Don't Starve rabbit sound in movie of 2006

Almost all of Don't Starves earliest creatures (Rabbits, Buzzards, Pigmen(?)) are all sourced from royalty free and/or open source sounds.
Lots of games do this! Half Life 2 is almost composed of them, there's so many.

For reasons like this you'll end up finding a lot of other media with the same sounds being used.

4 hours ago, Auth said:

Wonder if we're going to have a Roblox Oof sound situation, and all rabbits are going to become mute from now on.

This I doubt, since these are from open sources rather than being sourced from someone who could potentially sue like in the Roblox case.

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

Almost all of Don't Starves earliest creatures (Rabbits, Buzzards, Pigmen(?)) are all sourced from royalty free and/or open source sounds.
Lots of games do this! Half Life 2 is almost composed of them, there's so many.

For reasons like this you'll end up finding a lot of other media with the same sounds being used.

This I doubt, since these are from open sources rather than being sourced from someone who could potentially sue like in the Roblox case.

Where can I find the repository or source of these sounds? I'm going to Google it.

8 hours ago, hhh2 said:

Where can I find the repository or source of these sounds? I'm going to Google it.

There's various sources, though they're ancient so picking any specific one and/or their origin source would be obtuse.
If you want the Vultures, I have one of their origins on hand. Goes about around 8 years or so, some older.

Dang, the whole time I thought it was actual rabbit screams. Then again, I guess it'll be hard to legally record rabbit screams as they only scream when they're about to die...

Also, someone posted on here a few years ago, a video of various different bird calls, and one of them sounded exactly like the swamp sounds. Can't seen to find the exact video now though, as there are like a billion videos about bird calls, but there ya go.

Archived