Game appears to copy dst artstyle

Don't get me wrong but I don't think there is something called "don't starve art". Yes, game clearly inspired from DS but I don't think there is something like stealing situation as I see these screenshots. In the origin, DS have mixed artstyle that have too much from lovecraft and tim burton.

this dont seem like that 1 nft thing, but theres this

image.thumb.png.8918ed44a217874b9a6eb2e6610c93be.png
like, they do kinda look like better characters in look then your average mod character mod you may see, but that background, it looks like that 1 where wilson walks whit a torch wwhile behind him are harmfull creatures

18 hours ago, Karitha said:

Don't get me wrong but I don't think there is something called "don't starve art". Yes, game clearly inspired from DS but I don't think there is something like stealing situation as I see these screenshots. In the origin, DS have mixed artstyle that have too much from lovecraft and tim burton.

Agree, there is inspiration from those. But I meant the trees, shadow creatures, character sprites and animations as can be seen in their ads show heavy similarities to DS. There is nothing wrong with games having those but they advertise the game on tiktok, having doubled their downloads since posting this and receive money from ads using the assets from DS. I thought Klei staff should be aware of this and got told to post screens on the forum which I did.

Very close looking artstyle. Checked the gameplay and it's but it's just one of those crappy looking games that didn't bother with animations or anything of the regard to make it look more appealing. While cover art looks neat-ish and DS/T like it the game itself seems just bad lol.

Archived