[Game Update] - 562556

This thread has gone massively off-topic, and I don’t know why Klei devs haven’t locked it yet for being Off-Topic- But my original point still stands: If they’re going to sell something as one thing & then change it after people may have bought it for what it originally looked like- Maybe perhaps offer Refunds?

If I worked at Klei I would have simply made the purchase of the skin have TWO Selectable skins one with the Star on it, one with the Circle on it.

I wouldn’t take into concern ANY Type of Religion as a reason for the change because if we started doing THAT We might as Well remove Woodie for being Chatolic, and Wigfrid for inaccurate portrayal of Valkyries.

Also if you need ANY Further “proof” why the skin should have both a Star and Moon (Changeable with Clean Sweeper)

Then Let me introduce THIS into the Discussion:

IMG_5795.thumb.png.1333b0ad77152cbc64dc245d8cec4fbe.png

Yeah.. I went There.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This thread has gone massively off-topic, and I don’t know why Klei devs haven’t locked it yet for being Off-Topic- But my original point still stands: If they’re going to sell something as one thing & then change it after people may have bought it for what it originally looked like- Maybe perhaps offer Refunds?

If I worked at Klei I would have simply made the purchase of the skin have TWO Selectable skins one with the Star on it, one with the Circle on it.

I wouldn’t take into concern ANY Type of Religion as a reason for the change because if we started doing THAT We might as Well remove Woodie for being Catholic, and Wigfrid for inaccurate portrayal of Valkyries.

Also if you need ANY Further “proof” why the skin should have both a Star and Moon (Changeable with Clean Sweeper)

Then Let me introduce THIS into the Discussion:

IMG_5795.thumb.png.1333b0ad77152cbc64dc245d8cec4fbe.png

Yeah.. I went There.

That's not a 6 sided star tho

• Health 1

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

why Klei devs haven’t locked it yet for being Off-Topic

Because if they don't let people rant and get it out of their system more threads will start popping up and only make more people angrier. It's better to just keep the discussion here, even for archival purposes. Way less searching for who said what or whatever, when we know almost all the **** show happened here. + Locking a thread after being accused of censorship will just make people go primal ape mode, and that's a mess i don't wish moderators to go through.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Breathe everyone, having opinions and discussing your points and thoughts with each other is generally fine, as long as you all are being civil about it. But let's not devolve into throwing insults or talking down on people. 

The devs have said their piece about their past decisions concerning game development. Some recent thread posts were locked because they are non-constructive and baiting for just pointless arguments.

Please reacquaint yourselves with the Community Guidelines here. ► Guidelines - Klei Entertainment Forums

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 1

26 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

How is this relevant in-game? What changes does it make? Could Cawnival statuettes receive a similar change to be placed closer to other structures?

Stops boulders from spawning when the player is near them.

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Ardyn said:

Exactly, due to various compromises made by Klei, DST is likely transitioning from a unique but interesting game to a popular but mediocre game, which is not what I hope to see. Even worse, some compromises are even completely unnecessary, making DST neither popular nor interesting enough, just to meet the strange needs of a small group of people.

My brother in Christ they changed a star 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

Reactionary politics and convenient timing does that.

Every action has a reaction. Move too much on one aisle of the political spectrum ("everything is political" - and is not me who coined this shenanigan), in this case, & you get a backlash from the opposite side. In reality truth sits comfortably in the middle of said aisle, when neither of the far-sides has the upper hand - because both far-sides have totalitarian tendencies. Moderation is the key; compromise, the just means.

Anyway, I for one only wish KLei would be this prompt in changing game aspects when related to mechanics, like the stringent issue with "boulders falling during super-earthquakes" - toned down after the base-builders backlash to the point of superfluousness hilarity: not really impacting game-play, not providing anything new challenge-wise or in terms of material gains, but littering Caves and ultimately bringing nothing to neither Survival or Sandbox table; or the "acid rain" brought down a peg.. or rather, a lot of pegs as well to now becoming minor inconvenience and not making a proverbial dent in anything late-game. Maybe, instead of catering to a fringe and superficial, faulty ideology-driven micro-minority (arguably making a fuss solely for the sake of deluded "power-trips" - and devs giving in to these, ultimately, trolls), KLei should address the real problems with DST: the "From Beyond" arc, as presented till now, has a lot of balance problems to say the least.

Edited by MostMerryTomcat
  • Like 4
  • Sanity 2

3 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

In reality truth sits comfortably in the middle of said aisle, when neither of the far-sides has the upper hand - because both far-sides have totalitarian tendencies. Moderation is the key; compromise, the just means.

Willing to discuss this in dms privately.

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

Ah, the Google first result. Unfortunately, you missed the fact that it's foreign control by another country.

Yes, it is colonization of other intelligent species by humans that goes even further beyond than a country and it’s even worse by a large degree. Klei made game Griftlands which has many non-human intelligent species and what is allowed in dont starve is equivalent to if humans in that game could just slaughter and do whatever they want to those aliens just because they are different from humans. Pigmen, merms, and bunnymen are no less equal than human lives yet the game is completely fine with them being slaughtered and toyed with and anyone who shrugs this off as a nonissue is complict and encouraging should problematic behavior.

Don’t starve needs to remove violence and all forms of abuse and being able to colonize the land of the indigenous pigmen, merm, and bunnymen tribes. This is a serious issue and by allowing players to cause harm to these innocent intelligent creatures just as equal to humans the game is hiddenly promoting that unethical treatment of others is completely fine as long as they don’t look like you.

• Shopcat 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

Can someone explain to me why the star of david, the symbol of Israel and jewish people, is offensive?

Maybe I am dumb, but I am brazilian, and if the flag of my country or another national symbol were in a skin in this game, I would like it and wouldnt see it as offensive.

Analogy may not be my passion, but my question is genuine.

• Sanity 4
  • Big Ups 3

2 minutes ago, dois raios said:

Can someone explain to me why the star of david, the symbol of Israel and jewish people, is offensive?

Maybe I am dumb, but I am brazilian, and if the flag of my country or another national symbol were in a skin in this game, I would like it and wouldnt see it as offensive.

tbh it feels anti-semitic for something similar to looking from Jewish culture to be removed just because it resembles something from Judaism. It gives off the appearance Klei doesn't like the Jewish religion

• Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, . . . said:

tbh it feels anti-semitic for something similar to looking from Jewish culture to be removed just because it resembles something from Judaism. It gives off the appearance Klei doesn't like the Jewish religion

Wouldn't it also mean that the guy's friend [who is jewish] hated to see the symbol of his culture?

5 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Wouldn't it also mean that the guy's friend [who is jewish] hated to see the symbol of his culture?

I don't know why the Jewish friend would take offense with a symbol being vaguely similar to something from his religion, but personally I am religious and if Klei were to add my religion's religious symbol (which they sort of have if you put two specific staff skins close together...) to the game I would be flattered and if they removed it because it can be interpreted as referencing my religion I would find that as if they are discriminating against my religion and I would be offended.

Not everyone would have the same reaction, but just how I would feel personally. 

Edited by . . .
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

That's not a 6 sided star tho

IMG_5796.webp.9a7949bdc73c8bdafc4babd4a7ced65c.webp

If your looking to see Religion in something, You’ll find it no matter where you look.

”Perhaps” the user who disliked the original Helm Design disliked it because it’s a Symbol worn on the Head of a Crown.

Honestly I don’t really know NOR do I care, because I don’t believe in any single religion, NONE of THEM (at least not fully)

I believe in a “God” or a “Creator” but I most certainly do not believe in the Bible- And I could go on a LONG Rant about that that would leave you questioning your own beliefs..

BUT- If your looking at something trying to see a certain thing out of it, then you’ll always look for that “Thing”

The Anenemy is a 6 pointed star.. And you wouldn’t even NOTICE that if you weren’t Actively LOOKING for a 6 pointed Star.

Ladies & Gentleman- I rest my case :love_heart: have a nice day.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dois raios said:

Analogy may not be my passion, but my question is genuine.

12 minutes ago, . . . said:

1 minute ago, bloopah said:

I don't know much about the topic, but it's the kind of thing that is fine when used by people who own it, and not fine if used by outsiders. I can't think of a good analogy because every case of this sort is very individual, due to the history of the symbol/word/expression. The "don't they want to see their symbol on stuff" is wrong, because it has deep emotional and historical meaning, so just like slapping the "Anchor P" (idk how to describe it, it's a polish war related symbol) on like a pack of sausage makes no sense and could be considered offensive, so is putting a star of david on a helmet. (Even though it wasn't.)

I'm not trying to expand the argument, like I said I don't know much, but there is a genuine reason why it could be offensive, it's not just made up is what I'm saying. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Anyway, I for one only wish KLei would be this prompt in changing game aspects when related to mechanics

Of course, but I really don’t think a few sprite changes are comparable to actually changing mechanics. 

• Like 1

Okay everyone, topics are just going in circles. Just to remind yalls, this is a update post for the game. If can't add anything new let's move on now. Feel free to continue discussing your topics in private messages if you have to, otherwise let's reserve the thread for conversations about the update post itself.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, yourAnty said:

The penguins have literal visible organs, a recolour is not going to change how disturbing they look like aka that's a reach
You don't know why they didn't add the vargphant or why they didn't continue the corrupted enemies

It makes a difference to a lot people actually in the same sense people are a lot more ok with differently colored blood or lasers over bullets it was quite a popular tactic in game censorship.

• Sanity 1

3 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I don't know much about the topic, but it's the kind of thing that is fine when used by people who own it, and not fine if used by outsiders. I can't think of a good analogy because every case of this sort is very individual, due to the history of the symbol/word/expression. The "don't they want to see their symbol on stuff" is wrong, because it has deep emotional and historical meaning, so just like slapping the "Anchor P" (idk how to describe it, it's a polish war related symbol) on like a pack of sausage makes no sense and could be considered offensive, so is putting a star of david on a helmet. (Even though it wasn't.)

I'm not trying to expand the argument, like I said I don't know much, but there is a genuine reason why it could be offensive, it's not just made up is what I'm saying. 

Thx for the reply, well, there arent any forbiden symbols/words in here, so naturally it will be hard to comprehend if I dont put myself in a situation where I want to understand how others feel about something, but thats fair, it didnt even cross my mind that a company using their symbol would be offensive, again, thx for the reply.

Just to avoid being off topic, thx for the bug fixes klei.

• Like 1