Lobby Beta Testing, Spools giveaway!

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Omninano said:

Dumb question, but to be clear: When I opt-in to the Beta and then go to "Browse Games", are any of those servers listed counted as "beta servers"?

As long as you're on versionĀ 537018, any server will be fine, or you can start your own. You can hit backspace on the keyboard and see the version in the bottom left corner.

I managed to kill a mechanical horse with an ordinary axe on a server that is hosted in Oceania while I live in South America, completely on the other side of the world. The lag compensation seems quite usable now, when I got hit I was actually pretty close to the enemy, unlike it was before. It felt like I was playing on a server closer to me, I'd say it was pretty playable, if I avoided combat it would be fine to play almost normally even though I'm on a server with 200+ ping lol

Dunno what else I could have tested, the loading time look good, but I don't quite remember how it was before...

I like to think of betas on Pc as being sort of a ā€œPre-Betaā€ if you will, or more accurately- the Closed Alpha/Beta test of a game before the Open Beta.

Because.. I can say with absolute certainty that even after the PC Beta, some console exclusive bugs can & sometimes do slip through the cracks.

Iā€™ll never forget that bizarre Tragic Torch skin crash..Ā :lol:Ā Glad thatā€™s fixed.

5 hours ago, Wonz said:

That's clever since most people don't seem interested backend stuffs which are really important

I love participating in Alphas and Betas when theyā€™re available to me, I played the closed Alpha, Closed Beta, and Open Beta for Tom Clancyā€™s The Division & I got to help provide input/spot issues with what WASNā€™T working properly.. Minecraft has a Preview version available to test experimental features before they are added to the Main version. Unfortunately DST has no such set up like this, and the only way to participate in its betas are if your on the PC. I donā€™t even mind that I CANā€™T play in the DST Betas, but what upsets me is that they may not have enough people testing what they need tested.Ā 
Ā 

(I can guarantee you that if more people played with the preference of a Console controller that theyā€™d have voiced better ways of optimizing the controls for it, etc..)

Dumb question, but i just want to make sure.
So, to opt in and qualify I have to open beta and play in any world? Or do i have to do something else?
I'll gladly play a lot without getting any spools, but idon't want to miss out on spools:DĀ 

Alright Klei, first you give my Panthers Pavel Bure after his prime, then you take Roberto Luongo from us in his prime, then give him back after his prime, and now this.Ā 

In retaliation I'm officially boycotting Tim Hortons in the hopes that the loss of my business will force them to close down. Easy to do since I live in Tennessee.

That's right, I know Canada stuff. #consolesdeservebetter

And no, Bure didn't play defense for us either. Just sat on the damn red line.Ā 

• Developer
6 minutes ago, nightyknightt said:

Hiya, so i updated to the beta and i lost all of my saves :( i was pretty far too.

Your old saves will still be there when you opt out of the beta. The beta uses a different save folder.

Wow, I haven't played in a pub game in a while.Ā  Was able to rock Warly with the new tall bird egg recipe to stay tip top hunger.Ā  Tame a beef and get neutral domestication (first time I tried for it, I think I'm hooked for neutral beefs now.)Ā  Was able to mob up some bosses with other players.Ā  Deerclops wiped like 6 players it was great XDĀ  Wanda got a lot of action from her revive watch.Ā  Set up a moon goat and auto anenemy farm for that, but didn't go so far as to set up an auto farm for the tallbirds before I had to peace out.

No issues, although there were a few laggy spots.

Hey! so, i've just played a bit (3~4ish in game days) and it was fine, couldn't notice any difference. The last test was to go down to caves and it seemed a bit slower to connect to the caves but everything was fine down there. When i tried to go back to the surface.. well, i have up after 10 minutes trying to connect back to the surface server.

Default Branch is working fine for me.

Archived