[Game Update] - 526508

• Developer

Bug Fixes and Changes

• Fixed a crash when duplicate animation builds were being added by mods.
  • Fixed unhatched Tallbird Eggs making sounds when they were dropped near heat sources.
  • Pressing the spacebar will no longer activate the Pinchin’ Winch.
  • Masts placed on land and the Mannequin can now be rotated with the Fencing Sword.
  • When Warly inspects food, he will now comment if it is something he ate recently.
  • Skittersquids now always drop a Light Bulb.
  • Steeped Lunar Essence will now mutate birds.
  • Fixed invisible building collapse FX.
  • c_freecrafting() now takes the same optional user parameter as c_godmode().
  • Fixed Houndius Shootius not having the proper freezing animations when frozen.
  • Fixed some skin art from showing on arms when it should not.
  • Made all Succulents and the Shadow Thurible have HD textures.
  • Fixed planted Carrots and Catcoon Dens not regrowing after being burnt.
  • Fixed typo in Palmcone Tree Saplings for plant regrowth.
  • Lanterns and Red Lanterns are no longer lit up when given to Mannequins.
  • Fixed the Whirly Fan causing an improper display when taken from a Mannequin.
  • Fixed being unable to see default skins with the weaveable filter on.

Notes for modders:

• The Briar Hound potential rewards pool is now more accessible with a reference in the charlie_stage_post prefab.
  • Objects can now be rotated with the Fencing Sword by adding the tag: rotatableobject.

View full update

• Like 46
  • Thanks 6
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Steeped Lunar Essence will now mutate birds.

A super fun and interesting way to get these birds now, thank you!!

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed typo in Palmcone Tree Saplings for plant regrowth.

This too, thank you!

• Like 3

Flags & Mannequins can now be rotated.. Are we finally about to see Front, Side & Back views for everything??

Cause yeah I gotta admit- ever since I bought the Carrat Rabbit House- I’ve wanted to see what that bad boy would look like if it had a Side or Back view.

Absolutely Amazing! :love_heart:

Edited by Mike23Ua

• Developer
31 minutes ago, ADM said:

I had so many problems with that between my server and client mods, thanks.

The mods that caused this are stomping over build names which they should make an attempt not to. The crashing was not intentional as it was not an assertion so now with the fix it will only log a message when it overwrites a build name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maxil20 said:
1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Pressing the spacebar will no longer activate the Punchin’ Winch.

I mean, I wouldn’t want to get punched by something like that if I simply hit the spacebar!

punchinwinch.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 28
  • Ninja 1
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Flags & Mannequins can now be rotated.. Are we finally about to see Front, Side & Back views for everything??

Cause yeah I gotta admit- ever since I bought the Carrat Rabbit House- I’ve wanted to see what that bad boy would look like if it had a Side or Back view.

Absolutely Amazing! :love_heart:

Most likely not, as no new art was created for this. Masts and Mannequins already had all these different views, it's just based on your camera angle when placing. If anything I think we could expect it for directional signs maybe?

Edited by sylvia wander o
removed the dog image
  • Like 4

Phew, just two hours ago so much happened in the real world that it felt like I was missing the whole party.

But she's just getting started!

These changes have such an impact on everything, I'm so excited!

Will I ever see you guys announcing that being able to hide your sanity meter will be an in-game thing?

Thank you so much for everything.

See you in the next game update, and the next one, and the next one, and the next one, and the next one...

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a crash when duplicate animation builds were being added by mods.

What is the result when multiple mods add a build with the same name? And can you fix anim file with the same bank as that of official animation not unloading when a client mod is disabled so that the game fail to find animation.

8 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

It'd be good to remove the domestication loss from beefalos when a player hits them, since there's a theme of adding a lot of really good qol this next update.

I hope that at least the domestication loss is reduced from nearly 33% per hit. Thats adding  a little more than 6 days of domestication time for one mistake. It doesn't work well, especially in a multiplayer video game where its pretty easy to make that kind of mistake and ruin someones day, whether intentionally or mistakenly.

• Like 6