[Game Update] - Public Testing 534208

The Condution Panel 

Does not work in vacuum as they said in description (bug), But when submerged oh man it can transfer tons of heat with very little space.

Spoiler

The liquid will just stay inside and exchange heat very fast thus when it change state it just popped out.

So I can see heating/cooling will be a lot smaller setup.

image.thumb.png.e96cf6e0bcac3ca3d16cdd4be7c2f19b.png

1 hour ago, juni3227 said:

Where do i report if it did not unlock cosmetics even I redeemed all of it on the website?

There is already a bug report if you want to add more info or you could make a new bug report about the problem I guess?

3 hours ago, blakemw said:

Handy and Unconstructive which I'm pretty sure is a forbidden trait combination.

I think the forbidden ones are Handy+Building Impaired and the Building (interest)+Unconstructive

Dormitory might be better name than Luxury Barracks. Luxury and Barracks just does not go well together and seems rather absurd. Maybe some people will find luxury barracks a humorous name because of the absurdity, but I still thing dormitory fits in very well.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

I've never loaded the testing branch... until now.

Is there an official place for testing branch feedback?

Edit: I want put this here before I forget.

Deodorizers now interfere with Nature Reserves.  I'm not objecting to this but the room overlay only says "No Industrial Machinery" while the Deodorizer is not industrial machinery.  Is it supposed to be "No Machinery" of any kind now?

Edited by tuxii

Just now, Dragony said:

How is the conduction panel supposed to work? It looks like a liquid bridge... Where is the advantage over conductive pipes?

it conducts in a vacuum. so you can place it over some building in space and it'll equalize with the liquid running through the pipe. Also, notably, but maybe not intentional, as pictured above, liquid can 'exit' the conduction panel by way of heating it up enough, leading to perhaps much cleaner/smaller setups for liquid heating.

OxygenNotIncluded_xlGu0WmNc2.png.821aeed66fc4db4364b5a4fbf4db08aa.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

Also, notably, but maybe not intentional, as pictured above, liquid can 'exit' the conduction panel by way of heating it up enough, leading to perhaps much cleaner/smaller setups for liquid heating.

Can any idle-hands-tinker confirm that the panel is not sealed? This can lead to some unwanted effects with polluted water, for example.

I do have a problem with this in all fairness cool update, is the skin system for it.  my main issue with it is that it will put most mods that change the textures of certain buildings like the one that changes the liquid tanks into their old textures for a more rustic feel, or the wallpaper mod that adds a décor only version of drywall that has different colors based on what resources you used to make them, or dupery that allows people to make custom dupes for what ever reason they think up.  I just hope Klei and the mod devs can reach a compromise in the future or else there is gonna be one hell of a showdown

9 hours ago, peashooter4802 said:

I do have a problem with this in all fairness cool update, is the skin system for it.  my main issue with it is that it will put most mods that change the textures of certain buildings like the one that changes the liquid tanks into their old textures for a more rustic feel, or the wallpaper mod that adds a décor only version of drywall that has different colors based on what resources you used to make them, or dupery that allows people to make custom dupes for what ever reason they think up.  I just hope Klei and the mod devs can reach a compromise in the future or else there is gonna be one hell of a showdown

I think the overlap is anticipated. Once the update is out, I suspect nothing will prevent going as far as modding something that cheats all the shop skins in. That's technically theft but the money of people who would use such mods is not the money klei is going after. The thing with those skins is that, klei needs a stream of income related to the game to keep updating the game. The skins are a way for people to give money to klei for that purpose in a nicely packaged way. People with a basic understanding of economics will understand that and, if they like the game and have money, will pay for the skins even if available for free through shady means. I know I will.

Heck, having both options available may even allow for optimal results. People with no money to give will still get to enjoy the new skins. People with little money may buy a thing or two according to their means and still enjoy the rest. People who have the means to pay but don't like the game enough to do so wouldn't be paying in the first place so there is no real loss of income here. And people who like the game and can pay but don't because they think it is best for them are idiots and the real issue there goes FAR beyond the scope forcing them to sustain what they like. You just have to make getting stuff for free officially frowned upon to steer people in the middle into paying if they can.

And if the generated income is not enough to keep improving the game, even though it will be sad, then so be it.

Edited by gigamoi

13 hours ago, peashooter4802 said:

my main issue with it is that it will put most mods that change the textures

If I remember correctly, there was the same problem with DST. And in the end, the solution was that people can add their skins as long as they are free and as long as they don't copy the official art. And technically, the simplest workaround was and remains not to make a "skin", but to make a "new modified item with different art, but suspiciously familiar functionality". But hey, technically it's a new object, and so it can be depicted as you like. Again, just don't directly copy Klei's art (skins art specifically, adding old, deleted, or recolored base textures should be fine?..). And they as a company don't have the reputation of going after modders, quite the opposite. So I don't think anything will be much different in this case.

Edited by Lokena

image.png.d8de7e65ffe12ba66a5c25453ab4496f.png

Has the range on tempshift plates also been increased with this update? It's not mentioned in the patchnotes but the tempshiftplate in this screenshot is currently at 90°C and rising. Despite being cooled by supercoolant it will eventually heat up to over 200°C which is much hotter than anything in its immediate surroundings except for the Igneous rock sitting above it in a vacuum which is around 420°C.

• Happy Hazard 1

The interaction of the conduction panel with multi-celled buildings is borked. Heat is not conserved properly. For a single cell building, the amount of heat lost or gained from the panel to the building matches. For a 2 cell building, the panel only gains/loses 1/2 the heat it should. For everyone's favorite temp shift plate, the panel gains/loses 1/9 the heat it should.

NB: When interacting with buildings, it continues the "hotter thing's heat capacity acts as a multiplier" behavior from building/cell interactions. Which I guess is consistent for the ONI universe, but it's a dumb behavior which shouldn't exist in the first place.

That's just for the panel building itself, I didn't even begin to look into the piped liquid.

Edited by wachunga
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Ehh... time for a new colony and a 3 month binge I guess.

All the stuff sounds great, and I really like the suggestion in this thread for Mission control to be in a separate room (Observatory?) together with telescope with a view to space. I hope the laboratory room will get expanded with more buildings as well in the future.

• Haha 1