other characters getting removed for being offensive after Warbucks and now we're like 5 years out from that incident and not a single other character has been removed.

this is a nice change, klei. thank you for listening and exercising your right to make the decisions you choose

Edited by sylvia wander o
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed animation layering when attacking with a whip weapon.

The bug seems to be fixed for vanilla characters which is good, but some mod characters I play seem to still have their pigtails bugged? Do these animations use new pigtail symbols or something special to fix the bug?

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

The change looks better and makes more sense I don’t see what the problem is 

Well, Helmet skin and Cuirass skin used to share the same design philosophy, and now they are not. Didn't look as matched as they used to when you use them together.

That and the reason for the change aside I do like this new design.

It's a change in a right direction, just two questions:

1. Could there be an actual eye of the Alter added as well? Or maybe some shading, because for now it looks a little like those head mirrors doctors used to have for examinations ( I mean maybe it's just me, but I just cannot unsee it now).
    image.png.5de7a8602b4d1a788f4dabad5629dea3.png
  2. The Moonbound Wigfrid head skin seems to come with the Moonlight Diadem attached, seems like an unintended feature.
    image.png.f426b0ce271888516be83aec8fdebe7b.png

Edit: While I'm at it I just wanted to appreciate the design of the Moonbound Winona skin. My favourite one out of this whole set (Wigfrid would probably be my second, love the hair and color palette of both).

Edited by Sapientis
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

The Moonbound Wigfrid head skin seems to come with the Moonlight Diadem attached, seems like an unintended feature.

That's definitely a bug, it happened with Walter's Lunar skin where his sailor hat would appear.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Edit: While I'm at it I just wanted to appreciate the design of the Moonbound Winona skin. My favourite one out of this whole set (Wigfrid would probably be my second, love the hair and color palette of both).

I loved the new batch of moon skins, especially Winona's crystal heels (although I wish that they where foot skins not leg skins).

This sure is a ridiculous situation. 
A small little change of somebody who didn't even make it out to be a big deal but a simple proposition and the forums make it a mountain out of a molehill. 
From satire to straight up bullying. Grow up. And move on with your lifes. Suck up the change. 

The reason why we lose such things as this is because of people treating each other horribly and therefore klei has to take action.. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, PunkShark said:

This sure is a ridiculous situation. 
A small little change of somebody who didn't even make it out to be a big deal but a simple proposition and the forums make it a mountain out of a molehill. 
From satire to straight up bullying. Grow up. And move on with your lifes. Suck up the change. 

The reason why we lose such things as this is because of people treating each other horribly and therefore klei has to take action.. 

New posts are silly and some are trolling, but they do highlight an underlying issue with Klei's half-hearted attempts to appease some socially conscious people. The initial claim that the skin helmet resembles the design of the Star of David is not only far-fetched and baseless (it could simply be someone disliking the new Wigfrid skin), but it also disregards the common sense that style and symbols are not inherently exclusive to a single culture or group of people.
This particular problem is just one among many design issues that have been mishandled, including the WX gender and Warbucks removal threads. Instead of fostering a better understanding of these matters, they simply succumb to the current political climate and hastily delete their original designs and block any discussion. If they intend to cater to every culture and social aspect in the future, it might be better to delete half of the content in the first place.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 4

15 minutes ago, Dreadle said:

Instead of fostering a better understanding of these matters, they simply succumb to the current political climate and hastily delete their original designs and block any discussion. If they intend to cater to every culture and social aspect in the future, it might be better to delete half of the content in the first place.

I will try to address your "complains" in the order that they happened.

Warbucks got scraped because he did not have an actual interesting perk AND people on the forums did not bother with his existence past the two quotes that got changed, so klei decided to remove a character that the "community" ruined (not the people that complained about the racist undertone of the quotes, but the people that complained that Klei decided to take action).

On the wiki, the only mention of a binary gender for Wx-78 was about an early concept, wich did not go through, as there are\were no quotes from said character alluding to that. Even in Together, this never were an issue, given that all characters can Inspect each other and usually address them by some sort of pronoun. Truth to be told, the only time I've seen people complain about it, was because the rework video had shown an androgynous figure (people where trying to dicover if it was a beard or long hair).

And about the Star on Wig's helmet, I do not know why I was a star in the first place, as it don't match the aesthetics of the skin set and some parts of me believe that it was a coincidence rather than a emergency change.

Said that, I do hope that your views on the world changes, as from I can see through post, they are closer to an teenager that thinks "Racism = Funny" and "I'm  so edgy, cus I make jokes about sensitive topics to stangers on the internet".

And no, I will not debate this. Have a great day!

• Like 8

i like the old diadem skin. The new one is a boring circle and there's an unnerving clash.
Star was great. 

Why couldn't the circle be a crescent to be more emblematic of the moon, by the way?

• Like 6

I think Klei opened a door and let someone (in fact only one) go through that door. Everyone saw it. Now Klei try to close the door (in fact they have done it) and don't want others to go through it.

How do Klei try to explain it? Privilege? Discrimination? Unfair? I think some players need a reply.

Although they can explain that it is just coincident. They change it because of the art not other reasons.

You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all the time.

• Like 11
  • Shopcat 3