[Game Update] - 562556

• Developer

Changes

• Confirmation popup will now show when using controllers to make the offering to Beckoning Hand or Grainy Transmission.
  • Relic Chairs now have the “structure” tag.
  • Brightshade Bomb explosions will now draw aggro.
  • Brightshade Bomb explosions can now be used to destroy Dreadstone Outcrops.
  • Wigfrid’s Moonbound artwork and Moonlight Diadem have been adjusted.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed animation layering when wearing Void Cowl or Brightshade Helm.
  • Fixed animation layering when attacking with a whip weapon.
  • Fixed minor animation bugs with Antlion, Dragonfly and Ryftstal.
  • Fixed an issue with the server creation screen not accepting both types of Steam Group IDs.
  • Fixed an issue where fissures were set to None in world generation settings having no fissures for the Ink Blights to spawn.

Notes for Modders

• For hats that replace the head (like Void Cowl or Brightshade Helm)
    • When equipping on players: owner.AnimState:UseHeadHatExchange(true)
    • When unequipping on players: owner.AnimState:UseHeadHatExchange(false)

Known Issues

• Wigfrid's Moonbound head is always wearing the Moonlight Diadem this has been fixed internally pending next patch release.

View full update

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 3

5 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

• Wigfrid’s Moonbound artwork and Moonlight Diadem have been adjusted.

That religious bias tho.... so scared of appearing anti-semitic but dont care about features that go against my catholic religion... Nice Klei :wilsondisapproving:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 2
  • Shopcat 2

Just now, Primalflower said:

hows it lame?

Because the complaint was that it looked lt look like a certain symbol and were asking then to change it

It may have been a simple design but it was their design. I dont see it right when commenters ask to change something about someones drawing bc they dont like it and i dont think it was right of klei to be swayed because of that post

But whatever, whats done is done

• Like 17
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

not very important to change in promos, since next update gonna likely have new skins?

it's important for a promo/advert to be accurate 

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

21 minutes ago, RainBO_OM said:

this battle helmet change is so bad and not fair tho, people was waiting 3 years for new helmet skin and now it got changed from cool star to boring circle? after two weeks after release T_T 

I think the new design is a lot more interesting and fitting. I found the old design more boring as it was just one basic shape. The new design has more things going on.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, lenship2 said:

the new design is unironically better than the old one imo, even outside the context of its addition

I doubt it was even in the context you assume. It was weird not seeing Alter on a skin with an emblem of sorts.

• Big Ups 1

38 minutes ago, RainBO_OM said:

this battle helmet change is so bad and not fair tho, people was waiting 3 years for new helmet skin and now it got changed from cool star to boring circle? after two weeks after release T_T 

I like it, I might be the DiCaprio pointing meme when it comes to lore in this game but I like that it features Alter's design now

image.png.9e98bf4ebc2599e50a5da78cd64182fd.png image.png.4f0d0b49e330892360e9c53aa5e9e7fa.png

• Like 12
  • Health 2

30 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Yeah kinda lame how that one post sparked the change (and you cant tell me it didnt, too coincidental) buuut i do like the new design

I play video games, highly highly popular AAA video games that have skins for various different religions, beliefs, relationship preferences, etc.. and trust me I don’t think ANY Big Named gaming company is going to give a flying **** who the skins/characters offend or don’t offend- BECAUSE those skins aren’t Designed FOR those People.
And Honestly- I shouldn’t have a problem with that.

At this Rate we’re going to be Removing Chinese New Year, Christmas, Halloween & Easter Themed Skins because people don’t believe in those Holidays. :wilson_facepalm:
The worlds just gone far too sensitive these days.. people can’t even take a JOKE but yet… we can Legalize Drugs across many states. Hmm.. and we wonder WHY people are too sensitive these days.

However- I wonder if Klei took into account the people who bought the skins for what they looked like at release, and then suddenly have that skin changed cause of a few belief complaints?

I suppose the Alternative could’ve been having it completely removed from the game altogether, but overall the decision doesn’t sit well with me at all and seems like something a Small Indie Gaming Studio would do to try and please their fans the best they can.

But I guarantee you if This was EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Hi-Rez Etc.. they wouldn’t have even entertained the thought of changing it.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 7
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I play video games, highly highly popular AAA video games that have skins for various different religions, beliefs, relationship preferences, etc.. and trust me I don’t think ANY Big Named gaming company is going to give a flying **** who the skins/characters offend or don’t offend- BECAUSE those skins aren’t Designed FOR those People.
And Honestly- I shouldn’t have a problem with that.

At this Rate we’re going to be Removing Chinese New Year, Christmas, Halloween & Easter Themed Skins because people don’t believe in those Holidays. :wilson_facepalm:
The worlds just gone far too sensitive these days.. people can’t even take a JOKE but yet… we can Legalize Drugs across many states. Hmm.. and we wonder WHY people are too sensitive these days.

However- I wonder if Klei took into account the people who bought the skins for what they looked like at release, and then suddenly have that skin changed cause of a few belief complaints?

I suppose the Alternative could’ve been having it completely removed from the game altogether, but overall the decision doesn’t sit well with me at all and seems like something a Small Indie Gaming Studio would do to try and please their fans the best they can.

But I guarantee you if This was EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Hi-Rez Etc.. they wouldn’t have even entertained the thought of changing it.

This change gives me Warbucks vibes

• Like 10
  • Wavey 1