[Game Update] - 562556

4 minutes ago, Hupo said:

How do Klei try to explain it? Privilege? Discrimination? Unfair? I think some players need a reply.

I do not think you made your thread in good faith, as it literally mimicked the original one. Maybe I am wrong, but then, why are you beckoning klei?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valase said:

Said that, I do hope that your views on the world changes, as from I can see through post, they are closer to an teenager that thinks "Racism = Funny" and "I'm  so edgy, cus I make jokes about sensitive topics to stangers on the internet".

And no, I will not debate this. Have a great day!

???? What is view on the world has anything to do with asking for better communication??? How does that relate to racism???? Till now, Klei has not provided a valid reason for changing the skin. In that case, people might assume the old design was deemed offensive based on one none sense locked thread, and they have the right to ask about it or ask for a refund because it is not what they wanted to buy. Also, why couldn't it just be 5 edge stars instead of 6? Why changed it to a circle? And I'm providing this feedback to the game design and not interested in debate.

Edited by Dreadle
  • Like 8
  • Sanity 2

The only problem I have with the new Moonlight Diadem is the one stray pixel on the left side, it's bugging the heck out of me :(

(Present in-game on the helm skin itself, not just the bugged head skin in this latest patch) @JesseB_Klei Sorry for the ping, I didn't think this was worth making an entire report that'll probably get missed.

StrayPixel.png.afcd0b9341e49da275b0f494487c7891.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

I do not think you made your thread in good faith, as it literally mimicked the original one. Maybe I am wrong, but then, why are you beckoning klei?

Sorry, but I am not good at English, using a template is an easy way to express myself better.

Klei make this game and change the helm skin, so I just want them to give a reply. 

Edited by Hupo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 2

58 minutes ago, Valase said:

Said that, I do hope that your views on the world changes, as from I can see through post, they are closer to an teenager that thinks "Racism = Funny" and "I'm  so edgy, cus I make jokes about sensitive topics to stangers on the internet".

To me, at least, this is a sharp (or gentler, depending on you) criticism, to point out how ridiculous it is.
Klei changed a virtual item that they had already sold. Just because someone doesn't want everyone else to have things they didn't like.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1

2 minutes ago, Hupo said:

Klei make this game and change the helm skin, so I just want them to give a reply

even if klei gives a reply it will just be a lie/fake excuse same way politicians speak which is saying something but not really saying anything.  real reason klei censor the crown is cuz they very scared of controversy and dont have much backbone to stick with the things they make.  there is multiple instances if this happening i will tell u and other in case forgot.

Removing of warbucks. A week before warbucks was removed there was a single topic made of warbucks saying he is a colonizer and colonizers was bad people (which is funny cuz in dont starve all the characters are technically colonizers because they are taking over a foreign land from other species such as pigmen and bunnymen). The fake excuse they gave at first was they removed warbucks cause he was “boring” which  obviously a lie since if characters get removed for being boring they would remove wilson and walani and not make a boring character like winona in dst. they also censored his speech files two times so its pretty obvious he wasnt removed for being boring it was just a lie. Then finally one of their guys joe said half truth which is he removed for being “culturally inappropriate” which still not the full truth. In fact they even said the whole reason they made him was they wanted to have a “racist bad white guy” but then they remove him cause they didnt want that and then what they did? Lol they added wagstaff as a replacement “bad white guy” -racist/colonizer part. Just like all current media only white men can be bad guys obviously

next censor they did was wortox. Wortox is original preview image when he gonna release while hamlet was still going on was actually supposed to be the original design because thats how the preview was but then one single person said how if warbucks getting removed for being insensitive then klei is hypocrite for adding wortox cuz he is based off lucifer a demon and that is insensitive to christians. So what did klei do? Lol they turned wortox into a furry. They didnt say official reply on this but given the track record it is oretty obvious why he was redesigned. To stay away from controversy!

next censoring! The moon penguin and hound. When the moon penguins and hound first added the skin color was like flesh and then a single topic was made some guy was scared they was too horrific and disturbing to them and a few other joined the bandwagon as well. What klei did even tho 99% people was fine with it? They recolored the moon monnster to look less fleshy and they completely scrap making more moon monsters ever again which can see the scrapped varg + koalefant leaked from newhome was intended for moon island and we never got it thanks to that

another one is they gave walter for free when he was supposed to be paid dlc. During the time walter was being made the BLM protests were in full force and klei not wanting to stir any controversy for sellint a black person as dlc made walter free. This truly shows their dedication to wanting to hide from controversy they even willingly lost potential huge money for it. This not a censoring but more of showing they are scared of controversy 

and this is latest censoring klei did which its so obvious and clear as day. If klei replies on this they will 100% give a fake lie exuse why they changed it. But everyone really knows they censored it cause they scared of controversy and the one topic was made cause a single person got “uncomfortable” so they quickly censored it as fast they could!

the main take away from all this is klei has a track record of being very scared of controversy they will axe any content they make if it keeps them out of controversies which is not really a remarkable thing it just shows as a company they are spineless and can be bent to the whim of a single person if the person is “offended” by something they made.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 2
  • Big Ups 1

Exactly, due to various compromises made by Klei, DST is likely transitioning from a unique but interesting game to a popular but mediocre game, which is not what I hope to see. Even worse, some compromises are even completely unnecessary, making DST neither popular nor interesting enough, just to meet the strange needs of a small group of people.

Edited by Ardyn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

7 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

next censoring! The moon penguin and hound. When the moon penguins and hound first added the skin color was like flesh and then a single topic was made some guy was scared they was too horrific and disturbing to them and a few other joined the bandwagon as well. What klei did even tho 99% people was fine with it? They recolored the moon monnster to look less fleshy and they completely scrap making more moon monsters ever again which can see the scrapped varg + koalefant leaked from newhome was intended for moon island and we never got it thanks to that

The penguins have literal visible organs, a recolour is not going to change how disturbing they look like aka that's a reach
You don't know why they didn't add the vargphant or why they didn't continue the corrupted enemies

• Like 4

I can't believe people are making a fuss of this.
I have seen some fair genuine complaints (Changing a skin people have paid for, this issues was brought up multiple times over the names. Note the end table skin.) But the rest feels like childish babble. Very rude to a lot of folks.

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

In fact they even said the whole reason they made him was they wanted to have a “racist bad white guy”

This entire post is actually filled with a lot of misinformation but I really don't have the energy to correct all of it.

I want to clarify this bit is incorrect, Klei never stated they actively wanted a racist character. They stated that the narrative other people created was that they did. People misread this statement a lot.
Klei wasn't intending to make an offensive character, and he wasn't removed for being offensive, rather than how players were perceiving him and abusing each other over. Much like what's currently going on.
You can find it here.
image.thumb.png.3316ef82f3b37f992b401abbcc147aaf.png

Edited by -Variant
Typo.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Klei wasn't intending to make an offensive character, and he wasn't removed for being offensive

That even worse LOL removing a character because people are “perceiving” him. That is the peak of a cowardly and spineless move. Literally every character in this game can be perceived as a bad character and they are all colonizers too even walter is they are stealing foreign land from intelligent indigenous species that lived there first. So automatically all the characters in dont starve are on the same level of being perceived as bad people literally the entire game of dont starve is based on colonization 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

That even worse LOL removing a character because people are “perceiving” him. That is the peak of a cowardly and spineless move. Literally every character in this game can be perceived as a bad character and they are all colonizers too even walter is they are stealing foreign land from intelligent indigenous species that lived there first. So automatically all the characters in dont starve are on the same level of being perceived as bad people literally the entire game of dont starve is based on colonization 

???

• Like 3
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

7 minutes ago, bloopah said:

???

Google definition of colization for u. Every character in dst is a colonizer by definition and the game is a game based off colonization there’s no way around it. You dont even need perceive because this is just actual facts supported by the definition of google

btw before anyone says “pigmen”, “merms”, and “bunnymen” aren’t people they are intelligent humanoid species with sentience and they can be effected by the horrible crime of colonization as well. Their lives matter too.

here for u too, Google supports me the biggest company in the world. @Maxposting

col·o·ni·za·tion
/ˌkälənəˈzāSHən,ˌkäləˌnīˈzāSHən/

noun
  1. the action or process of settling among and establishing control over the indigenous people of an area.
    "Africa boasts a tradition of higher education institutions that predate Western colonization"
Edited by Handsome_Jack
  • Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

That even worse LOL removing a character because people are “perceiving” him. That is the peak of a cowardly and spineless move.

It's not, as second part of reason was people arguing about it and misinterpreting all what developers says about it, to the point of twisting all informations to something else, to the point where discussions were just pointless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

It's not, as second part of reason was people arguing about it and misinterpreting all what developers says about it, to the point of twisting all informations to something else, to the point where discussions were just pointless

It is. Calling the sky green won’t make it green, but I respect your personal belief. God bless you

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

7 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

Google definition of colization for u. Every character in dst is a colonizer by definition and the game is a game based off colonization there’s no way around it. You dont even need perceive because this is just actual facts supported by the definition of google

col·o·ni·za·tion
/ˌkälənəˈzāSHən,ˌkäləˌnīˈzāSHən/

noun
  1. the action or process of settling among and establishing control over the indigenous people of an area.
    "Africa boasts a tradition of higher education institutions that predate Western colonization"

Ah, the Google first result. Unfortunately, you missed the fact that it's foreign control by another country.

image.png.0c97913cfe77b7a329bff0eb5172b3be.png

Seeing that none of the characters are working for a government (and some of them were even born in the Constant) it's safe to say that it's not colonization. Even if they were, it's your decision to enslave the local Pigs, so you yourself would be the colonizer.

Edited by bloopah

1 minute ago, Handsome_Jack said:

It is. Calling the sky green won’t make it green, but I respect your personal belief. God bless you

I don't like the stupid star change either, but Klei doesn't always do what we like (hostile flare... Ugh) and we have to deal with it. Declaring Klei is always bad and spineless and other nonsense because black and white world is easier to comprehend isn't doing anyone any service. They did it, many people expressed their dislike, it's time we move on.

• Like 5
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 6/23/2023 at 12:49 PM, JesseB_Klei said:

Relic Chairs now have the “structure” tag.

How is this relevant in-game? What changes does it make? Could Cawnival statuettes receive a similar change to be placed closer to other structures?

Edited by astroapyr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, astroapyr said:

How is this relevant in-game? What changes does it make? Could Cawnival statuettes receive the same change to be placed closer to other structures?

I think it means that things that try to ignore structures like rifts now also take chairs into consideration 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

here for u too, Google supports me the biggest company in the world. @Maxposting

my point is that you are reading into just one of don't starve's features and trying to support your own case.

Not to mention, what bloopah said; Don't Starve's characters are a vessel for the player's actions, if you choose to literally colonize Constant, that is your own will you are extending onto the game, not the character's you're playing.

4 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

How is this relevant in-game? What changes does it make? Could Cawnival statuettes receive the same change to be placed closer to other structures?

the structure tag prevents nearby tree regrowth, blocks klaus sack spawns and various other features.

Edited by Maxposting
  • Like 5