Struggling to find a character that I "click" with. Tell me which you play and why.

Like the title says, I'm struggling to find a character that I click with and really enjoy playing. So I figured it would help to see other people describe their favorite characters and explain why they like them.

I main wigfrid, with her built in health/sanity regen plus damage reduction and her items helps support the team depending on the situation which is very helpful,since most of the time you will be fighting to get the items you need to progress but I hope you find a character that you prefer and enjoy to play as :wilson_smile:

i want to like walter and will probably play him way more if they ever update his slinghshot, i want they add more interesting skins that truly change his character

wanda for her weapon, not the damage but how easy it is to kite with it

i like wortox skins a lot but geez he isnt that strong

Wickerbottom lately.

Mage character that can rush a beefalo slightly faster, rush the chances Krampus sacks for everyone, create food (and gold) out of thin air, spam crowd control perks, spam darts usage, and solve many aspects of the game with magic.
The books usage is not that straightforward, but you can come up with many creative uses for them.

Wes.

He is unique because he is the worst character in the franchise. His character is funny for being mute and unfortunate, but likeable for being cheerful and nice. He's a very simple character that I've been used to play as for some years. He has badass skins. Also, memes and pantomimes.

Dont Starve Dont Starve Wes GIF - Dont Starve Dont Starve Wes Wes -  Discover & Share GIFs

Wanda

-Teleporting because im lazy, she can get out of danger quickly (eg. I'm in trouble in the caves)

-shes strong, and couple that with dark armour, she's really great at clearing the ruins

-I don't have to make a bunch of healing food all the time. I usually only eat honey.

-but mostly the teleporting.

I like WX with moggles upgrade, not being constrained by darkness makes it easier to get casual, gives a bit more room for planning and thinking instead of being in a constantly distracted vigilant state. Also food is just the food it's supposed to be all the way until the very end.

Maxwell - cause I am often a gatherer and generally he's a very dapper old guy with funny cynical personality.
Willow - cuz she's got the fashion yaaaas, easy early game and big bernie distracting most annoying things. I still think she could use some additions to her fire affinity.
Wanda - cause simply I love her glass cannon playstyle and the damage output she has. She's practically has everything you need for doing damage if you know how to play well.
Wortox - self heal, teleports and generally is a great looking character. Despite the massive painful drawback on his hunger.

i like playing Wurt more than other characters, because she has a lot of QoL perks, fun diet and her own little side quest with collecting resources for king tapestry. 

also, because i like minion based characters (Wurt in particular is especially nice, cause i usually need a lot of wood for decoration and storage and merms have it covered).

but the main reason i like playing as Wurt are still those smaller QoL perks. Fish lasts 4 times longer and gives sanity? sweet! frogs ignore me? amazing. no downside for drowning? cool! 

on their own they don't matter that much, but together they make characters much more intresting and unique. 

Walter: Early game king especially in pubs, woby's speed boost and inventory space plus walter not losing sanity outside combat are such great Qol perks. His slingshot is great for killing niche mobs like small/big tentacles, for klaus' second phase, drawing aggro, commanding followers, freezing crab king, slowing celestial champion 2nd phase and great at safely killing 3rd phase too. It is a great all round utility tool!

Wurt: Late game king for private worlds, merm guards destroy bosses plus unmatched seasonal protection with immunity to frogs,rain and hot/cold with seasonal fish. Massive 250 hunger to boot. Wurt has the best lategame Qol perks which i actually prefer over Wanda's teleport.

Archived