(Poll) about Klei adding new characters

What's your overall opinion on the more recently added DST characters?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's your overall opinion on the more recently added DST characters?

• I love them
    • I mostly like them
    • The are hit or miss
    • I dislike them
    • I hate them
  2. 2. If you love them/like them, why?

• I enjoy their playstyle
    • I like their personality/design
    • They are well-made/balanced
    • Other (feel free to comment)
    • I voted dislike them/hate them
  3. 3. If you dislike them/hate them, why?

• Their playstyle doesn't suit me
    • They don't fit in with the original cadt
    • They are too OP/ weak
    • Other (feel free to comment)
    • I voted love them/like them
  4. 4. How do you feel about potential future character additions?

• The more the merrier
    • Only if they are well-made
    • I feel there are enough characters already

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/22 at 09:00 PM

I think it's gonna be difficult to keep putting together characters that have a strong connection to the lore of the game and from each others. So if we're getting some new faces I'd look rather forward more Constant inhabitant such as Wortox.

Also there's quite an unlimited amount of facets in this game to shape a good character playstyle about some that could still be fresh and enjoyable, that's what makes me disagree with the classic "too much characters" but it goes without saying there's places to improve what already exist and that maybe there is enough character at the time, so eventually some new survivors will come in after the stage has been set to welcome more rich releases.

41 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

We literally have some characters that are still bad or outshined by more stronger characters, also there is Winona, why would they add even more characters 

I've never understood this mentality that we can't add something because X other thing needs work.

Why does new characters mean anything for the state of the other characters? They've already been steadily reworking the cast, and we already know there are more in the works.

How does adding new content actively take anything away from the game's current content?

1 minute ago, Zerobillion said:

I've never understood this mentality that we can't add something because X other thing needs work.

Why does new characters mean anything for the state of the other characters? They've already been steadily reworking the cast, and we already know there are more in the works.

How does adding new content actively take anything away from the game's current content?

Because making new content pulls resources from analyzings and fixing the current content. Just look at games like Overwatch or League of Legends, where the roster creep makes for lots of unbalanced, under appreciated characters. 

Focusing too much on new content rather than making sure everything is cohesive isn't a great practice. 

17 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Because making new content pulls resources from analyzings and fixing the current content. Just look at games like Overwatch or League of Legends, where the roster creep makes for lots of unbalanced, under appreciated characters. 

Focusing too much on new content rather than making sure everything is cohesive isn't a great practice. 

That's assuming they don't have said resources tho, we don't know that a new character would put a halt to any of that.

Especially when it's already been confirmed on the roadmap that there are still multiple character refreshes, significant QOL updates, and changes being made in preparation for future content. (which may even include a new character).

Their focus seems to already lie in making the current content cohesive, so I see no harm in theoretical new characters.

Legally speaking, I am not allowed to say what I don't like about some of the new characters.

1 hour ago, Eughstein said:

We literally have some characters that are still bad or outshined by more stronger characters, also there is Winona, why would they add even more characters 

Yeah man whenever I see someone pick Willow or Wurt I just sit in spawn spamming surrender votes and pinging ? on them. I'd say some words about them in chat too, but Riot told me I can't do that any more.

I'm so sick of these stupid griefer teammates picking trash throw picks. They're the reason I am in Elo Hell. I am a Master player at LEAST but these throw picks have me hardstuck in bronze. 

4 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Surprised there's so many "I love them" votes considering how much controversy a lot of them have had when released.

Because people are a lot more likely to complain than congratulate. You don't see people making threads like "Walter is figuratively sick and baller, these are the reasons I love him", you see threads like "Walter is literally sick and disgusting, these are the made up complaints I'm saying for no reason". But in a poll you see people's opinions instead of people making weird rage\complaint\troll threads.

20 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Surprised there's so many "I love them" votes considering how much controversy a lot of them have had when released.

Every single charcter has people who love them and people who hate them, which is why it's pointless to argue about it, but people do anyway.

The entire point of multiple characters is for you to pick the ones you like, no reason to trash on the ones you don't, you don't have to play them.

3 minutes ago, Zerobillion said:

Every single charcter has people who love them and people who hate them, which is why it's pointless to argue about it, but people do anyway.

The entire point of multiple characters is for you to pick the ones you like, no reason to trash on the ones you don't, you don't have to play them.

As someone who plays as every character in the entire game from time to time I fully agree with this statement, each character already has a fanbase of players who want to play as them, which is much more then I can say for brand new dlc characters that may be Hit/Miss.

Releasing an Already Established Character means there is already a group of players who were wanting to play as that character for that playstyle, if Klei wants to add to or improve upon that playstyle that’s fine.. but ultimately they already have a foundation to stand upon.

And I would prefer it if Klei would port the remaining characters/ improve existing ones before creating brand new ones.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Legally speaking, I am not allowed to say what I don't like about some of the new characters.

Yeah man whenever I see someone pick Willow or Wurt I just sit in spawn spamming surrender votes and pinging ? on them. I'd say some words about them in chat too, but Riot told me I can't do that any more.

I'm so sick of these stupid griefer teammates picking trash throw picks. They're the reason I am in Elo Hell. I am a Master player at LEAST but these throw picks have me hardstuck in bronze. 

i agree, Wurt is powerful character but if you playing in co-op and people you play with aren't your friends you talk with on discord and you joined too late you are basically only a dead weight, it will take you a lot of time to even start building your merm kingdom and don't die from all food in fridge being meatballs

4 hours ago, Notecja said:

2135215866_someoneneeedslove.png.b7816150ce31cde7e5f2c396956858e1.png
She needs love u_u

i know, but i really wish she had some perks that would make me take her not only for placing sentry guns from tf2 and then switching back to my main

5 hours ago, ADM said:

Constant inhabitant such as Wortox.

It's implied Wortox isn't from the constant.

51 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

agree, Wurt is powerful character but if you playing in co-op and people you play with aren't your friends you talk with on discord and you joined too late you are basically only a dead weight, it will take you a lot of time to even start building your merm kingdom and don't die from all food in fridge being meatballs

You do realize merms spawn naturally, normal merms are absurdly easy to make homes for, and recruit in batches of 3 while being able to fight, mine, and chop wood while also being useable by non wurt players are you saying there's nothing they can contribute to a team...?

15 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It's implied Wortox isn't from the constant.

You do realize merms spawn naturally, normal merms are absurdly easy to make homes for, and recruit in batches of 3 while being able to fight, mine, and chop wood while also being useable by non wurt players are you saying there's nothing they can contribute to a team...?

I doubt that couple of merms that chop wood and mine rocks will be very useful when you join late

33 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

I doubt that couple of merms that chop wood and mine rocks will be very useful when you join late

How late are we talking? Because when it's very late I doubt any perk will be very useful outside of Wanda's Warping. If the merms aren't helpful at the point your talking then this also applies to most of the cast.

My mindset is I always love to have more options and the more characters the better. Though I only really play characters which don't look ugly to me. All of the DLC characters Klei added so far I liked except for Wanda... they made her chin way too long and narrow.. it's very ugly.

Though in general I won't ever be buying any of the DLC characters unless they allow them to always be playable regardless of your internet connection otherwise I would've got them all except for Wanda :D.

All for it if it makes sense and there is content to support it. For example, we've been getting more and more sea content. So sometime soon it would be good to have a character that relates to the sea. Just like having merms, kelp and the swamp makes sense to have a character around that(wurt).

If there is a good gameplay hook for the character, then sure. If instead were just making a new character just because and the gameplay suffers for it then id rather not.

Wanda is a good example of having a great gameplay hook.

Walter is a good example of having a new character just for the sake of it, and his gameplay isnt as seamless as it should be.

10 hours ago, sudoku said:

Walter is a good example of having a new character just for the sake of it, and his gameplay isnt as seamless as it should be.

Personally I'm still of the opinion Walter's hook should have and could have been his slingshot but there's too many issues with it otherwise he flows fairly smoothly.

Wanda on the other hand I'm more iffy on I feel like most people look more at how powerful her kit is more than anything else.

Whats considered recent? 
wanda broke the game and walter is walter. 

wurt warly and wormwood are good. 

I dont have an opinion on wortox. And lastly, nona is nona. So thats 3W, 3 sorta Ls and 1 inconclusive in my book.  

i dont really have a strong opinion on more new additions or not wouldnt matter much anyway. But if new ones are to be added id personally prefer brand new ones instead of porting any of the remaining dsa cast since i find them to be pretty lacklustre both in terms of gameplay mechanics and character concepts. 

Archived