What are your Goals on the each season of the first Year?

What are your strict main goals on each season?

Mine are:

Autumn: Explore mainland outlines. Explore each cave entrance. Find Lunar island and get Stone Bushes + Kelp Stalks. Plow farms and plant as many seeds as possible to get seeds for basic crop combos (Potato, Toma, Garlic, Carrot), Kill The Eye of Terror.

Winter: Get Walrus Loots (Tusk, TamoShanter). Produce more crops for future healing. Deerclops. Klaus. (I'm always so nervous in Winter for some reason. I can't chill until i kill those two bosses)

Spring: MooseGooses. LOGS!. Planting Twigs, Grass.

Summer: Antlion. Mini base on the Boat. Salt. Fully Rebuilding Pearl's House. Fishing for Sun Fish, to get heavy lure. Small ruin rush, to get some Starcallers.

Second Autumn: DragonFly. Bee Queen. Bearger. BeeHives. Autumn Fishing for a special Lure...

Autumn: Ruins, Dragonfly and exploring.

Winter: MacTusk, Deerclops, Klaus, making a smaller base and finding lunar island and getting kelp and stone fruit bushes.

Spring: Killing all the Moose Goose that i know the location of, continued exploration from Autumn so that i can finally find everything i need to. Now what comes next i can't really say since i don't have everything planned out.

Summer:If wildfires are turned on i make my main base in caves and the whole season i am usually down there on repeat killing Fuelweaver,clearing ruins, archives, lunar grotto and so on.

9 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Autumn: Ruins, Dragonfly and exploring.

Winter: MacTusk, Deerclops, Klaus, making a smaller base and finding lunar island and getting kelp and stone fruit bushes.

Spring: Killing all the Moose Goose that i know the location of, continued exploration from Autumn so that i can finally find everything i need to. Now what comes next i can't really say since i don't have everything planned out.

Summer:If wildfires are turned on i make my main base in caves and the whole season i am usually down there on repeat killing Fuelweaver,clearing ruins, archives, lunar grotto and so on.

Who do you play as usually?

Autumn : Ruin rush

Winter : Exploration, Tusk, Klaus

Spring : Shadow pieces if I'm tryharding, Bee queen, some moose goose

Summer : bundling cactus flower and fishing for desert goggle before going to cave, fuelweaver if I'm tryharding

Autumn 2 : logs and boards thx to beardger, starting pearl's quest

Autumn: Bee Queen/Beefalo taming (depending on the charracter), small Ruins visit, Shadow Manipulator

Winter: Shadow Pieces, MacTusk, Klaus, Bee Queen/big cooking session (depending on the charater)

Spring: Moosegoose, Ruins clear, Fuelweaver, Moon event

Summer: Archives, assembling the altars at Lunar island, Pearl quests

Second autumn: Rest of the Lunar altars, Crab King, Dragonfly

I don't have a very fast pace
autumn: explore the map, build a base, kill a dragonfly, eye of cthulhu
winter: killing walruses, cyclops, distant construction of necessary items.
spring: beds, beehives, base building in caves
summer: spend exploring the ruins collecting wires
2 autumn bear, and training for other raid bosses

Autumn: Beefalo ruins rush, Bee Queen, Eye of Terror, Dragonfly.

Winter: Tusk, Plant seeds for a potato and a pumpkin, Fossils, Lazy Explorer, moving marble heads, Moonstone event, Klaus, Deerclops.

Spring: Archives, Shadow Pieces, Fuelweaver, assembling lunar altars, Pearl.

Summer: Misery Toadstool (I cheese him lol), Pearl's Quests, Crabking (also cheesed to oblivion), Moonstorm.

Second Autumn: Celestial Champion.

Autumn: Explore the mainland, evaluate base locations, set up garden, nightmare fuel or blue gems, lanterns, prepare for Winter

Winter: Walrus, winter gardening, possibly some fishing, realizing resources are woefully minimal, Deerclops, bones, prepare for Spring

Spring: Deal with the rain, Moose/Goose, light cave exploration, same sailing perhaps, frog rain, ice flingomatic, prepare for Summer

Summer: Sail for mangrove if sufficiently desperate, cave life, survive off of berries and mushrooms, MAYBE Antlion, herald the new Autumn

Second Autumn: realize survival to this stage was a long shot, set up multiple projects, Bearger, repeat as necessary

Autumn: Gather and explore, go to the ruins for some materials (yellow amulet/staff, green staff, Batbat, gears and purple gems, any minotaur loot and whatever I can craft at the ancient station), then I try Eye, start the farming process then I gather stones for Dfly;

Winter: Dfly(If i haven't kill it yet), tusk hunting, then klaus and maybe some preparations for navigating;

Spring: Moose hunt (usually after they lay the eggs but before they hatch, so sometimes the mosslings call for a new Goose), BeeQueen If I'm lucky and catch any lureplant;

Summer: Finish the ruins or do the Sea Stuff (pearl quest's, lunar island, kill Malbatross, get tree nuts and sunfish).

I always play with a full group so Ill just list my jobs.

Autumn: till and create automatic big potato and tomato farm, pig farm, catcoon farm, and rabbit men farm. Build everything for main base. Kill Eye of Terror and Bearger and locate ruins.

Winter: Begin proper farm combinations. Explore the ocean and gather lots of salt for fat Warly friend 

Spring: Begin proper farm combinations. Eradicate every moosegoose, explore ruins and kill ancient guardian, build underground base.

Summer: Begin proper farm combinations. Aid in powering ancient archives. Do pearls quests.

I dont do much solo, but Ill list that later cause I need to think.

Day 1: kill the SCP and bee queen.

Day 2: kill the AG, AFW, and dragonfly.

Day 3-6: discover a way to get cactus flower in autumn.

Day 7: kill crab king and celestial champion.

Every time I play Klei devs follow me around as Wilson so they can fix the way I get cactus flowers. It's why I always need to discover a new way.

Autumn preparing for winter and gather everything.

Winter making the based feel like home and crafts everything.

Spring preparing for summer and just explore.

Summer conquering the constant and do all the quest.

depends if i wanna rush or play relaxed but most of the time i do these no matter what

autumn: exploring to find  nice place to base and killing eye of terror and AG+crafting mag, star caller and some armor. If i have time maybe i explore the grotto to gather some living logs and glass before leaving the caves. Killing volt goats if possible. Build a little camp to start dropping sh*it and place some prototypers and a little kitchen area

winter: killing mctusk, deerclops and klaus. Maybe killing the twins. I farm some ice and maybe exploring a little the sea. Killing volt goats when i have time

spring: moose goose hunt season. Beequeen taking advantage of morning star or volt goat jelly (if warly). Maybe toadstool if i went to moon island in winter and crafted moon glass axe. I explore a little the ocean and try to gather salt and stuff for pearl quest. If i killed the shadow pieces (i always forget to be at the set piece in new moon -.-) i might fight FW using morning star or atleast prepare the stuff for the fight (finding the tentapillar and gather fossils)

summer: most of the time i finish the ruins cleaning started in autumn and fight fw/finish the preparation (depending if i feel like playing slow or not). Lately if i crafted enough ruins gear in the 1st autumn i might sail instead if i wanna a relaxed experience the day i play

its all about mood

2nd autumn i start to gather materials for megabasing

My first year:

1. Chill until Summer. Accomplishing nothing in the process.
  2. Come up with a game-plan for Summer last minute.
  3. Get overwhelmed with everything I will have to do at the next Autumn. Future me will deal with these problems.
  4. Never play that world again, and maybe start a new character in another world.

I only ever get to play by myself and I used to be efficient, rushing ruins and whatnot, but honestly I'm just not having fun like I used to anymore.

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any tips?

15 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any rips?

Prepare quickly. Armor is obtained from smashing pig houses. Healing is obtained from shovelling bluecaps in the blue forest (which is always near ruins). Do not spend too much time gathering too much armor or too much healing, and do not spend too long in the ruins (e.g. hammering walls gives a good amount of thulecite, but not compared to the time investment). Use the thulecite armor & magi you get from the ruins to defeat the bosses more easily.

If you are struggling in the ruins and dying think about what is killing you and how to approach the situations differently. I could just list everything to you, but I think figuring things out is more fun. One little hint, though, is that a torch can function similarly to a blue staff, albeit one with many drawbacks.

22 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any rips?

Don't bother with resources you won't be needing immediately, like hammering clockwork piles in the ruins during your first visit (unless WX-78, then don't bother with cooking that much). Also have your first (and probably small and temporary) base close to multiple objectives and set yourself some time limits. I tend to get distracted a lot, but, for example, if it's day 14, I stop doing whatever I'm doing and head straight for the ruins, because I know I will otherwise be too late. I don't know if this helps, but I saw others do similar stuff, I tried it myself, and suddenly I started doing a lot of stuff much faster (also started dying a lot but that's part of the process :P).

24 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

You don't need to clear ruins, the idea is to get some thulecite before finding AG, killing him and seeing what you get, craft depending on what you didn't get from the loot, so i usually leave with at least 2 star callers and a magi, if you have spare thulecite get some crowns.

Learn how to find ruins based on which biomes to look for and what to avoid, opening map while walking so that you can see more of the map because lantern has limited light and the map is updated as if you see everything in range.

If you craft alchemy engine, ham bat/football helmets, obviously we are going to hammer at least 2 pig houses for pig skin and boards even if you are really slow by day 10 you should be leaving caves with ruins gear.

It isn't really that hard to kill Eye of Terror/Dragonfly in the remaining time, bee queen would be more annoying depending on character.

Archived