Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wanda, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wanda, if any?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wanda?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wanda changes:

• [QoL] A way to name backtrek watches
    • [QoL] Backtrek watches in inventory show on map where you will teleport (not just on ground)
    • [Balance] Alarming clock doing less damage by default, but higher ramping when old
    • [New] Wanda's shadow magic proficiency effected all magic weapons, IE Thulecite Clubs (+shadow tentacles) and BatBats
    • [Art] Backtrek watch skins
    • [Balance] Wanda needs a new interesting disadvantage
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)

Source thread is this:

Previously I asked "What character do you main?" and after, I contacted people that replied to the poll, I compiled a list of desired changes.

In this thread feel free to vote and discuss about this character.

Not about wanda herself but I think Wanda's rift watches call for changes made to the way Lazy Deserter functions, both to make it more relevant, make desert stones and antlion more worthwhile and make the useful for solo too.

You should be able to give a desert stone to a deserter to be able to travel to any other deserter on the map without needing another player. This wouldn't be overpowered as you would need to carry desert stones and amass them to make use of them solo- they could take more sanity or even some health/hunger too. Multiplayer usage would be free besides the sanity cost and maybe players should be ablr to use it between the cave and surface shards too 

8 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I don't think this character needs changes IMO, or it's most likely the last one in the list of characters requiring QOL.
At this time it's the most powerful character of the game.

changes dont necessary means buffs

1 minute ago, loopuleasa said:

changes dont necessary means buffs

I know, maybe I didn't explain myself correctly: it's the most powerful, complete and overall versatile character of the game. It's like a whole new level of characters, the rest pale down to her.

Spoiler

Her alarming clock shouldn't have been made in the first place, just making her old wanda deal 2x damage and without sanity penalty with a dark sword would have been enough.
But it's too late to change that now.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Her alarming clock shouldn't have been made in the first place, just making her old wanda deal 2x damage and without sanity penalty with a dark sword would have been enough.
But it's too late to change that now.

I think they made it that way because they wanted a high-risk high-reward gameplay for old Wanda. They could have given her a speed boost to go with high damage low-hp gameplay and make it easier to dodge attacks but it doesn't seems like it would click with her character. So they gave her a weapon that has more range instead. And since her items are quite expensive, they made it rechargeable.

19 minutes ago, Natori said:

I think they made it that way because they wanted a high-risk high-reward gameplay for old Wanda.

The OG glass cannon is Walter (without the cannon part)

The modern and improved glass cannon is Wanda (without the glass part)

All the risk, none of the reward for Walter, and vice versa for Wanda :)

Each of her 3 ages having their own unique gameplay mechanics & downsides.

Examples being- At young age she loves playing out in the snow, at old age she hates the cold in her frail bones..

At young Age Catcoons maul her face off and are hostile stealing her watches to take back to their dens, at old age.. Catcoons see her as the sweet little old cat lady and they will be automatically befriended to her and occasionally give her gifts.

4 hours ago, Natori said:

I think they made it that way because they wanted a high-risk high-reward gameplay for old Wanda. They could have given her a speed boost to go with high damage low-hp gameplay and make it easier to dodge attacks but it doesn't seems like it would click with her character. So they gave her a weapon that has more range instead. And since her items are quite expensive, they made it rechargeable.

The alarming clock is lower risk, not higher.

8 hours ago, Waoling said:

More clock, use glass and Moongleam instead of nightmare fuel.

I think klei was against doing a moon clock because her time pieces are made from nightmare fuel and thulecite.
And even though time pieces made from those materials would be fun, the problem is that either they add only 1 clock made from those alternative time pieces, and it becomes a bit confusing because it would be the only one made from that, or they have to do a lot of work and add 2 or 3 clocks, and she seems to be in a good state content wise (I won't get into a discussion about balance, what I mean is that we don't want her to have useless watches like walter's perks.).

I guess they could add a way to transform a clock through the moon altar, which for now seems to be the only way to use/transform/imbue something nigtmare fuel related with moon power...but that would be a bit convoluted for just a character mechanic.

Some times ago someone talked about giving her the downside of not being affected by armor, and I thought that would be interesting, since she doesn't actually have an hp bar and doesn't have any "health" to protect, at first I thought that a new watch to makes her get some invicibility for a very short period could be interesting to have; but, she already has the backstep watch so...

On 5/4/2022 at 7:31 PM, Starlogy said:

Please.

Let me name Backtrek Watches.

It's the only thing she needs.

I use scaled chests for my backtrek watches. I put 6 watches in and below each, I put an item that reminds me where it goes. I mostly use the drops from each boss or their Xmas decoration. Eg. Scale for my watch to dragonfly, bee queen Xmas decoration for my watch to her. Etc.

I've got enough for 3 chests so far

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, GelatinousCube said:

Hard nerfs and a punishing new downside so she isn't pay to win and miles better than any other character. 

If i remember correctly as i read somewhere you can make around 26000 spools a year if you collect all 8 skins every week and unravel them all, i don't know if the daily skin drop is included in this and the number is probably wrong but the point is that you can get a large number of spools, it would take a while to get enough to buy all characters but if you just want 1, it shouldn't take that long.

That's without even talking about the spools you can get for klei points too, without even playing the game or logging in daily.

They need money to be able to pay salaries and make a profit, they could've stopped updating the game at any time and called it complete after porting DS content over and just making it multiplayer.

Also Wolfgang can match her and is probably even better in the first year before she has enough backtrek watches.

Wanda is the only character in the game that feels perfect to me. The way her kit synergizes with her and itself is air tight. There isn't a single point where I feel like she is underperforming. 

Her dowsides are impactful, never feel annoying, as well as serving up a new layer in how you approach the game.

Qol or no, I would be equally delighted.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wigfrid, wendy and wolfgang are free ._.

Yeah and none of them are as strong as she is.

1 hour ago, 00petar00 said:

Also Wolfgang can match her and is probably even better in the first year before she has enough backtrek watches

Mid/late game no one really compares to her imo.

Archived