Lobby Beta Testing, Spools giveaway!

• Developer

Hey everyone!

For the last week we've been running a beta build to test out our new lobby servers and networking changes. We'd like to get more participation to ensure everything is running smoothly before the Year of the Rabbit update comes out. We know testing the lobby server may not be super exciting, so we're going to offer up some Spools! To qualify for the 1000 Spools, participants will want to be sure to opt in to the beta and play DST before January 15th.

To opt in to the beta, you can follow the instructions here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/106156-how-to-opt-in-to-the-beta-branch-for-dont-starve-together/

If you run in to any issues with the beta, you can post them in the Beta Branch bug tracker here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together-beta-branch/

Have fun!

• Developer
4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I'm still going to try and help in my own way, but the wording is a bit confusing. I assume it's a raffle?

Not a raffle. Everyone who participates in the beta will get 1000 Spool on January 16th.

Basically we're hoping to get a lot of activity over the next 6 days to test out the new systems.

Btw, are there any specific things you'd like us to test? Because I tried joining a server, checked out the lag compensation (works pretty good from my short session, definitely feels better to play than before), tried downloading some mods and using them and it worked fine, but I never got the bug where my mods got broken before so I'm not sure how to test it. Idk where to look to try to break things. I'll do a longer session tomorrow i guess

20 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Not a raffle. Everyone who participates in the beta will get 1000 Spool on January 16th.

Basically we're hoping to get a lot of activity over the next 6 days to test out the new systems.

Good to know, thank you!
I'll look into checking out some of these servers soon.

• Developer
20 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Btw, are there any specific things you'd like us to test? Because I tried joining a server, checked out the lag compensation (works pretty good from my short session, definitely feels better to play than before), tried downloading some mods and using them and it worked fine, but I never got the bug where my mods got broken before so I'm not sure how to test it. Idk where to look to try to break things. I'll do a longer session tomorrow i guess

Playing on a caves enabled world and going in to the caves and back would be a good test of all the pieces in the new system.

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Hey everyone!

For the last week we've been running a beta build to test out our new lobby servers and networking changes. We'd like to get more participation to ensure everything is running smoothly before the Year of the Rabbit update comes out. We know testing the lobby server may not be super exciting, so we're going to offer up some Spools! To qualify for the 1000 Spools, participants will want to be sure to opt in to the beta and play DST before January 15th.

To opt in to the beta, you can follow the instructions here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/106156-how-to-opt-in-to-the-beta-branch-for-dont-starve-together/

If you run in to any issues with the beta, you can post them in the Beta Branch bug tracker here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together-beta-branch/

Have fun!

I will never say no to free spools :D

What do we need to be aware of? Is there some system changes that are different that we should notice? Or is there nothing special and we just gotta play to see if we crash or not?

Sorry to tell but it's not quite descript for what the beta changes so we would be more aware of what we should be looking for. It may confuse majority of people here since that's the case like I'm confused right now.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

What do we need to be aware of? Is there some system changes that are different that we should notice? Or is there nothing special and we just gotta play to see if we crash or not?

Sorry to tell but it's not quite descript for what the beta changes so we would be more aware of what we should be looking for. It may confuse majority of people here since that's the case like I'm confused right now.

The bulk of what we're testing is stability of our servers, so as long as you're able to make a caves world, and go into the caves and out, that's a good test. Ideally with other people on the server with you too.

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

The bulk of what we're testing is stability of our servers, so as long as you're able to make a caves world, and go into the caves and out, that's a good test. Ideally with other people on the server with you too.

So there's some occurring things that been unstable as of late I'll assume? Seems like a simple test, ya might wanna encourage streamers or some big community gatherings for like 20-50 players to join in to try that and stress tests cuz why not XD

Archived