Annoying Things you still struggle with.

Which minor things do you still struggle with in-game? Don't be shy, feel free to vent about them and share your frustrations, really curious to also learn and keep them in mind :-D

For example, I tend to neglect insulation gear during Winter and just YOLO with thermal stone, and then I end up freezing when I am trying to sail. There are easy solutions to this, yet I still end up not caring, the future me is always disappointed!

12 minutes ago, Riddla said:

just YOLO with thermal stone, and then I end up freezing

Then you are not heating it up enough, I also just yolo with thermal stone, even refuse the hat when people offer it to me and never had any problems with freezing.

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

Having motivation to play past day 200. I don't even kill all the bosses but I've explored enough that I want to start anew.

Thissss. I've only started playing past year 1 last year irl despite having played this game since 2017. I get so bored despite not having "completed" any of the end game goals. I just LOVE fresh worlds and will always join random fresh pubs instead of continuing on a solo world. 

I'd also say i struggle with balancing rushing priorities vs nesting. I love building bases so that becomes time consuming when one has to get all the materials for themselves. and then obsess over placement of all things at base.

Whenever I plan to kill a boss, I often forget to bring some equipment (new weapons, armor, health food, or something like a pan flute), and I usually don't find it until I get to the boss's location. I had to spend more time getting back to base to prepare. If too much time is wasted I can only roll back:wilson_cry:.

Using bundling wraps. If I ever bundle ingredients for "later use", they're going to stay bundled forever. That's why I don't use bundle wraps very much and I usually just recycle spoiled food instead (like meat -> jerky -> eggs -> bacon and eggs for example).

I don't even carry any bundles with stacks of food ready to eat. And I especially don't like the process of unbundling, freeing up space, picking up dropped food and bundling again.

Archived