What are your Goals on the each season of the first Year?

28 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any rips?

tbh the best tip is to keep playing because in that way you learn patterns in the world gen, improve your boss fight to need less preparation, etc

try to focus your time on things you really need for your plan. I have the problem of being distracted for every random sh*t i found and that made me lose a lot of time, things like killing spiders when the priority isnt silk (i won't use silk in the ruins so why killing them that early? there is time after), gathering too much of certain resource (again, there is time after), etc. Also try to avoid fighting a lot in the ruins, get some materials, craft what you need (usually i only craft mag, star caller, fewthulecite crowns+armors for next boss fights and, if ag didnt dropped the lazy explorer, a thulecite club) and leave, there is no point of going into the surface with 30 gears when you can leave before with 4 (that is more that you will need in the early game) for example. Plus i dont waste that much time with early exploration, i discover certain biomes and most of the time i just explore them a little to know which one is (like spotting moon rock base to know is the mctusk forest, spot large cacti to know that is the oasis desert, etc)

is about getting use to do certain things fast and ignore other stuff plus being able to do that stuff with less gear and food

anyways im not good at rushing things so maybe someone can come with better tips

My first year is:

Autumn: Ruins, AG, magi, star caller, dragonfly

Winter: Mctusk, Waterlogged grotto, Klaus, Deerclops

Spring: Moon caller event, shadow chess bosses, Bee queen, full level 3 tree to protect my base in summer year 2

Summer: Find atrium and Ancient archives

As Wormwood, solo. I've stopped trying to kill every boss like some kind of maniac and just go for the ones that make life easier as I build a nice comfy base Year 1. Year two I'll kill the remaining bosses and year 3 I'll do the celestial guardian. By year 4 I get bored and start a new world usually.

Autumn: Bee Queen. Eye of Terror. Lunar Island for kelp/stone fruit. Bee Boxes. Pig farm.

Winter: MacTusks. Dragonfly. Eye of Terror #2. Klaus. Ice Hoard. Deerclops.

Spring: Moose Gooses, Marble Statue and Shadow Pieces prep. Prep for Cave Base.

Summer: Explore caves. Clear ruins. Make epic loots. Ignore Antlion year 1 free ronks pleaz.

2 hours ago, Keller Max said:

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any tips?

Practice getting ready to rush the ruins, if you take longer than 4-5 days you're taking too long. The bulk of your food will be monster meat, especially monster meat from depth worms as the drop a lot of it and you need their drops for moggles.

You should only need a minimum 3~ armor and about 120-90 hp worth of healing (3 pierogi/3 trail mix). You mostly avoid damage in the ruins, except for bishops, so having minim prep is because the only damage you should be taking is from them.

Practice getting out of the ruins by day 12 or day 15 if you're doing Ancient guardian, the sooner the better. The minimum for me is a magi, a sun caller, 4 crowns (1 fro df and 3 for bee queen), and a deconstruction staff, if I get those before day 12 than cool. The absolute bare minimum is to just get a magi.

The last tips is just to practice and get used to map RNG. The worst part about ruins rushing is just getting there, you have to get used to seeing subtle tells about where the ruins are.

Autumn: explore mainland, find all wormholes, hammer pighouses, build base of crock pots, pig farm, bird cage, and drying racks. Kill EoC

Winter: McTusks, Dragonfly (unless I'm WX, then I just scan her for heat circuit and leave), Klaus, Deerclops, find moon island for kelp and stone fruit.

Spring: Grass Gecko Farm, Twiggy Tree Farm, Meese Geese, Bee Queen, Volt Goat farm

Summer: go into caves and clear the ruins. Screw surface summer.

I have started to do autumn ruins rushes, but I only really feel like they're worth it for characters like Wanda who massively benefit from it. They just take so many valuable starting days. Imo WX doesn't need to ruins rush cause he already can get 50% speed boost without a cane or mag.

I also wanna say that I hate farming, it feels so inefficient to me when I can just use a pig farm for meat (and football helmets!) And have kelp for veggies and just use meatballs, stew, and perogies for all my needs 

Autumn: Scouting the map, Ruins, Ancient Guardian, Eye of Terror, Dragonfly and highest tier character-specific gear.

Winter: Walking canes for the team, Klaus, Deerclops, more eye masks for the team.

Spring: Bee Queen, Meese, Volt Goat horns, Pearl quests (sometimes).

Summer: Antlion (sometimes), more ruins, ancient archive, tentapillar scouting.

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

My first year is:

Autumn: Day 1 shadow pieces, full ruins clear, AG, magi, 2 star callers, enraged dragonfly, bee queen, fuelweaver, twins, pearl quests, moonstone event on day 11, bee farm, pig farm, shadow manipulator

Winter: Mctusk, Waterlogged grotto, enraged Klaus, Deerclops, archives, lunar island, 2nd fuelweaver kill, reclear the ruins, fight shadow pieces for extra dark swords, farm wood for chests, goat farm, misery toadstool for mushlights

Spring: Another moon caller event, more shadow chess bosses, farm Bee queen for more jellybeans, full level 3 tree to protect my base in summer year 2, have at least 50 chests in the chest area and 36 pig houses in the pig farm, 3rd fuelweaver kill, kill dragonfly again

Summer: Finish pearl's quests, kill pearled crab king, kill celestial champion, get a 4th bone armor, clear ruins yet again, expand megabase to the ruins and autofarm the clockworks

As Wormwood, solo. I've stopped not trying to kill every boss like some kind of maniac and go for more than just the ones that make life easier as I build a huge megabase Year 1. By year 2 I get bored and start a new world usually.

please stop being a tryhard and learn to enjoy the game

10 hours ago, Keller Max said:

So many of you are going into the ruins at the first autumn. Then doing like DF and BQ and EoT. How do you have time for all of this? I feel like when im done with the ruins (if i don't die, which is 7/10 of my ruin test attempts) i will leave the cave in the middle of winter. Any tips?

watch vids of people doing it, it's too complex to understand via text.

On topic:

It depends on characters, you can't compare wanda, wolfgang, wigfrid or wx to the rest, they will always be faster and more efficient. Then it depends on map generation RNG. You will see vids of people doing all these things very fast but you won't get to see how many worlds they ran or restarted to get that run. Also map size used is very important and saves a LOT of time (Jakeyosaurus who does popular rushes uses or used small forest, medium caves, something he doesn't mention).

For me, these are general solo landmarks i try to reach (doesn't happen all the time) but i will squeeze more if i speedrun

Autumn: Eye of terror, Dfly, ruins, Shadow creatures 

Winter: klaus, deerclops, twins, farm for potatoes and pumpkin needed later

Spring: BQ (always in spring with morning star), 3 gooses, toadstool with star, pearl for umbrella, mooncaller

Summer: Antlion, finish ruins if i haven't before, FW, archives, finish pearl, get desert goggles

Autumn: CK, Champion, Farm wood with Bearger

Archived