[Game Update] - Public Testing 534208

6 hours ago, wachunga said:

For a 2 cell building, the panel only gains/loses 1/2 the heat it should. For everyone's favorite temp shift plate, the panel gains/loses 1/9 the heat it should.

That sounds related to the principle that a building can only exchange enough heat per cell to change its temperature by 1/X of the temperature difference, where X is the number of tiles the building thermally covers, there are a number of good reasons for this limitation. Tiles correctly clamp the amount of heat they exchange to as much as the building can accept, perhaps this clamping is not applied correctly with the panel.

The panel crashes the game for me so I can't test it.

5 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Like with other traits this Hermit one will require new colony to be started?

It is a world POI, so there really is no way around that as it is the world-gen that needs to put it in. The new buildings work with old maps.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Like with other traits this Hermit one will require new colony to be started?

Well, if they don't retrofit that, you can always just turn on debug mode, paste it in some place, turn it off and turn that mod that lets you enable achivements, turn that mod off and you are good to go. 

So I did a bit more testing on the multi-cell building issue. My theory is that the heat gained/lost by the panel is "correct", but the heat gained/lost by the multi-cell building is wrong. As if the change in heat is being iterated for cell of the building instead of just once. So instead of the panel being 1/4 or 1/9 or whatever, the building is x4 or x9 or whatever.

I compared cold ceramic compost, temp shift plate, and metal refinery. Each heated by a warm aluminum panel. In the time the compost raised by 4 degrees, the shift plate raised by 9, and the refinery by 12. That is the size of each building. The panels each lost the same amount of heat. I think that pretty clearly suggests the multi-cell building is where the heat is being created/deleted.

Note you can't use the sample tool to get highly precise temps of buildings so I used what the mouseover shows. But to get meaningful mouseover values I had to let the test run for a bit which means the heat deltas for each building diverged a bit and thus the heat transfer as well. Long story short, my above values are rounded by 0.1 or 0.2 and I attribute that to the not perfectly precise nature of the test.

Edited by wachunga
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Elfiwolfe said:

Geotuner.

If you have exposed the 4 blocks of Neutronium, the Geotuner lets you see what it is without you uncovering any of it.

Minor item. 

You can already determine what kind of geyser is hidden by setting its priority to urgent and mousing over the corresponding alert, to be fair. So it’s not like the geotuner is doing something you can’t already do. 

• Like 2

I was a underwhelmed with the latest updates and have been looking for something new from ONI for a bit. This nailed it! I am excited about everything in this update. Please get the skins up & running so I can throw some $ appreciation your way. Great work Klei!

Edited by fullerfamily
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Sniff, sniff...Uuhhhh, Ahhhhhh ONIdiction 2023 with a new single threader glory cpu and the fastest ram...Ohhhhhhhh Uhhh Ehhhhh !

More resources and rocket stuff, uaaahhhh, ohhh, yeaaahh :adoration:

image.png.e1a01a9bfbce8d3ec72e0ddd2f8cf34a.pngimage.png.4a966731ba6131f67562400b7499a195.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Elfiwolfe said:

Hospitals zones are not working?

Using a prior save and the Hospitals no longer show up.
"Remove conflicting equipment"

I stripped the room down to Triage cot, mess table, sink, lavatory, light, wires and pipes.

Picture attached.

Spoiler

20221205155442_1.jpg

Possibly relate to this room bug ?

4 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

Are hospitals useful for anything?

They become more useful when you play with mods.

But even if you are not - it would be nice that worked as intentended if somebody wanted to build if for lols, roleplay or achievements

7 minutes ago, pether said:

But even if you are not - it would be nice that worked as intentended if somebody wanted to build if for lols, roleplay or achievements

I wish that sickly duplicants correctly quarantined themselves to the med-bay whenever they got sick. I remember in my hours playing with disease restored, they would be assigned to the med-bay, but would commonly exit for the sake of chores or other stuff. I don't want to micromanage door permissions!

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 hours ago, Elfiwolfe said:

Hospitals zones are not working?

Using a prior save and the Hospitals no longer show up.
"Remove conflicting equipment"

I stripped the room down to Triage cot, mess table, sink, lavatory, light, wires and pipes.

Picture attached.

20221205155442_1.jpg

I haven't tested all the rooms but it seems like any room that can be larger than 64 tiles is broken if it is over 64 tiles. I personally ran into this when making a nature reserve and there are bug reports about great halls being broken

• Like 1

23 hours ago, village_idiot said:

You can already determine what kind of geyser is hidden by setting its priority to urgent and mousing over the corresponding alert, to be fair. So it’s not like the geotuner is doing something you can’t already do. 

I always wondered if someone else had figured that out too.

On 12/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, JarrettM said:

Fixed issue causing some menu backgrounds to be incorrectly sized after a window size or resolution change.

It seems there is no second "black screen" while  opening a second window now, like there was in previous builds (comparisons in spoiler)

Spoiler

CS-469300 (pre-mergedown)
image.thumb.png.b6c101f35d63438b198bfc575de174b6.png

U-42 Fast Friends
image.thumb.png.73ec9fe95c95c1ccd4a6d8ac246318f6.png

U-43 Sweet Dreams
image.thumb.png.2cc3bae5c8fc8bc161a3deab2e4fbc70.png

U-44 testing branch
image.thumb.png.3b85a5a785325a3316d2b65f79376ec2.png

So that's why the "new save" button seems a bit weird in this build. The background menu has a lighter color than the front one

6 hours ago, pether said:

I assume sometime in December. Let's hope Klei will tell us a few days before :)

5 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Hi Friends,

Today’s hotfix to the public testing branch contains fixes for rooms, the new story trait, the skins system, and more.

The countdown timer on the main menu now indicates one week until the update’s full release. 

View full update

One week, to be exact.

• Health 1

On 12/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, pether said:

Could you recommend any good disease mods that are still being updated? I was looking for one a year ago when I last played, and couldn't quite find one that I was satisfied with.

On 12/1/2022 at 11:51 PM, SharraShimada said:

Not a modder myself, but a player who uses lots, and i mean LOTS!!! of mods. And yes i would really like to see modders have the time to update prior to the release so the can upload the new versions in time!

Don't use mod cause i prefer enjoying what dev do for us but sometime some mods look like the thing i need to some new system but still get focus on found a way in vanilla, it's make some challenge to find a way ( also don't want to break my save)

But i totally understand what you mean and support you in this request

For my part, i maybe will restart a colony but i really want waiting for new biome and new mechanic to redo a 300 h colony^^

On 12/6/2022 at 12:16 AM, village_idiot said:

you can already do this by digginf the four corner of the geyser place, you will see what geyser it is without waking it up